Home

CPU On-Ball Defense *Temporary Fix*

This is a discussion on CPU On-Ball Defense *Temporary Fix* within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-03-2015, 04:30 PM   #1
MVP

OVR: 15
CPU On-Ball Defense *Temporary Fix*

Hey guys, I know many of us on here have had challenges with the CPU defense being a bit overpowered, and giving the feeling of helplessness to the USER controlled ball handler. "Stickiness".. "Warping"..."Sliding", whatever you want to call it, there seems to be an issue out of the box.

The developers had mentioned this is something they are working on improving for the next patch, but a fellow forum member seemed to find a temporary fix (below).

I have played with these settings and noticed SIGNIFICANT improvement. Is it perfect, no, but the game has a much more organic feel and you see far less of the bumping and sliding animations that you see out of the box. ALSO, when driving to the hoop, you see a lot more of the riding the hip animations, BUT you can keep running through it organically, rather than having that "stuck in mud" feeling, or getting pushed back. (IT LOOKS GREAT, AND I WOULD HAVE TO ASSUME THIS IS HOW THE DEVELOPERS INITIALLY INTENDED DEFENSE TO WORK)

See below for the adjustments, and a special thank you to DALIFEBLIVES for sharing his adjustments.

FYI- I have only used these adjustments in tandom with Armor and Swords sliders on PRO. I have not tried these on default sliders, or higher level difficulty, but I would assume they would work at different levels and default sliders as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dalifeblives
Guys, regarding the "stickyness" of the CPU defenders. Here are a few things I have tried that have worked. It eliminates the warping and sliding.

Turn On ball D down to 40 for CPU
Turn Driving contact back down to out of the box default 50
Blocking foul slider up to 80

When it comes to driving contact and spacing, real NBA defenders in RL do not bump as much as they do in this game. You will still get bumped every now and then but its good defenders who do it. With the blocking foul slider up I've had them call foul on contact that really would be a foul in NBA. Give it a shot. Turning DEF AWAR up may help if some feel the D needs to compensate from taking driving contact and on ball D down.

Last edited by ch46647; 10-03-2015 at 04:32 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-03-2015, 07:38 PM   #2
Pro

manu1433's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: CPU On-Ball Defense *Temporary Fix*

Quote:
Originally Posted by ch46647
Hey guys, I know many of us on here have had challenges with the CPU defense being a bit overpowered, and giving the feeling of helplessness to the USER controlled ball handler. "Stickiness".. "Warping"..."Sliding", whatever you want to call it, there seems to be an issue out of the box.

The developers had mentioned this is something they are working on improving for the next patch, but a fellow forum member seemed to find a temporary fix (below).

I have played with these settings and noticed SIGNIFICANT improvement. Is it perfect, no, but the game has a much more organic feel and you see far less of the bumping and sliding animations that you see out of the box. ALSO, when driving to the hoop, you see a lot more of the riding the hip animations, BUT you can keep running through it organically, rather than having that "stuck in mud" feeling, or getting pushed back. (IT LOOKS GREAT, AND I WOULD HAVE TO ASSUME THIS IS HOW THE DEVELOPERS INITIALLY INTENDED DEFENSE TO WORK)

See below for the adjustments, and a special thank you to DALIFEBLIVES for sharing his adjustments.

FYI- I have only used these adjustments in tandom with Armor and Swords sliders on PRO. I have not tried these on default sliders, or higher level difficulty, but I would assume they would work at different levels and default sliders as well.
will give this a shot
Old 10-03-2015, 10:19 PM   #3
All Star

Smirkin Dirk's Arena

OVR: 6

A much better solution is to put more effort in practising you stick skills, learning the plays, learning how to use picks.

You can use sliders, buts its a cheap artificial fix. There is some occasional sliding, but not much.

Here is a video of me beating my defender without a dribble move. I threw a couple of jab steps, got him shading one way, opened up a lane.

Old 10-03-2015, 11:24 PM   #4
Live Action, please?

jfsolo's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hot Kidd
A much better solution is to put more effort in practising you stick skills, learning the plays, learning how to use picks.

You can use sliders, buts its a cheap artificial fix. There is some occasional sliding, but not much.

Here is a video of me beating my defender without a dribble move. I threw a couple of jab steps, got him shading one way, opened up a lane.

A better solution, hmmph, a cheap artificial fix, OK. Thanks for that insight.

Do this today: Instead of $%*#!@& on a game you're not going to play or movie you're not going to watch, say something good about a piece of media you're excited about.

Do the same thing tomorrow. And the next. Now do it forever.
Old 10-03-2015, 11:29 PM   #5
GSW
Simnation

GSW's Arena

OVR: 40

I dont know if they can fix the sliding with a patch...but i hope they dont try to artificially fix it by making it eaasier to drive by defenders.

I really Love defense this year
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-03-2015, 11:34 PM   #6
Banned

OVR: 0

Quote:

http://<iframe width="560" height="3...reen></iframe>
Playing Sim against the AI isn't necessarily about great stick-skills or being able to be the best like it is online.

It's about the numbers. And sometimes, with on-ball defense, the numbers aren't represented accurately on the court.

Sent from my XT1528 using Tapatalk
Old 10-03-2015, 11:56 PM   #7
All Star

Smirkin Dirk's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfsolo
A better solution, hmmph, a cheap artificial fix, OK. Thanks for that insight.
It's frustrating reading these type of threads. There isnt thsat much sliding. The bad defenders may be a bit sticky.

Other than that, defense is fantastic.

The game rewards those who run plays, use angles, use picks properly, recognise mismatches. Waggling the right stick doesnt work.

I have a terrible feeling all this complaining will result in defense being nerfed, and those who play by wiggling the right stick will stop complaining.

Im not sure that people realise that the real NBA doesnt have a heap of iso blow bys.
Old 10-04-2015, 12:06 AM   #8
GSW
Simnation

GSW's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
It's frustrating reading these type of threads. There isnt thsat much sliding. The bad defenders may be a bit sticky.

Other than that, defense is fantastic.

The game rewards those who run plays, use angles, use picks properly, recognise mismatches. Waggling the right stick doesnt work.

I have a terrible feeling all this complaining will result in defense being nerfed, and those who play by wiggling the right stick will stop complaining.

Im not sure that people realise that the real NBA doesnt have a heap of iso blow bys.
Me too man. I'm so scared.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »