Home

Am I The One?(NBA 2K16 has a serious problem)

This is a discussion on Am I The One?(NBA 2K16 has a serious problem) within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-03-2015, 08:59 AM   #17
Rookie

OVR: 10
Re: Am I The One?(NBA 2K16 has a serious problem)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockie_Fresh88
Did you miss where I said some of the issues are legit ?

And again I say some of them really are from not understanding the game.

The game auto mixes up matches based on hot cold streaks and defensive ratings for example . It might not be perfect and at times it may not even make sense to you but it is a step Foward from what we had . It's a work in progress. The transition defense is a problem . 3 second calls happen what's wrong with that ?
Again a discussion is not about whether you agree with me or not but clarifying your position. I listed 3 issues which one isn't "understanding the game" and why? Like I said I am calling out a problem I am seeing and if you have the answer please share otherwise I was saying there no need to reply if you ain't gonna help a fellow OS member in distress is all I'm saying lol
Old 10-03-2015, 09:03 AM   #18
Lockdown Defender

Rockie_Fresh88's Arena

OVR: 17

I just said why man lol referring to the mismatches . I agree with the transition defense
#1 Laker fan
First Team Defense !!!
Old 10-03-2015, 09:04 AM   #19
Banned

OVR: 0

Transition defense and bad foul calls are the two main things that stand out to me.

I would even build off of your programmed spots issue to show BEFORE that you even have half your guys confused on their turn around to get back. When you have someone who is constantly breaking, you still notice much of your team will start sliding around trying to get back and getting blown right by.

Transition D needs to sharpen up, not the passing, players can make those passes, but teams can play transition D too..

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
Old 10-03-2015, 09:18 AM   #20
MVP

HypoLuxa13's Arena

OVR: 0

The more I play, the more I agree about transition defense. The CPU AI is programmed to take full advantage, too. So if you are using a below average defensive team, against a good team like the Spurs, they will have almost a Loyala Marymount offense feel to them.

Opponent CPU rebounds a miss, and they quickly push it up court, and because of the poor defensive positioning and awareness by CPU controlled team mates, opponent CPU will easily find the open man and get a quality shot off in the first 7-9 seconds of the shot clock.

Even on makes, they inbound and if they push up quickly, they can get a quality shot off in 10-11 seconds often times. I know some of it is that I'm not playing very quality defense, but yikes. To see the Spurs run and gun against me and put up 125 points on All Star Sim even though I held them to a modest 47% shooting, you know they are getting a lot of transition shots off early in the shot clock.

I'm still loving this game. Hoping that maybe the transition D can be tuned in a patch.
Old 10-03-2015, 09:21 AM   #21
ERA

The 24th Letter's Arena

OVR: 38
Am I The One?(NBA 2K16 has a serious problem)

Just do point out Dave, what the defense is "attempting" to simulate (and sometimes not very well) is building a wall in transition...this is the "programmed zone" you're seeing when your changing your POE

You're always taught that your first priority is walling off the paint, then guarding. the nearest man if your scrambling back, which is why you're seeing mismatches....AI doesn't always do a good job of that....and sometimes if your the human getting back....your taking the person your controlling out of position forcing other guys to get out of position as well...

Here's a pretty good example of that, where the CPU actually picked up my slack....even through Hendo made the shot....

https://vid.me/vqSQ

Definitely needs a bit of tweaking though....I think I have a bigger issue with opposing teams getting BEHIND the D so easily than the actual positioning...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited by The 24th Letter; 10-03-2015 at 09:24 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-03-2015, 09:21 AM   #22
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockie_Fresh88
I just said why man lol referring to the mismatches . I agree with the transition defense
LOL. I apologize I did not see that last part but that not why I am getting mismatching. And this is not a sometime thing. Again this is 90% of time and I am not exaggerating and welcome any video showing otherwise.And the reason I know that the hot/cold and defensive rating isn't the logic because in my testing

1.There is no cold or hot streak since this happen from the beginning plus all my players are cold as I tried to miss shoots just to show everyone the problem in transition

2. Second this happens because 2 men play zone which causes the other players to pick their man creating the mismatch or not picking them up at all . For example in one video I have when the 1 and the 2 are the preprogrammed players going to the zone spot there will always be a mismatch and the bigger problem is they didn't have to go but they are programmed to go. Like I said to me this is a step back because they did the same preprogrammed stuff in 2k15 but it wasn't this bad because they broke out of it when the ballhandler got near halfcourt in 2k16 they don't which exacerbate the problem. And I am not saying 2k15 transition was great but I could deal with it is all

But thanks for the input as it is greatly appreciated as it keeps this thread alive so that the devs can see it and patch it
Old 10-03-2015, 09:34 AM   #23
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by The 24th Letter
Just do point out Dave, what the defense is "attempting" to simulate (and sometimes not very well) is building a wall in transition...this is the "programmed zone" you're seeing when your changing your POE

You're always taught that your first priority is walling off the paint, then guarding. the nearest man if your scrambling back, which is why you're seeing mismatches....AI doesn't always do a good job of that....and sometimes if your the human getting back....your taking the person your controlling out of position forcing other guys to get out of position as well...

Here's a pretty good example of that, where the CPU actually picked up my slack....even through Hendo made the shot....

Definitely needs a bit of tweaking though....I think I have a bigger issue with opposing teams getting BEHIND the D so easily than the actual positioning...

Thanks I know that they are trying to do. The problem is how it is implemented and for how long. And The problem is that they do it no matter what on defense .On Defense I can try and force my pg or sg not to leave based on the situation and it work out sometime.But I play offline mostly so the bigger problem is when I am on offense I can't help out the the computer controlled defense which is why I am getting easy transition offense not because I am some great player but the cpu "gave" me this on a silver platter and this is happen 90% of time which kills any chance for me to play franchise as there is no challenge. So do a video where you are in transition and you will understand what I am saying better. But thanks for the video and input.
Old 10-03-2015, 09:45 AM   #24
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by The 24th Letter

You bring up another good point which is the defensive players do move slower than offense player after rebound. Some of that is because of the lateral shuffle the other reason sometime is they atually pause and watch the ball handler instead of leaving with there man in transition. Video below shows one of problems. You can fast forward to the 45 second mark

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q3nCJHxFlk8

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »