Home

Pick and Roll automatic score

This is a discussion on Pick and Roll automatic score within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-03-2015, 05:20 AM   #17
Banned

OVR: 0
Re: Pick and Roll automatic score

Quote:
Originally Posted by thevardano
I play SS Sim I should say CPU is pretty good at defending P&R. But it is disaster when CPU runs P&R against me because my perimeter players often coming to help it and leaving their opponents open. And you know what happens next. I see low IQ from my players at defending P&R in many situations.
This. My guy defending the big in the pick and roll hard hedges and covers the ball handler and leaves the big wide open to roll. If I run the PnR I get owned by the D. The simply stick to me like glue, dodge the screens or whatever. There are games where it works nicely but others where it doesn't work at all.
Old 10-03-2015, 08:33 AM   #18
MVP

Mos1ted's Arena

OVR: 21
Re: Pick and Roll automatic score

I played a few quarters this morning with the Trailblazers against the Spurs, and Damien Lilliard, who has a pick and roll badge I believe, was killing the Spurs with this despite the wide range in talent between the two teams. The Spurs were still far ahead of me on the scoreboard, but this move was too effective for me to get fully immersed into the game, which caused me to play lazily on both ends. I decided to switch back to Hall of Fame after dabbling in Superstar for a while. I think I rather take on the bigger challenge early of trying to beat the CPU on the highest difficulty setting than having to play with a go-to move on offense that's unstoppable. The move is less effective for me on this level.

Edit: Played a few possessions with the same two teams on Hall of Fame, and the pick and roll is much harder to execute. Even when my big man has a clear lane to the basket, help defense comes over quickly to close it down. I can no longer cheese with this move against the CPU (against good teams at least).

Last edited by Mos1ted; 10-03-2015 at 08:45 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »