Home

This is the secret to Lockdown On-Ball Defense this year. Put them in a cage.

This is a discussion on This is the secret to Lockdown On-Ball Defense this year. Put them in a cage. within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-06-2015, 03:27 AM   #17
MVP

hanzsomehanz's Arena

OVR: 4
Re: This is the secret to Lockdown On-Ball Defense this year. Put them in a cage.

I enjoyed having it up in 15 but love having it off in 16 - go figure lol

FWIW, I strictly play My Career, and the new defensive mechanics of 16 have fit hand in glove for me 😃

Sent from my SM-T330NU using Tapatalk
Old 10-06-2015, 03:29 AM   #18
MVP

swac07's Arena

Re: This is the secret to Lockdown On-Ball Defense this year. Put them in a cage.

Going to test now.....
Old 10-06-2015, 03:34 AM   #19
MVP

hanzsomehanz's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by EarvGotti

But i noticed that they assist with making contact with the ball-handler and give me more bump animations. Like I never would've bumped Westbrook out of bounds like that when i had it set to 0 before.

From my testing it seems that with less defensive assist it makes your defender feel lighter. With higher defensive assist, he feels more weighted. Sometimes my defender felt too light and I would move him out of position easily which was hurting me.
Great point of emphasis here.

Some may find a sweet spot somewhere beyond 0 but less than 50 or 100 - it's all about how much give and take you require.

As my my career player in 15 improved : I started to lessen to effect of defensive assist strength. In 16 I do feel very light at times but I enjoy it because the recovery system is also improved. I like the "feel" in this year's user defense - it's very much like how I would play in reality.

I imagine it will be a different experience for all of you depending on your difficulty sliders.

Sent from my SM-T330NU using Tapatalk
Old 10-06-2015, 05:43 AM   #20
Pro

ChiliPalmer's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by EarvGotti
Yup. So i did some further testing and can confirm that higher defensive assist did give me more bumping and ride animations against the ballhandler. If you keep yourself in good position, the CPU assists from there.

They do not assist if you are not in good position though. You can still get blown by if you're out of position.

Nice. Do you hold L2 or feather or nothing?
Reward DUNCAN
Diamond PORZINGOD

Bench: THE BIG O-GOONRICH-FlyersIGGY-GRANDMA-Ammy GERMINATOR
Old 10-06-2015, 05:52 AM   #21
Rookie

OVR: 0

I just tested it online it works and definitely tones down the fast break cheese a bit, won with the Bobcats against clippers and won against the Grizzlies using the Timberwolves and was down 3 points against cavs using the pacers and the damn game dropped. Much props
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-06-2015, 07:25 AM   #22
ERA

The 24th Letter's Arena

OVR: 38

Keep in mind that if you have this at 100 and hold LT all the way down when some one is coming directly at you on a drive, you will likely get a flagrant, lol
Old 10-06-2015, 08:04 AM   #23
New Ork Giants

Goffs's Arena

OVR: 30

Does having it at 100 feel like the cpu is in control? That's how it was in past games....
Old 10-06-2015, 08:27 AM   #24
Hall Of Fame

Brandwin's Arena

OVR: 50

So is this more for vs humans? Seems like some sliders have this and 100 on box out assist. Just curious on best settings for my player.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »