Home

Official MyGM / MyLEAGUE / MLO 2K17 Wish List

This is a discussion on Official MyGM / MyLEAGUE / MLO 2K17 Wish List within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-02-2015, 02:44 PM   #9
Pro

joosegoose's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Official MyGM / MyLEAGUE / MLO 2K17 Wish List

• Cap holds...as much of the CBA you're willing/able to implement. Include the rules you can access ingame if needed to avoid overwhelming players. Complete CBA adherance could always be toggle-able, us franchise nerds would love it
  • Ability to change freelance from paused/coaching menu in games, ability to incorporate freelance as part of coaching gameplan in franchise modes. Accessing freelance in scrimmage goes with this.
  • Everything in the OP. Related: trading "ability to swap future first rounders." I understand this is a bit specific, but this does get traded
  • Overhauled free agency. Every year things are slow until the biggest max free agents sign (which is a bit of a process in and of itself). Free agency where guys feel fought over and trades can happen (and sort of backfire like Houston clearing space for Bosh) would completely revitalize the offseason
  • Eurostashes, and any other ways to make lower-tier draft picks actually matter
  • Ability to start franchise from present day
  • Vague, but more "dynamic" progression/regression. Sometimes guys stagnate for a couple years then make an unexpected leap or decline. Words cannot describe how great it would be to better emulate in 2k
  • Durability (including that of specific body parts) should factor into how teams evaluate players and the contracts they give. Listing durabilities next to OVR and age on any sort of transaction screen would be nice too
  • Listing the option years of contracts on trade screens, it's a hassle to have to look up individually every time

Last edited by joosegoose; 10-02-2015 at 02:54 PM.
Old 10-02-2015, 02:59 PM   #10
2K OL Legend

amedawg00's Arena

OVR: 15

Davez...first I'd like to thank you for an amazing first year reboot of myleague online. It is stable, functional, and robust. With that said, here are my wishlists for myleague online 2k17.

DURING THE SEASON:

Practice play mode should be embedded in this mode along with scrimmage, post play play practice, and free throw practice, and free style practice. Rosters evolve over time in OAs and having to reassemble your roster outside of the mode in order to practice plays with them is untenable.

Allow updated rosters to be imported at any point in the season to keep the first year season current with the real nba. One of the main reasons for restarts is the temptation to use the most updated rosters that account for progression and regression of players.

Allow for progressive fatigue, injuries (number of games), training, etc.

Allow admins to override or reset injuries. A season ending injury could be modified, lessened or reset, depending on lg house rules.

Allow for admins to control the FA pool. All FA pool player signings and releasing should be in the admins discretion. When a league member wants to release and sign a player during the season, the admin should have final say period. As of now, it's simply a wild wild west of first come first serve with FA pool signings with no structure. If player contracts are in, which I assume, make player signings subject to player morale of "play for winner, play for money, etc." But the final allocation of the FA pool player should be subject to the admins approval or dissaproval.

A companion website to myleague online in the vein of the pre 2k11 online league community sites, where live gametracking, standings and stats, uploaded highlights, and league content articles can be hosted. This is great for immersion in addition to the social media tracker and ticker. If its not possible, a consolation prize would be a live game tracking hub within the myleague online menus circa the 2k12-14 last gen OAs.

OFFSEASON:

Step 1:

Draft Lottery held during conference finals of the playoffs. Make it so that it has some kind of presentation during pregame of the conference finals for immersion if possible.

Step 2:

Allow custom draft class imports or the ability to use generated draft classes. More customization the better. Separate the league roster and the custom draft class roster; and yet allow both to be imported.

Rookie Draft after playoffs conclude. DO NOT ALLOW FOR ANY AUTO ADVANCES. PLEASE MAKE IT MANUAL. In the past the auto advance in OAs would glitch and corrupt the league, preventing the continuation of the franchise to subsequent seasons.

Allow admin to set up a time/appointment in the league menus for the rookie draft. Make it noticeable and visible like the current notification pop ups in myleague online when the admin makes changes to the league settings, promotes, demotes, etc.

Allow admin to pause and resume the draft at any time to account for absences, no shows, etc.

Allow admin to make picks for members in the event of a no show.

Step 3:

Team Options - Each lg member gets to decide whether to pick up team options.

Player options - Players decide to opt in or out depending on random generator simulation, player morale, etc.

Retirement - Retirements announced in social media panel/ticker.

FREE AGENCY:

DO NOT MAKE THIS RANDOM; DO NOT RUSH THE PROCESS in terms of who signs when and where. In the past OAs, there were 5 to 10 second intervals for offering contracts to free agents and it felt like blur. Instead, have all teams submit free agent bids to the admin for all players that are free agents. Having cap space and making highest bid alone should determine who signs where. In league with human users, there should be nothing subjective about this. It should be based purely and objectively based on math, i.e., cap space and money. When the highest bid is final, the admin can award the the player to the team. In the event of tie breakers, the a bidding war will ensue until someone taps out based on available cap space.

To avoid the confusion of leagues that have cpu teams and human teams conflicting with this proposal, we should options of creating user only leagues as well user/cpu leagues.

CAMPS:

Keep the various camps for improving player attributes, i.e. big man offense, shooting, rebounding, etc.

SUMMER LEAGUE:

Offline myleague has it and so should the online portion.

***If this is too ambitious for one cycle***

In the event that these suggestions cannot be implemented and the team goes for simplicity and stability; simply allow for the OFFLINE myleague rosters to be exported, saved, and then imported into myleague online after simming seasons to account for progression and regression. The draft could be handled via custom draft class imports. And free agency done by highest bidder/cap space and admin adjucation of the process.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

PLACEHOLDER FOR MOCKUPS COMING SOON.

[XLSL SIX NBA 2K11 Champion]

[NSBA SIV NBA 2K11 Champion]

[NSBA SVI NBA 2K12 Champion]

[SCH SI NBA 2K15 Champion]

[SCH SII NBA 2K15 Champion]

[SCH SIII NBA 2K15 Champion]

[SCH SIV NBA 2K16 Champion]

[SCH SV NBA 2K18 Champion]

Last edited by amedawg00; 10-02-2015 at 03:23 PM.
Old 10-02-2015, 03:13 PM   #11
Rookie

More practice options

• Try to incorporate the freedom of “Live Practice” from MyCareer (Team Shootaround)
• Free-throws Drills
• Offense/Defense Drills

New player Notice:

The player should feel like the team made an impact in regards to signing a FA or completing a trade. Bring up a screen that showcases some stats and accomplishments of the player. For Example, say I sign Ray Allen in FA, a screen or something identical would pop-up, show his picture and say:

• Drafted by: Minnesota Timberwolves (#5 Pick) of the 1996 NBA Draft
• Played for: Bucks (1996-97 to 2002-03), Supersonics (2002-03 to 2006-07), etc.
• NBA titles: 2 Championships
• All Star: 10 times
• Awards: 1996-97 All-Rookie Second Team, etc.
• Specialties: 3-Point, etc.

After this screen, the GM might have a player or owner come up and talk to him/her about the impact of the new decision. Add something that makes the player feel like they made a good or bad move. Add a bigger social media presence, tough media questions, and NBA headlines about the new move.

Coach Profiles:

When looking at coaches in Free Agency, let us see their profiles.

• What teams have they coached?
• Win/loss record
• Were they a former player?
• How many championships do they have under their belt?
• Loyalty? Play for Winner? Money?

Bigger Social Media Presence:

• Rumors – Tension between teammates, problems with coaches,
• Analysts’ predictions on draft and picked rookies
• If a team makes a bad move or something doesn’t go as planned, let’s hear about it. (ex. DeAndre Jordan and the Mavs)

GM Surveys – Topics include;

• Predictions (Finals Champ, Conference Champs. Division Champs, etc.)
• Players (MVP? If you were starting a franchise who would you sign? Which player forces the coach to make the most adjustments? Best player by position, best rookie, etc.)
• Offseason Moves (Who made the best moves? Which acquisition will make the biggest impact? Most underrated move? Most improved team?
• Etc. (Defense, Rookie and International, Coaches, Miscellaneous)

You could make it optional. The player doesn’t have to fill it out and they can still see the results from other GMs around the league. However, if they do, they might get VC or boosts for staff relationships, etc. It will allow players to get involved in the season and will allow us to see how the league is moving season by season. If your survey predictions are right, you might get GM awards (Relationship boosts, VC, bonus in Fan Interest, increase in team chemistry, etc).
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-02-2015, 03:38 PM   #12
Rookie

cbpo's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by amedawg00
Davez...first I'd like to thank you for an amazing first year reboot of myleague online. It is stable, functional, and robust. With that said, here are my wishlists for myleague online 2k17.

DURING THE SEASON:

Practice play mode should be embedded in this mode along with scrimmage, post play play practice, and free throw practice, and free style practice. Rosters evolve over time in OAs and having to reassemble your roster outside of the mode in order to practice plays with them is untenable.

Allow updated rosters to be imported at any point in the season to keep the first year season current with the real nba. One of the main reasons for restarts is the temptation to use the most updated rosters that account for progression and regression of players.

Allow for progressive fatigue, injuries (number of games), training, etc.

Allow admins to override or reset injuries. A season ending injury could be modified, lessened or reset, depending on lg house rules.

Allow for admins to control the FA pool. All FA pool player signings and releasing should be in the admins discretion. When a league member wants to release and sign a player during the season, the admin should have final say period. As of now, it's simply a wild wild west of first come first serve with FA pool signings with no structure. If player contracts are in, which I assume, make player signings subject to player morale of "play for winner, play for money, etc." But the final allocation of the FA pool player should be subject to the admins approval or dissaproval.

A companion website to myleague online in the vein of the pre 2k11 online league community sites, where live gametracking, standings and stats, uploaded highlights, and league content articles can be hosted. This is great for immersion in addition to the social media tracker and ticker. If its not possible, a consolation prize would be a live game tracking hub within the myleague online menus circa the 2k12-14 last gen OAs.

OFFSEASON:

Step 1:

Draft Lottery held during conference finals of the playoffs. Make it so that it has some kind of presentation during pregame of the conference finals for immersion if possible.

Step 2:

Allow custom draft class imports or the ability to use generated draft classes. More customization the better. Separate the league roster and the custom draft class roster; and yet allow both to be imported.

Rookie Draft after playoffs conclude. DO NOT ALLOW FOR ANY AUTO ADVANCES. PLEASE MAKE IT MANUAL. In the past the auto advance in OAs would glitch and corrupt the league, preventing the continuation of the franchise to subsequent seasons.

Allow admin to set up a time/appointment in the league menus for the rookie draft. Make it noticeable and visible like the current notification pop ups in myleague online when the admin makes changes to the league settings, promotes, demotes, etc.

Allow admin to pause and resume the draft at any time to account for absences, no shows, etc.

Allow admin to make picks for members in the event of a no show.

Step 3:

Team Options - Each lg member gets to decide whether to pick up team options.

Player options - Players decide to opt in or out depending on random generator simulation, player morale, etc.

Retirement - Retirements announced in social media panel/ticker.

FREE AGENCY:

DO NOT MAKE THIS RANDOM; DO NOT RUSH THE PROCESS in terms of who signs when and where. In the past OAs, there were 5 to 10 second intervals for offering contracts to free agents and it felt like blur. Instead, have all teams submit free agent bids to the admin for all players that are free agents. Having cap space and making highest bid alone should determine who signs where. In league with human users, there should be nothing subjective about this. It should be based purely and objectively based on math, i.e., cap space and money. When the highest bid is final, the admin can award the the player to the team. In the event of tie breakers, the a bidding war will ensue until someone taps out based on available cap space.

To avoid the confusion of leagues that have cpu teams and human teams conflicting with this proposal, we should options of creating user only leagues as well user/cpu leagues.

CAMPS:

Keep the various camps for improving player attributes, i.e. big man offense, shooting, rebounding, etc.

SUMMER LEAGUE:

Offline myleague has it and so should the online portion.

***If this is too ambitious for one cycle***

In the event that these suggestions cannot be implemented and the team goes for simplicity and stability; simply allow for the OFFLINE myleague rosters to be exported, saved, and then imported into myleague online after simming seasons to account for progression and regression. The draft could be handled via custom draft class imports. And free agency done by highest bidder/cap space and admin adjucation of the process.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

PLACEHOLDER FOR MOCKUPS COMING SOON.
Agree with mostly everything except the highest bidder necessarily getting the free agent. They def should do away with the time but teams should all still be allowed to bid which can be controlled by admin but there should still be a system in place where the player may sign to a team that isn't the highest bidder, taking into account how good the team is now/future of team etc like in real life. If one team just happens to have a little less money but are a far better team there should still be a chance the player signs with them.
Old 10-02-2015, 03:39 PM   #13
MVP

Junior Moe's Arena

First off, great job on 2K16! I am having a blast with MyLeague this year; the ticker add so much depth. On to my wishlist:

I would like to see the Euroleague incorporated into MyLeague. It could be similar to how the NBDL was a few years ago. But give us the ability to draft the rights to a player or outright sign them once their contract is up with their Euro club if they want to play in the NBA. The players could have ambitions like NBA players, though. Some may just not want to play in the NBA. So we may draft a guy and he never comes over because he likes Europe.

Speaking of the NBDL, lets get that back as well. Now I would love the ability to play these games, but I'm cool with not being able to as long as I can send players down and track their progress...

You already hit on tats for draft classes. That's a given. But I would like the ability to add tats to current NBA players. Some guys get tatted up throughout their careers (JR Smith, LeBron) and I would like the ability to do this as well. I may want to add some tats to Anthony Davis in a few years...

Let us add advertisements to the arenas without having to rebrand. I think I saw in one thread that it's a legal issue or something. Even still, give us the ability to "copy" the arena then and do as we please. In New York, I want to place New York centric stuff on the advertisements, but in Milwaukee, I want ads that reflect that region. Same for every other arena.

Also, can we get the ticker to show up during actual games? It would add to an already stellar presentation package.

That's all I have for now...
Old 10-02-2015, 03:46 PM   #14
Rookie

OVR: 3

I think its time to revamp the All Star Weekend to make it more exciting. More events and better presentation. I want more control during the Dunk Contest, I'm still a fan of live 2005 dunk contest because it was somewhat realistic and it gave me control on what I want to do. But this is 2ksports so I know yall can make up a new one.
Old 10-02-2015, 03:49 PM   #15
Rookie

cbpo's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by deetoman
I think its time to revamp the All Star Weekend to make it more exciting. More events and better presentation. I want more control during the Dunk Contest, I'm still a fan of live 2005 dunk contest because it was somewhat realistic and it gave me control on what I want to do. But this is 2ksports so I know yall can make up a new one.
True, old days live dunk contest was really fun. I think there needs to be more consistency with The score you get and difficulty of the dunks. Its the main reason why I don't really do it is because you can pull off a sick dunk and get a 37 then someone else does something basic and gets like a 46. Would actually look forward to dunk contest if it was legit.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-02-2015, 04:19 PM   #16
MVP

BluFu's Arena

OVR: 4

-Small thing (I forgot who posted it) but would be really cool is if CAPs could have their own mini interviews in game (maybe 10 different voices). Would allow long MyLeague saves to age nicely

-Jersey retirements

-Coaching records

-Allow for rebrand/reloaction data to be saved on a USB (if you can't find a workaround to extend the limit for the consoles)

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »