Home

For Those Who Don't Like The Game-> What are Your Issues?

This is a discussion on For Those Who Don't Like The Game-> What are Your Issues? within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 10-02-2015, 03:07 PM   #25
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: For Those Who Don't Like The Game-> What are Your Issues?

The only gripe i have is the speed and ball handling caps in My Player. Its like 2k wanted everybody to play point guard. A 6'9 220 SF with a max speed of 70 and handle of 60 doesn't make sense when you can't keep up with the players your supposed to guard. Its not My Player anymore when you factor in the lame nickname and ******* dance. Its Your Player 2k. You wanna tone down the shooting, make the defense better. That's all good. Does my guy have to be snail slow and not be able to dribble for that to happen tho?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-02-2015, 03:10 PM   #26
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ichi
Sure. I'll do it tomorrow, because it's Friday night here, but I'll try to capture and upload it tomorrow to show you. Bare in mind that up and unders don't work easily from mid post, as they don't in real life.
I've already listed a bunch of players and loaded up youtube examples showing players use these movse in real life. Here's more, it shouldn't be about how hard they are to perform in real life. I can't even do them in practice with zero defense. It's about them being performable at all....

demar derozen
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hEsHwFyzhC0
2:16
3:36
7:49
Old 10-02-2015, 03:32 PM   #27
MVP

OVR: 12

I like the game. Although I do have issues. I play single player broadcast cam. I played 2k cam since its inception but I can no longer play on that cam because it makes me dizzy.

Gripes: Defensive rotations are poor especially for the user.

Interior passing by the cpu is ridiculous. They make pinpoint passes through traffic. Had a scenario where there were literally 8 players all in the paint and the cpu made 3 zippy passes through all of that traffic for a score.

Cpu jump passes and over the shoulder passes that travel great distances with super speed and pinpoint accuracy when you've played great defense.

Cpu controlled defensive players on your team. Connected to the passing issue but, I've D'd up and had guards pick up their dribble way out by the time line only to have my cpu controlled defender under the basket not play between his man and the basket. Couple this with the pinpoint passes under duress and easy bucket cpu.

I know it's an issue with the camera I play on but the cpu completes full court passes to players under the basket that aren't in frame because I'm defending the point guard. Somehow even after makes with me switching to the PG, my players get beat down the court for easy layups. Oftentimes I'll have more people back on defense but no one protects the basket. They just all stupidly search out their man and are oblivious to the ball. This generally happens when the cpu wants to keep the game close.
Old 10-02-2015, 03:45 PM   #28
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by walk with me
I see there are a lot of people who love this years 2k and I can see why but I'm personally not as pleased with the changes they made this year.

Few of my issues are...

- CPU Defense = OP
- No user ID on defense when playing H2H Online
- bad rotations on p&r's
- difficulty of contested lay ups in the paint
- how easy it is to block dunks
- post offense seems to be broken

few of my gripes and I'm not afraid to be proven wrong.... just my opinion.

edit: and to clarify I'm talking about online h2h. I usually never play vs the CPU and I haven't played my player park mode yet.

I agree with ALL of your points. Including the contested layups.

As a Spurs fan, Tony Parker & Manu Ginobili losing their relentless finisher badges punches me right in the gut. Then when you take away my ability to move the ball with so much gravity placed on the quickness/speed of the players, the game itself. And finally, the defense and the screens the pick and rolls. Let me tell you something right now, I already downloaded the NBA live 16 demo. I bought Forza, and I got good quickly in Madden. If this is what 2K's been working towards, count me out.

My run w/ 2k has been uncommon at least, legendary at best and I've got no problem, with having to buy NBA 2K, to have and wait for Call Of Duty to come out so that the strategic marketing department of NBA 2K feels as if they need to compete with them, by dropping a PATCH. I am perfectly well, on that end. Maybe next year, I won't even participate in the early tip off.

It blows my mind, how much Steph Curry's stock has grown, cause this game wouldn't sell $4Million. NO WAY. A 6 is too high of a rating. I'm so DISgusted, ugh.

Sent from my iPhone using Tap
Old 10-02-2015, 03:56 PM   #29
Rookie

Just because your garbage at the game doesn't mean something is wrong with the games just means your garbage lol
Old 10-02-2015, 03:58 PM   #30
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Young Coaches
I agree with ALL of your points. Including the contested layups.

As a Spurs fan, Tony Parker & Manu Ginobili losing their relentless finisher badges punches me right in the gut. Then when you take away my ability to move the ball with so much gravity placed on the quickness/speed of the players, the game itself. And finally, the defense and the screens the pick and rolls. Let me tell you something right now, I already downloaded the NBA live 16 demo. I bought Forza, and I got good quickly in Madden. If this is what 2K's been working towards, count me out.

My run w/ 2k has been uncommon at least, legendary at best and I've got no problem, with having to buy NBA 2K, to have and wait for Call Of Duty to come out so that the strategic marketing department of NBA 2K feels as if they need to compete with them, by dropping a PATCH. I am perfectly well, on that end. Maybe next year, I won't even participate in the early tip off.

It blows my mind, how much Steph Curry's stock has grown, cause this game wouldn't sell $4Million. NO WAY. A 6 is too high of a rating. I'm so DISgusted, ugh.

Sent from my iPhone using Tap
The game selling doesn't have anything to do with curry it's a great game
Old 10-02-2015, 04:21 PM   #31
Rookie

God, so many people claiming it's the perfect game, just like last year's 2K15. Ironically at best 2K16 can only be called a small improvement over 2K15.

Here are some of the cheese and bugs and stupidities, some of which dated back since 2K13 and 2K still haven't bothered fixing.

Rebounds:

Defense (teammates):
Bump animation suddenly doesn't work:

Clumping in the paint for no reason, leaving players open:

Nobody remotely competent will deflect this pass instead of catching it, like the other CPU does, even though you made a bullet pass point blank:

Rotation logic is completely ********:

No close out for no reason, even though in the video above, even with the screwed up rotation, KD still tried to contest the shot???

Teammates always prioritize clumping in the paint during a fast break, in order to give CPU shooters room to take clean shots:

Contact animations suddenly disappear and CPU makes a cheesy basket:

Reach through my body with his hands to catch a pass. Funny how my body doesn't seem to be able to touch the ball, bu the CPU can:

Defense (CPU):
Sudden speed boost out of nowhere, as well as passing through your body to get into position to contest (btw my guy was turbo-ing with speed and acceleration 76):

CPU defender pass through my body but somehow is able to not pass through the ball for a steal:

CPU miracle speed boost:

Offense (teammates):
What do you do when you have a clear lane to the basket and you're KD? Take a funky layup/floater:

Teammates make extremely bad shot selections:
Why the heck don't you spin the other way?

Shooting instead of a close range layup:

There's plenty of free space on the court but he has to pull up in front of a defender:

Let's pull up in front of a defender, again:

Forced animations:
After the spin I suddenly am forced to do a hesitation. Of course defender catches up by going right through my body:

Again, hesitation for no reason:

And again:

I hit an invisible wall while dribbling:

So much CPU cheese it's not even funny, it's starting to stink.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-02-2015, 04:29 PM   #32
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kdot
Just because your garbage at the game doesn't mean something is wrong with the games just means your garbage lol
real mature. I posted very specific examples, instead of being a clown why don't you try to explain how I could be doing better within the examples I used.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »