Home

Blocks are ridiculous!

This is a discussion on Blocks are ridiculous! within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 10-08-2015, 08:04 AM   #49
Banned

OVR: 0
Re: Blocks are ridiculous!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caelumfang
If I, or any other guard or big, get into position to block your shot/layup/dunk and time it correctly, you're damn right I better get the block, regardless of my rating. Screw that crap where some of you think the ball should pass through a player's hand because 'omg their rating isn't high enough!'
So u think if u got Mike Dunleavy and I have someone like rudy gay coming down the lane that u should be able to toss my dunk attempt in the stands?
Old 10-08-2015, 08:10 AM   #50
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadManCometh
So u think if u got Mike Dunleavy and I have someone like rudy gay coming down the lane that u should be able to toss my dunk attempt in the stands?
If it was a dumb attempt, and I timed my jump correctly, you're damn right. Bet you won't be silly enough to try it again, and maybe you'd learn to take a smarter shot attempt.
Old 10-08-2015, 08:21 AM   #51
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by The 24th Letter
The way the game is currently constructed, blocks as the are....are necessary. IF they can tweak the system to align with ability I am all for it. They were a lot more unrealistic last year though...where guys ability to track the ball were neutered....I don't what that **** back at all, and no one should.

It's not about 'realistic numbers' because its a video game and there are variables. It's more about realistic outcomes...and yes I understand that SOME of the blocks fall into that unrealistic category....but I can see now its getting to the exaggeration stage.

"Jeremy Lin got 10 blocks on me in one game"

We're better off posting quick clips of some blocks we deem "unrealistic" so it can be tweaked properly...for goodness sake devs, please don't neuter blocking again without a good hard look at the system. I swear the goal of some is to systematically patch defense out of the game this year.
Good point. I want the great blocks in the game to, but just reserved for the guys that is known for plays like that. On the vid posted, Justin Anderson looked like Scottie Pippen blocking that dunk, but his block rating is 42.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-08-2015, 08:24 AM   #52
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caelumfang
If it was a dumb attempt, and I timed my jump correctly, you're damn right. Bet you won't be silly enough to try it again, and maybe you'd learn to take a smarter shot attempt.
So Mike Dunleavy can block Rudy Gays Dunk in ur world. I guess u also feel Noah can hit 3s if he's open and square his shoulders right to.
Old 10-08-2015, 08:25 AM   #53
Rookie

I can honestly say every time I got blocked the defender was in good position or I attempted a flashy dunk or a shot with the hand towards the defender.... Lately I've be more cognizant of the defense and using square to finish shots and going up for dunks with two hands or away from the defender (you can select which hand!!!) I rarely get blocked now and applaud the fact that the developers brought defense back!!!!! I play in a league with a bunch of skill-less paint abusers and nothing is more satisfying than repelling their attempts to spam the baseline and constant reckless isolations. Please 2K don't touch this game.... If anything instruct players on ways to avoid the blocks but in no way neuter this amazing game!!!!
Old 10-08-2015, 08:28 AM   #54
ND

NDAlum's Arena

OVR: 29

This forum is absolutely infuriating. People make all these knee jerk reactions probably over a hand full of plays.

I'm not in the NBA but if somebody comes at me with a weak layup attempt even I can toss it in the stands. So I'm going to assume every single NBA player is capable of doing such.

There is an extreme lack of CONTEXT in this thread, which is all too common in these forums.

"Hey this dunk was blocked so it needs to be tuned"

That's the typical thread we see. This shallow observation/reporting/complaining needs to stop.

Provide the CONTEXT of your complaint which can transition into a mature, constructive conversation.

/rant

Atlanta Braves Fantasy Draft Franchise | Google Docs History
NL East Champs 5x | WS Champion 1x (2020)
Old 10-08-2015, 08:31 AM   #55
ERA

The 24th Letter's Arena

OVR: 38

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadManCometh

Mike Dunleavy just happened to have a 5 block game last year...haha

I don't know MDs block rating but don't mind MD or players like him getting blocks like this despite it

http://youtu.be/CtjlQlp1oeUx

These NBA players know how to track a ball when it's being shown to them and swatting it even if they aren't a dominant shot blocker...

He obviously shouldn't be stonewalling guys head go head though...but I can't say I see a lot of that in the game

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-08-2015, 08:34 AM   #56
MVP

OVR: 3

I can literally get 3-5 blocks per game with a guard. Most often on chase downs.

video game world or not, that isnt necessary.

2k changing that isnt removing defense, its removing an unrealistic aspect.

I want defense just as much as the next person, if not more. Id like better rotations, high hands in passing lanes, loading up on ISOs and more. But i want realism. People here are happy with it being OP for weaker blockers as a band-aid.

Last edited by 2_headedmonster; 10-08-2015 at 08:40 AM.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »