Home

Online gameplay in NBA 2K16 still needs improvement

This is a discussion on Online gameplay in NBA 2K16 still needs improvement within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-05-2015, 02:08 AM   #33
Banned

OVR: 6
Re: Online gameplay in NBA 2K16 still needs improvement

Great post, people also bring someone up when you inbound and your bigs are too slow running up the floor to make them pay for trying to 1 man full court press.

There is something wrong with the corner 3 in this game, open wing threes almost always go in, yet the open corner three doesn't even though it's a higher percentage shot.

Last edited by abuC; 10-05-2015 at 02:11 AM.
Old 10-05-2015, 02:17 AM   #34
MVP

Hustle Westbrook's Arena

OVR: 0

Transition Defense is hilariously bad now. I'm actually starting to get a kick out of watching how badly my ai teammates defend fast breaks. I might make a montage video soon.
Old 10-05-2015, 04:26 AM   #35
Rookie

OVR: 7

I'm 14-2 online having used only the following teams:

Jazz 7-0
Milwaukee 5-2
Magic 1-0
Kings 1-0

I defend on-ball every possession, and I still have great success.

That being said, hail marry/outlet passes are back, opposing bigs slipping past your entire defense and out-running all of them down court (and none of your bigs getting back to defend them due to stupid AI), and jetting down the sidelines/baseline with turbo is still very much in. I hit a ton of open shots because I'm good with the releases, but points in the paint are essentially unstoppable. I play very good interior D because I have Gobert and Favors to help me, Gobert's wingspan has him deflecting tons of interior passes, and I don't jump inside, I simply time them well and hold up on the stick to challenge shots, and I recover in time (you have to make sure to quickly switch to your bigs and get in position for the blocks). I get around 5-10 blocks a game on average just with good positioning/timing, and I use a lot of my own players to run back and contest their fast breaks (but I shouldn't have to constantly do this).

Defending requires a lot of work in this game, proper positioning, but I'm able to stifle teams and I blow out most of my opponents on an average of 10-20 points. A lot of them try to kick in the cheese to get back in games but it doesn't work very well if you know how to defend it properly.

Make sure to switch to your other players and quickly turbo them down court to get back in position (this helps the AI set up once you switch back to your PG to defend).

Although my on-ball defense is stellar and I predict well, my one complaint is that they can often do one move and then just turbo laterally and I'm unable to catch up at all (by the time I take my finger off L2 and switch back to turbo to run back to them they're already in the paint). You have to know when to sag and when to get close and bump 'em, but again, any of this is by no means easy and guys can still burn me a bunch if they know the ways.

I was getting a lot of scores by my own cheese of Gobert just running down the middle of the lane past their entire defense and my opponents practically leaving him open for several seconds - I felt I had no choice but to just go for the open bucket even though I hated doing it. Likewise, Hayward and Burks just run the wings for me, all I need to do is turbo up to mid-court with Exum and I can pass either to the left or right and they're running a 3 man fast break each and every time I push the ball. You can push the ball off any miss and you'll have a 90%+ guarantee of hitting a shot inside if you want to play that way (I bring the ball up slowly most of the time, but some times by nature of the game/pace/flow I get sucked into some of those fast breaks and feel cheap doing it).

Last edited by HeavenlyTouch; 10-05-2015 at 04:29 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-05-2015, 04:42 AM   #36
Rookie

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by abuC
Great post, people also bring someone up when you inbound and your bigs are too slow running up the floor to make them pay for trying to 1 man full court press.

There is something wrong with the corner 3 in this game, open wing threes almost always go in, yet the open corner three doesn't even though it's a higher percentage shot.
I completely disagree with the second part of your post.

I just played my friend, I hit 3 3's from the corner with Matt Barnes on 5 attempts. I hit 1 with Jeff Green. In another game with Corey Brewer I hit 4 3's from the corner with him from the same right side corner, 2 3's with Ariza, one with Harden.

I'm loving the corner 3's, it's one of my favorite spots to shoot from. I see a lot of people complaining about shots and I honestly feel its a user error on releases. You have to get used to different releases and timings but it's completely on the user end. I missed my first 3 3's with Millsap, I realized I was holding a tad too long, my next pick and pop I took a quick 3 and released it a second quicker and he nailed a swish.

Get used to the timings & take good shots, don't blame the game on that one. All of my corner 3's came on set up plays of pick and roll and swinging the ball around and not shooting as soon as you get it, give your player a second to get the ball and gather and then shoot (just like real life).

Last edited by HeavenlyTouch; 10-05-2015 at 04:49 AM.
Old 10-05-2015, 09:13 AM   #37
Banned

bo.jangles344's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by LO6IX
I can also hit 3s but it's inconsistent imo.
Uhhh you shot 5/5 with korver...

And klay and korver had the highest percentage in the league last year.

What's everyone talking about? The 0-6 with Danny Green was a little silly but I'm not seeing what KIND of shots dude was taking.

I honestly think that 2-5 "open" 3s is just about perfect because once contested it should almost be 0. And I'm saying closing in within 3 feet that's like 15% with anyone but curry.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »