Home

Detailed list of Gameplay Challenges

This is a discussion on Detailed list of Gameplay Challenges within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-03-2015, 05:39 AM   #1
MVP

OVR: 15
Detailed list of Gameplay Challenges

Hey everyone- I think this game is great, but there are a few significant issues which seem to pop up on a consistent basis, that are hopefully addressed by the developers. Please do not take this as a "nerf the defense" or general complaint thread, because neither of those are my intention. However, after a week of playing, these are the GAMEPLAY issues which appear to be the most glaring.

1. CPU Defense, and corresponding animations are currently overpowered. I understand the importance of running good offense and plays, but I feel helpless as a ball handler as the dribble drives (and even basic dribbling around the court) are extremely ineffective and INCONSISTENT. I literally feel like I am getting sucked directly into a "bumping or riding" animation 9/10 times I move around a defender.
- Can you beat a defender? Of course you can, but it seems so inconsistent and more a matter of luck, then it is a well thought out move and explosion to the basket.
- In addition, and probably directly related, I would like to see more "explosion" and remove the "hesitation/hitch" seen consistently when controlling an offensive player (no matter how great they are, Curry, Westbrook, Lebron, Rose, are all effected). As mentioned, this is probably a byproduct of the game wanting to play more defensive minded, but it should not come at the expense of limiting the integrity of offensive movement).

2. Players being left wide open under the basket. Many times big men (playing defense) allow their man stand between them and the basket for an easy pass and layup.

3. CPU teammates transition defense- This has been a legacy issue for 2K, but it is currently not working well. AI controlled teammates are currently having a very hard time defending in transition.

4. To piggy back on transition defense challenges, the AI seems to have a very difficult time identifying who to pick up and guard in the half court. As a user, when I get back on defense, my "player guarding" indicator seems to move all over and many times we are left with two people guarding the same player, and someone left wide open. (This could be the root cause of issue in bullet point 2 as well)

5. Offensive sets- All of the new freelance and plays are PHENOMENAL, best part of the game IMO, but they seem to setup and develop at a very slow pace, leaving you with very few options over the course of the offensive possesion. (Compounded by the fact it is challenging to move around the floor and perform dribble drives without being sucked into defensive animations).
- I would like to see CZAR speed up these offensive sets, and also make the launch points a bit more forgiving. (Sometimes I will be standing in an area and the play (freelance) will not trigger.

6. Fatigue- It is currently almost non-existant and broken. (Developers have acknowledged this)

This list may seem extensive, but for ALL they added, and how great this game is, there were a few bugs that were bound to happen. If they can clean these gameplay issues up, this will undoutedly be the greatest sports game I have ever played, and I have been an avid sports gamer since the early 90's.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Last edited by ch46647; 10-03-2015 at 05:59 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »