Home

Still No Replays

This is a discussion on Still No Replays within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-04-2015, 02:49 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Still No Replays

Still another year and still no player of the game highlights if you play 12 min qrt...wonder if Xbox 1 had replays they did last year....

Sent from my SM-G850M using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-04-2015, 02:57 PM   #2
Rookie

Roger_Black's Arena

Still No Replays

The PS4 records gameplay as you play, but runs out of 'memory' in the middle of the 4th quarter, if you play 12 minute quarters.

This has been an issue ever since 2k14, when the new consoles came out.

Play 8-minute quarters if you want to get post game highlights every game.

Also, if you leave the game on/or unattended for long periods of time, you will probably have to exit/restart the whole game after every 4-5 games to see highlights again, because the console will also run out of temporary memory if the CPU is playing any exhibition/demo games against itself, or if it is just left idle.

Not sure why it does this... But it just happens.

I remember reading a post on OS from Da Czar where he explained it about 2 years ago, but I don't think 2k is able to do anything about it because it was a Sony PS4 hardware issue, iirc.

Whenever I play MyCareer, I play 8-minute qtrs & just exit/restart the whole game every 4-5 games so I can see post game highlights.

In 2k16, between all the 'off day' events, team practices, reading Twitter posts, selecting endorsements, checking out league stats and buying gear & whatnot... playing 5 games takes me about 3 hours, which is a good time to take a break to 'stretch my legs' while the game restarts.

Last edited by Roger_Black; 10-04-2015 at 03:29 PM.
Old 10-04-2015, 03:32 PM   #3
MVP

Re: Still No Replays

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roger_Black
The PS4 records gameplay as you play, but runs out of 'memory' to save all the game highlights in the middle of the 4th quarter, if you play 12 minute quarters.

This has been an issue ever since 2k14, when the new consoles came out.

Play 8-minute quarters if you want to get post game highlights every game.

Also, if you leave the game on/or unattended for long periods of time, you will probably have to exit/restart the whole game after every 4-5 games to see highlights again, because the console will also run out of temporary memory if the CPU is playing any exhibition/demo games against itself, or if it is just left idle.

Not sure why it does this... But it just happens.

I remember reading a post on OS from Da Czar where he explained it about 2 years ago, but I don't think 2k is able to do anything about it because it was a Sony PS4 hardware issue, iirc.

Whenever I play MyCareer, I play 8-minute qtrs & just exit/restart the whole game every 4-5 games so I can see post game highlights.

In 2k16, between all the 'off day' events, team practices, reading Twitter posts, selecting endorsements, checking out league stats and buying gear & whatnot... playing 5 games takes me about 3 hours, which is a good time to take a break to 'stretch my legs' while the game restarts.
The PS4 has a dedicated chip that streams and records and it cost the Devs. Nothing. I don't know why people keep saying this, because it's not true. PS4 has nothing special to its architecture in fact it uses a bigger memory bus than the XB1 and they share similar architecture. 2K just doesn't see it as a priority to fix, it's just that simple. NBA LIVE doesn't have this so called memory problem, in fact the only sports game that has this so-called memory problem in 2K.
Old 10-04-2015, 03:45 PM   #4
Rookie

Roger_Black's Arena

Still No Replays

Quote:
Originally Posted by Impetuous65
The PS4 has a dedicated chip that streams and records and it cost the Devs. Nothing. I don't know why people keep saying this, because it's not true. PS4 has nothing special to its architecture in fact it uses a bigger memory bus than the XB1 and they share similar architecture. 2K just doesn't see it as a priority to fix, it's just that simple. NBA LIVE doesn't have this so called memory problem, in fact the only sports game that has this so-called memory problem in 2K.

I was just quoting/paraphrasing what I read right here on OS from the 2k Devs.

I won't argue whether it's true or not.... Because frankly, I do not know.

You may be correct.... but I'm just the 'messenger'. Just saying.

Perhaps a Dev will chime in to give their perspective. (Btw, I don't like to spread misinformation, so 'thank you' for the info)

Last edited by Roger_Black; 10-04-2015 at 03:48 PM.
Old 10-04-2015, 04:17 PM   #5
Pro

ScouserHUN's Arena

OVR: 4
Re: Still No Replays

Bull&hit... The PS4 recording system has nothing to do with the replays. The game does not record video files, instead it logs the movement of all characters. This is the only solution to get replays from different angles and with different effects.

2k is just lazy and disrespectful for not acknowledging this problem for years...

Tapatalk-kal küldve az én SM-N910C-el
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »