Home

This is the secret to Lockdown On-Ball Defense this year. Put them in a cage.

This is a discussion on This is the secret to Lockdown On-Ball Defense this year. Put them in a cage. within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-06-2015, 12:48 AM   #9
Lockdown Defender

Rockie_Fresh88's Arena

OVR: 17
Re: This is the secret to Lockdown On-Ball Defense this year. Put them in a cage.

I have to try this out. I thought having it higher would lead to more bumping and sliding
#1 Laker fan
First Team Defense !!!
Old 10-06-2015, 12:55 AM   #10
Pro

OVR: 3
Re: This is the secret to Lockdown On-Ball Defense this year. Put them in a cage.

This explains alot. Thanks, I'll have to try this out next time I play online.

I traditionally would hold L2 all the time and play deny defense. But this results in you getting blown past easily by speedy dribblers.

But like you just said, by upping the defense assistance then just feathering the left stick, you can play pretty decent defense that way. I just need to get used to it.
Old 10-06-2015, 12:59 AM   #11
ERA

The 24th Letter's Arena

OVR: 38

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockie_Fresh88
I have to try this out. I thought having it higher would lead to more bumping and sliding

If you guess wrong you're done...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-06-2015, 01:45 AM   #12
Live Action, please?

jfsolo's Arena

OVR: 20

It defaults to zero now and I just left it there, and I've got much better at getting some stops, but when the CPU is on the baseline it seems like my defenders become intangible so I will definitely have to use this.

Do this today: Instead of $%*#!@& on a game you're not going to play or movie you're not going to watch, say something good about a piece of media you're excited about.

Do the same thing tomorrow. And the next. Now do it forever.
Old 10-06-2015, 02:14 AM   #13
MVP

EarvGotti's Arena

OVR: 5

Yeah you still have to use some stick skills to put yourself in good positions. This doesn't mean the CPU completely takes over on-ball defense for you....no.

But i noticed that they assist with making contact with the ball-handler and give me more bump animations. Like I never would've bumped Westbrook out of bounds like that when i had it set to 0 before.

From my testing it seems that with less defensive assist it makes your defender feel lighter. With higher defensive assist, he feels more weighted. Sometimes my defender felt too light and I would move him out of position easily which was hurting me.

This year it also good to give some space when defending the ball-handler. I had to get out of the bad habit of sticking right on them because in 2K15 that was the only way to stop jumpshots. In 2K16, you really shouldnt do that because jumpshots are tougher so i try to encourage them to shoot the J on every possession.

If you play too tight, your gonna get blown by or worked over with the Pick n Roll.
SF) Sapphire Scottie Pippen
PF) '95-'96 Dennis Rodman
C) Hakeem Olajuwon
Old 10-06-2015, 02:36 AM   #14
MVP

EarvGotti's Arena

OVR: 5

Yup. So i did some further testing and can confirm that higher defensive assist did give me more bumping and ride animations against the ballhandler. If you keep yourself in good position, the CPU assists from there.

They do not assist if you are not in good position though. You can still get blown by if you're out of position.

SF) Sapphire Scottie Pippen
PF) '95-'96 Dennis Rodman
C) Hakeem Olajuwon
Old 10-06-2015, 02:39 AM   #15
MVP

Hustle Westbrook's Arena

OVR: 0

Watching that clip put a smile on my face.

Nothing like seeing an isolation cheeser get locked up.

Will try this tomorrow.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-06-2015, 03:06 AM   #16
Rookie

OVR: 0

so are you using a lot of L2 with this or no?

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »