Home

NBA 2K16 Hits 4 Million Sales Milestone in First Week of Release

This is a discussion on NBA 2K16 Hits 4 Million Sales Milestone in First Week of Release within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-02-2015, 04:33 PM   #41
yellow

23's Arena

OVR: 65
Re: NBA 2K16 Hits 4 Million Sales Milestone in First Week of Release

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2_headedmonster
Soooo i think the whole "2ks marketing sucks" fallacy can die now.
No

Its the dev work people love. I don't see anybody mentioning how much they love marketing information delays in here.

Give me a break.... Especially coming from the dude who said its the same ole anyway
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-02-2015, 04:39 PM   #42
MVP

BluFu's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by The 24th Letter
......what?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I think we were the only ones to witness that rant lol
Old 10-02-2015, 05:13 PM   #43
Rookie

CEOHaize's Arena

OVR: 0
What makes this even more impressive is that it took NBA 2K15 until Feburary 2015 to sell 5.5 million copies and almost a year to sale 7 million copies.
Old 10-02-2015, 05:30 PM   #44
Rookie

jcwkings's Arena

OVR: 4

I think the NBA as a whole is really hitting its stride in terms of popularity. Social Media effect on sports has really benefited the NBA the most of all the big sports because at its core the NBA is about marketing its stars. Through social media every player and especially the stars let the public get to know them on a huge level, more than in any era in the past creating a more emotional connection between players and fans. Just think back 15 years ago, did any of us know what T-Mac, Chris Webber, Vince Carter, KG, Kobe, Mike Bibby etc. were doing after games, before games, hanging out with their families etc. Nope, we just saw them for 2 hours 3 or 4 times per week on our televisions and thats about it apart from professional style interviews where they are giving canned answers and Inside Stuff once a week gave you a glimpse.
Old 10-02-2015, 05:40 PM   #45
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigboyc
Key word " selling-in". Basically mean they have sold 4 million in to the channel. 4 Million copies have not been sold. Always read the press release in marketing speak. For developers, shipping to retailers means the game will probably sold.....at some point. It may take months..... but the inventory will be depleted at some point. The NPD data will give you an idea (not the full picture) of sell-thru when that is released.
oooookay..... what's your agenda....?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-02-2015, 05:42 PM   #46
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarlndr
IGN is saying 4Mil shipped. Is it sold or shipped?

Sent from my SM-E500H using Tapatalk
I think u meant gamespot. But it's just like gamespot to rain on 2k parade being they are in bed with EA
Old 10-02-2015, 06:17 PM   #47
MVP

CaseIH's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigdipper88
Actually , SDS has been the standard for sports games for many years now. They listen and interact with the consumer.

I agree the people that make MLBTS are the gold standard of sports gaming, but I will say this year NBA2k16 is right there with MLBTS and I even say as long as the devs don't break the game by listening to some of the crybaby online players like they did last year that NBA2k16 from a gameplay standpoint will beat out MLBTS. Which is really hard for me to say as their is no bigger fan of MLBTS than myself but NBA2k16 gameplay is by far the ebst its been ever.

Favorite teams:
MLB- Reds/ and whoever is playing the Cubs
NBA- Pacers
NFL- Dolphins & Colts
Old 10-02-2015, 06:25 PM   #48
MVP

CaseIH's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcwkings
I think the NBA as a whole is really hitting its stride in terms of popularity. Social Media effect on sports has really benefited the NBA the most of all the big sports because at its core the NBA is about marketing its stars. Through social media every player and especially the stars let the public get to know them on a huge level, more than in any era in the past creating a more emotional connection between players and fans. Just think back 15 years ago, did any of us know what T-Mac, Chris Webber, Vince Carter, KG, Kobe, Mike Bibby etc. were doing after games, before games, hanging out with their families etc. Nope, we just saw them for 2 hours 3 or 4 times per week on our televisions and thats about it apart from professional style interviews where they are giving canned answers and Inside Stuff once a week gave you a glimpse.

I do think the NBA is in a growth cycle, and probably has some todo with all that social media BS. Id say a lot of it is also because there are some really good guys in the league that are very likable, and do good outside the basketball arena, like Steph Curry, and LBJ, just to name 2, but there are several more really good guys in the league, Obviously there will always be a few pieces of trash in the league, not to mention any names, but not sure there is as many as there has been in past years.

Favorite teams:
MLB- Reds/ and whoever is playing the Cubs
NBA- Pacers
NFL- Dolphins & Colts

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »