Home

Has anyone found any type of fix for the AI's horrible help defense?

This is a discussion on Has anyone found any type of fix for the AI's horrible help defense? within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-07-2015, 06:03 PM   #17
Hall Of Fame

vtcrb's Arena

OVR: 40
Re: Has anyone found any type of fix for the AI's horrible help defense?

Quote:
Originally Posted by RyanFitzmagic
Really? I have to make roster edits to make Andrew Bogut (and everyone else) a competent help defender? Come on.

But if it'll work, I will try it. Not gonna decline a potential fix just because it might be asking too much.

Probably gonna jack everybody up to 99 in every off-ball defense rating, turn Help Defense Strength, Defensive Consistency, and Defensive Awareness all to 100, and put Golden State's defensive POE as "Protect the paint."

If that doesn't work, I give up.
You seem shocked, edits fix things EVERY YEAR. Nothing is different this year. You have so many things that factor in on Defense. all of the Athleticism Ratings, Defensive Ratings, Reaction Time, Badges, ETC.

Twitter: @VTCRBTEC

Youtube Channel:https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKL...1uva35l4zFEofg

Roster Editing for Over a Decade
Old 10-07-2015, 06:06 PM   #18
MVP

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by vtcrb
You seem shocked, edits fix things EVERY YEAR. Nothing is different this year. You have so many things that factor in on Defense. all of the Athleticism Ratings, Defensive Ratings, Reaction Time, Badges, ETC.
I am surprised. Help defense is usually not something 2K has major problems with. Like... this is the absolute sorriest off-ball defense I've ever seen in any video game. It's that bad.
Old 10-07-2015, 06:11 PM   #19
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by BA2929
You guys must be playing a different game than I am, because I'm on Superstar Sim and rarely see any of these issues.

I always have closely contested, solid games.

However, I do play my MyLeague games with a ton of classic players included so that might make a difference.
http://www.operationsports.com/forum...them-cage.html

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...s-problem.html

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...k-matches.html

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...s-patched.html

Several threads, including this one, on how transition defense and brain dead AI defenders plays out. I've entered practice, scrimmage, freelance, and messed with sliders and defensive settings vs the CPU. I've kept the stock rosters from the game.

If it was just one thread, I'd say the different game theory was spot on.....

This is an exceptional game and I will keep fighting through it

Last edited by roadman; 10-07-2015 at 06:13 PM.
Old 10-07-2015, 06:16 PM   #20
Pro

OVR: 4

I agree 1000% with this thread.
Pick n Roll is too easy and the CPU AI is terrible on defense.
So I made many test and I think this slides can help you to enjoy the game, now CPU defense should be ok:

I continued to test as much as i can (2 sons, a dog and a hard work keep me so much time...!!!), now I can have an aceptable gameplay and PnR defense (by cpu) using these sliders:

Sliders (Human/CPU)
Offense
Inside Shot Success: 36/42
Close Shot Success: 36/42
Mid-Range Success: 46/46
3PT Success: 46/50
Layup Success:42/50
Dunk In Traffic Frequency:42/50
Dunk In Traffic Success: 42/50
Pass Accuracy: 48/50
Alley-Oop Success: 50/50
Contact Shot Success: 42/45

Defense
Driving Contact Shot Frequency: 85/85
Inside Contact Shot Frequency: 100/100
Layup Defense Strength (Takeoff): 55/65
Layup Defense Strength (Release): 55/65
Jump Shot Defense Strength (Takeoff): 60/60
Jump Shot Defense Strenght (Release): 60/60
Help Defense Strength: 55/100
Steal Success: 50/60

Attributes
Acceleration: 50/50
Vertical: 50/50
Strength: 50/50
Stamina: 50/50
Speed: 50/50
Durability: 50/50
Hustle: 50/50
Ball Handling: 50/50
Hands: 50/50
Dunking Ability: 45/50
On-Ball Defense: 50/65
Stealing: 50/50
Blocking: 50/50
Offensive Awareness: 50/54
Defensive Awareness: 50/65
Offensive Rebounding: 50/45
Defensive Rebounding: 50/50
Offensive Consistency: 50/54
Defensive Consistency: 50/65
Fatigue Rate: 70/70
Lateral Quickness: 50/50

Tendencies
Take Inside Shots: 50/50
Take Close Shots: 46/46
Take Mid-Range Shots: 48/48
Take 3PT Shots: 80/80
Post Shots: 55/55
Attack The Basket: 55/55
Look for Post Players: 55/55
Throw Alley-Oops: 45/45
Attempt Dunks: 50/50
Attempt Putbacks: 50/50
Play Passing Lanes: 50/65
Go for On-Ball Steals: 45/55
Contest Shots: 60/60
Backdoor Cuts: 50/50

Please let me know what you think about these slides to avoid EASY pick n roll
Old 10-07-2015, 06:24 PM   #21
The Designated Hitter

BA2929's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...s-problem.html

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...k-matches.html

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...s-patched.html

Several threads, including this one, on how transition defense and brain dead AI defenders plays out. I've entered practice, scrimmage, freelance, and messed with sliders and defensive settings vs the CPU. I've kept the stock rosters from the game.

I never said what you guys are experiencing is wrong, or that you're all just full of it. I'm just saying that I'm not experiencing it. Maybe it's because I don't play online? Seems like all those threads you linked to are referring to online issues. Maybe it's because I rarely run in transition due to being obsessed with rebounding stats and always set it to 'Limit Transition' on offense?

Anyway, I'm probably just playing the game differently than all of you and that's why I'm not seeing these issues as obviously as every one else.

Hope it's all ironed out for everyone. Don't like seeing such a great game ruined for so many people due to what seems to be a very fixable issue.

Edit: Actually now that I read a little bit of the "Am I The One" thread (usually never click on threads titled like that), I AM seeing some issues where the CPU guys will guard the wrong guy. But it's not to the point where it's annoying me. Just an inconvenience to me really as I play with a ton of tall athletic guys that can mostly guard anyone.

Last edited by BA2929; 10-07-2015 at 06:36 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-07-2015, 07:02 PM   #22
ERA

The 24th Letter's Arena

OVR: 38

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman

Coincidentally, one of the threads you linked was about providing tips on how to play defense despite these issues., lol

It's clearly something that can be tightened up though...I think the videos prove that. There's have been a lot of good posts today though...video, online records at all where guys have talked about how they managed despite the issues. I'm not surprised it's not bothering some as much as others...

Could be my personal play style, but it's not to a point where it's ruining my experience....if I replay after every possession I'm just I'd find some crazy ****....but as far as actual results- me against online guys or the CPU...it's not having a game ruining effect on me...that's my main focus...

I'll tell you what, I'm not as good as some of these guys getting Chamberlin numbers against the SS/Sim CPU though...I'm still waiting to see that first hand...I need some tips, lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 10-07-2015, 09:44 PM   #23
Banned

BegBy's Arena

OVR: 3

One of the easiest fixes is upping the take off/gather for both layup and jump shot sliders. I put them at 75. It makes guys come help. Sometimes they don't, or don't do a good job, but it's far more of a solution than any other slider edit.

Roster edits will help too, but for now this is actually a pretty good fix.

As far as roster edits go - I suggest everyone to just very quickly select a team to play against and edit every player on said team. Simply get rid of their dribble spin and half spin tendencies. For good guards with handles just put them both at 1. Watch the cheese come to a grinding halt. I have done many other edits, but the removal of the spin fest and the slider edits I mentioned earlier will make the game play almost entirely differently.

There's a solid chance for a good simulation brand of basketball to be played this year. It's pretty cool.
Old 10-07-2015, 11:01 PM   #24
MVP

sirjam's Arena

OVR: 15

Guys please tweet Scott o'galloger about this. I tweeted 2bg about this and my response was OG says this is not true. I scored 80 with MJ on ss jus by gettin in pinch post or wherever. Hittin lt and backing down then hittin his fadeaway. Never got doubled and help never came. I also played a season and won the ship and avg 40 some with MJ 8 min qtrs. never got doubled or ran a guy at me. Huge issue IMO and needs to be addressed

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »