Home

Official MyGM / MyLEAGUE / MLO 2K17 Wish List

This is a discussion on Official MyGM / MyLEAGUE / MLO 2K17 Wish List within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-07-2015, 10:27 PM   #57
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Official MyGM / MyLEAGUE / MLO 2K17 Wish List

Not sure if licensing would allow this, but adding a lot more college teams and making those teams playable in a season or league mode outside of the My Career mode would be awesome. Same thing with Euroleague teams. Why not make it an all-inclusive basketball game under the NBA umbrella?
Old 10-07-2015, 10:38 PM   #58
Rookie

The ability to create additional uniforms for existing teams, without the need to fully rebrand nor relocate that team.
Old 10-08-2015, 12:02 AM   #59
Pro

joosegoose's Arena

Well, this is a wish list, so I'm going to post a complex wish

I suggested Euro-stashes already, as a means to give the draft more relevance outside of the lottery. I think it goes without saying that the deeper the draft/player development process is, the better the whole game mode is.

One idea would be to incorporate some version of the Bust/Bench/Star% model (created by Layne Vashro, I believe). Right now in the game, we know how good a player currently is and how good they could potentially become. We don't know how likely a player is to actually reach their potential...all else equal, two players that are equal in current ability and potential have exactly the same likelihood of reaching their potential.

There are some guys in the league who have a high likelihood of being total busts, but also have a chance to become something special...one example would probably be Zach LaVine. These types of players--and others--are represented reasonably well in 2k currently (I know work has been put in to make the potential/development process more realistic, I don't mean to discredit it) but I feel like there's still another dimension that we're missing for realism. Especially with the increased ability to micromanage our prospects' development process, there doesn't feel like enough surprise and intrigue when it comes to drafting and developing prospects. This is one (relatively vague, I know) idea to help with that.

Sorry if I rambled too much for a wish list post. I already made a bullet-point post, I had to get at least one of these in here
Old 10-08-2015, 12:11 AM   #60
Rookie

scotthedge's Arena

GM Mode Essentials:

Promises that can be kept.

Price changes, you don't get any at the start of the year anymore except for ones you pick when leveling up once in a while.

Not being able to change court images/colors/jersey colors til the following year after a second rebrand would be nice so I'm not stuck with future jerseys with an old team.

Staff hiring like it used to be. I can't fire someone without the game being nearly broken as it wont allow me to hire someone else.
Old 10-08-2015, 08:15 AM   #61
Rookie

Sitew33's Arena

Pre-season games
Have the ability to carry 18 players on roster to use during pre-season
Rebranding/Relocating - The ability to create warmups along with new uniforms.
And speaking of warm ups please have players wear team warmups when wearing all uniforms (Throwbacks)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-08-2015, 10:56 AM   #62
MVP

midwestking100's Arena

Arena lighting needs to be consider an option when relocating or rebranding your team.
Old 10-08-2015, 10:59 AM   #63
MVP

BluFu's Arena

OVR: 4

Players in injury rehab shouldn't be able to play any games. It's a lot better than last year, but I'm still seeing players play in games for 1 or 2 minutes (unnecessarily risking further injury). This is without the 'hardened' badge. Please fix.
Old 10-08-2015, 11:16 AM   #64
Pro

Scvllp's Arena

When creating a player, editing an existing player, creating a team, creating your MyPlayer, give us the ability to edit shorts lengths.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »