Home

Big Men how do you feel about post ball handling online ?

This is a discussion on Big Men how do you feel about post ball handling online ? within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-08-2015, 04:42 PM   #25
Lockdown Defender

Rockie_Fresh88's Arena

OVR: 17
Re: Big Men how do you feel about post ball handling online ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ITaughtJames
How is it irrelevant when he specifically asked about online?

GT: I Taught James
I did say online you're right. I was actually referring to Moreso pro am .

I was just wondering how you guys counter this. I don't post up much now if I do I shoot instantly lol make or miss. I try to kick out but usually I'm already in the" I dropped the ball "animation
#1 Laker fan
First Team Defense !!!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-09-2015, 05:28 AM   #26
Pro

sactown_13's Arena

OVR: 10

As a guy who always creates a big this is frustrating. Havent been able to play any Pro-Am as of now and was hoping it was just a MyPark issue. Has a dev. or anyone from the 2k team acknowledged this issue yet? I really dont want to spend valuable VC on Playmaking for my defensive center.
Old 10-09-2015, 08:04 AM   #27
Pro

Detroitfan4life1993's Arena

OVR: 1

I play center and this is the most frustrating part of the game. I have maxed out inside scoring but never post up because whenever I do post up Its almost a guaranteed turnover. I also hate grabbing rebounds only to have 3 people tapping the steal button on me every time before the 2k camera even turns around.
Old 10-09-2015, 11:27 AM   #28
Rookie

OVR: 0

So i have maxed out a power forward. I do a lot of posting up online games in pro am and team up. the trick for me is to have a pg that knows how to clear out the floor for you. Call the post up play. Move the other players out of the way before the entry pass. Doubles will still come. What i do to counter that if i see a double coming when the dump down in the post i do not dribble and i release the left trigger to come out of the post animation and pass out to the perimeter where the double comes from. Wide open three.... Make them pay for doubling and reaching. I feel like posting up is as good as its ever been in 2k16. People just don't know how to do it.
Old 10-09-2015, 11:53 AM   #29
Fear is the Unknown

jeebs9's Arena

OVR: 34

I made a video of this guy stealing the big away from my bigs 3 times in a row. I did start passing it as soon as they started to come. But I guess I get a little pissed watching someone just press the steal button once and take the ball away from my big who isn't dribbling. But I'll post it tomorrow.
Old 10-09-2015, 11:57 AM   #30
NBA 2K Gameplay Producer

Choops4Life's Arena

OVR: 3

This is an issue we're addressing as we speak. One thing you can do for the time being, flick RS towards the defender if you're holding the ball. You'll do one of two moves. You'll either lean back (which brings the ball up a bit) or you'll do the "hold ball high" animation which was put in to help you avoid getting the ball stolen. It is way too loose at the moment either way and we're taking care of it here.
Old 10-09-2015, 12:41 PM   #31
Lockdown Defender

Rockie_Fresh88's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blaine_Man
So i have maxed out a power forward. I do a lot of posting up online games in pro am and team up. the trick for me is to have a pg that knows how to clear out the floor for you. Call the post up play. Move the other players out of the way before the entry pass. Doubles will still come. What i do to counter that if i see a double coming when the dump down in the post i do not dribble and i release the left trigger to come out of the post animation and pass out to the perimeter where the double comes from. Wide open three.... Make them pay for doubling and reaching. I feel like posting up is as good as its ever been in 2k16. People just don't know how to do it.
I haven't tried going in and out of the post thanks for that tip !

Quote:
Originally Posted by Choops4Life
This is an issue we're addressing as we speak. One thing you can do for the time being, flick RS towards the defender if you're holding the ball. You'll do one of two moves. You'll either lean back (which brings the ball up a bit) or you'll do the "hold ball high" animation which was put in to help you avoid getting the ball stolen. It is way too loose at the moment either way and we're taking care of it here.
It's good you guys are addressing this but I'll use that tip until then
#1 Laker fan
First Team Defense !!!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-09-2015, 02:47 PM   #32
Rookie

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Choops4Life

But what if you're dribbling in the post, that wouldnt help, players should be penalized with foul calls for spamming the steal button in the post, it's frustrating and discourages a truly sim experience, glad you guys are looking into it.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »