Home

Cpu shot 80% below the rim help

This is a discussion on Cpu shot 80% below the rim help within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-04-2015, 09:32 PM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Cpu shot 80% below the rim help

Man... I'm so frustrated right now... Guess I really should play on rookie (I always played pro on sim)... I was playing GSW x DEN... Was having a nice game until the 4th quarter when the cpu started killing me from inside... No matter who guarded the centers or what strategy I used, my defenders got incredibly slower, incredibly dumb and when I saw the shot chart it was like 10-12 from below the rim on the 4th... And I couldn't make a free layup...

I only saw this kind of stuff on Fifa 14, which everybody argued that was scripted or anything like that... I never had this problem on nba2k... Anyway...
Gonna give this week a rest... Will resume playing on next Sunday on rookie
Old 10-04-2015, 09:51 PM   #10
MVP

KyotoCarl's Arena

OVR: 26

Were you playing as GSW? Scouting them in the game tells you that they are poor defenders in the paint.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

My thoughts on how replays should be handled:
http://www.operationsports.com/Kyoto...plays-replays/
Old 10-04-2015, 10:16 PM   #11
Rookie

OVR: 0

Altering your gameplay sliders will solve this problem!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G530AZ using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-04-2015, 11:20 PM   #12
MVP

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by takezo1584
Hi guys, I've been loving the game no matter how hard this learning curve is long...

Anyways I'm not even playing on the hardest levels but I'm struggling with the cpu... 75% of the shots were from below the rim and he made
80% of them...

I was trying to only control my center and pf and staying below the rim to contest every shot... Doesn't work that well and takes a lot of fun of the game... Do you guys have the same issues? How do you avoid so many shot so near to the rim?

Did you notice that the cpu almost never take a mid range shot?

Thanks in advance!
This is not learning curve, the game is imbalanced right now. The computer does not have realistic shot distribution at all and they get to the paint too easily because defensive reaction speed is just too slow. Another issue is that your AI defenders still do dumb things and still create artificial openings for the offense, as they have in past 2K's. The pace and tempo is also too fast for a 12 minute game and the speed has felt increased recently; It doesn't feel the same as it was out of the box, which was ideal IMO.

Sliders can help, but it does not atone for the fact that the CPU is hard-coded to play this way. Sliders can fix one thing, then detract from another in the process. It needs to be adjusted/patched.

Last edited by eko718; 10-04-2015 at 11:26 PM.
Old 10-05-2015, 12:33 AM   #13
MVP

Grinder12000's Arena

OVR: 3

This is a common problem and is easily fixed with sliders. There is a CPU vs. CPU slider thread that accounts and fixes this. It's a combination of a number of sliders working together actually.

I noticed that most of the game was being played under the rim. It's more even now - Mid range is still sporadic but it's more even now and more team based! 86 FGA per team spread out, maybe a little low FG% but still tweaking with more games. .

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »