Home

Blocks are ridiculous!

This is a discussion on Blocks are ridiculous! within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 10-08-2015, 09:34 AM   #73
Pro

OVR: 2
Re: Blocks are ridiculous!

I think the ratings should dictate this more than anything. It seems that vertical, speed and block ratings should be re-marginalized across the board. Maybe tone down the ratings severely for people who are not equipped to block shots and leave the ratings as is for people that are known for it. That way it can be tied to ratings instead of the 2k devs going in and possibly over correcting something in a knee jerk reaction patch.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 10-08-2015, 09:37 AM   #74
All Star

Smirkin Dirk's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by zizoux
I played against Wizards as Thunder and Gortat blocked Westbrook on back to back possessions. He had 4-5 blocks in that game. (All-star 12min Qs)
Yeah I just had Valuncuinas stuff 5 of my shots back down my throat.

I even went in with the floater and he sent that soft **** out of there
Old 10-08-2015, 09:40 AM   #75
Banned

OVR: 0

Ok, im a online player and one of my biggest issues with the blocks is this; I'm beating guys or breaking down the defense for open lanes. As a result, the other online user is just switching to the nearest defender to recover and try to stop the easy layup or dunk. Often times they are just so happening switching onto a guard or non-shot blocker, and jumping wildly and getting blocks. IMO, the game is rewarding beaten defenses in a unrealistic manner. I feel like if I have beaten or broken down the defense, and the user is just switching to the nearest defender and pressing the block button then that's not sim or realistic. People is switching to guards and just hitting the block button and getting away with it. When In reality, they probably should be penalize more for and 1s for bad defense.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-08-2015, 09:44 AM   #76
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hot Kidd
Yeah I just had Valuncuinas stuff 5 of my shots back down my throat.

I even went in with the floater and he sent that soft **** out of there
That's because every team with a big that's 6"10 or so is Dikembe Mutombo
Old 10-08-2015, 09:55 AM   #77
All Star

ksuttonjr76's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadManCometh
So every NBA player, regardless of size, strength, athleticism can block shots and throw dunks in the stands if they wanted to?
Nate Robinson blocked Yao Ming. Kyle Krover blocked Roy Hibbert to a new zip code. NBA players can make blocks if the player serves them the ball. Period.

Hell, I blocked Brad Miller in a pickup game at Purdue before he was drafted to the NBA. I'm 6'2", and he was 6'10". I blocked plenty of bigger and stronger players over years. It's all about the timing. If you don't want to blocked, then BE AWARE of where the defensive player is at. Stop going up blindly and without thought.

I swear people don't want this game have to have any defense.
Old 10-08-2015, 09:55 AM   #78
ERA

The 24th Letter's Arena

OVR: 38

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biaxident
The only real frustration for me is the logic on many layups and dunks. Not really a problem with the blocks themselves.

If I hit a cutter with a small window to finish or am attacking the rim with a skilled finisher, he should have some urgency or situational awareness. 2K still needs to work on triggering quick and crafty animations. Changing a shot/finish in air will work some of the time but could be strengthened IMO.

For example, a lot of times I'll get a blow-by with Kyrie Irving in online H2H, but I'm getting blocked 100% of the time by a help defender even though I'm aware of him coming probably before my opponent. A huge part of a guy like Irving's game are his crafty layups and ability to finish around bigs. And yes, I'm aware of the floater -- floater animations and success rates are WORSE than 2K15 -- it was a poor choice to make that hideous slow runner-shot animation the default floater in 2K16 rather than a Parkersque teardrop.

IF you can react quick enough.....Aiming away from the defender with the shot stick or the L stick + shot button helps some..

You won't get blocked but it feels like you miss too many of these as well...especially with the elite defenders like Kyrie...you'll get some fouls though...

I haven't tried this post patch though so maybe it has improved with the boost...

Contextual finishes could def use work though..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 10-08-2015, 09:57 AM   #79
Fear is the Unknown

jeebs9's Arena

OVR: 34

Please don't listen to this thread.... Blocks are the best they have ever been.
Old 10-08-2015, 09:59 AM   #80
Always Sonny Somewhere

SonnyFranchise's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hot Kidd
How do you guys find CPU blocks?
Great, play with bulls currently with my SF, Noah has my back whenever someone blows by me, he's averaging around 1.5 BPG.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »