Home

Is there a lid on the basket

This is a discussion on Is there a lid on the basket within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-07-2015, 08:05 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Is there a lid on the basket

Memo to 2K Sports. NBA players are the best in the world, they know how to make baskets especially from right under the basket. I play on pro, and I use real player %, Ive used several different slider combos from this site as well as some of my own. Its nothing but brick city. I guess I'm going to have to raise the close and inside shot success to 80. Al Jefferson who has an A+ rating inside missed 3 shots from inside a foot and wide open. That is utterly ridiculous. Way too many missed shots. Ive tried and tried to like this game but its just way too buggy. I really don't know what to do, I'm about ready to sell it and get Metal Gear or something. I don't want to give up but Ive already tried to sell it to a friend but he hated the game and wouldn't buy it.. What are you guys doing to combat the awful coding of this game? I don't need to make every shot but I shouldn't be missing 1 to 3 footers with A+ inside players. Do I need to switch to user timing or something? Please help..
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-07-2015, 08:07 PM   #2
Pro

OVR: 4
Re: Is there a lid on the basket

Quote:
Originally Posted by drstriker15
Memo to 2K Sports. NBA players are the best in the world, they know how to make baskets especially from right under the basket. I play on pro, and I use real player %, Ive used several different slider combos from this site as well as some of my own. Its nothing but brick city. I guess I'm going to have to raise the close and inside shot success to 80. Al Jefferson who has an A+ rating inside missed 3 shots from inside a foot and wide open. That is utterly ridiculous. Way too many missed shots. Ive tried and tried to like this game but its just way too buggy. I really don't know what to do, I'm about ready to sell it and get Metal Gear or something. I don't want to give up but Ive already tried to sell it to a friend but he hated the game and wouldn't buy it.. What are you guys doing to combat the awful coding of this game? I don't need to make every shot but I shouldn't be missing 1 to 3 footers with A+ inside players. Do I need to switch to user timing or something? Please help..
Go into practice mode. There's freestyle, practice plays and there's scrimmage. I would start there.
Old 10-07-2015, 10:47 PM   #3
MVP

EarvGotti's Arena

OVR: 5

Things you need to do:

1) Use paragraphs

2) Try to get cleaner looks. Just because your close to the rim doesn't mean the shot should be automatic.
SF) Sapphire Scottie Pippen
PF) '95-'96 Dennis Rodman
C) Hakeem Olajuwon
Old 10-07-2015, 10:49 PM   #4
Pro

Bull_Market's Arena

OVR: 8

NBA players never blow bunnies, ever, it NEVER happens. Oh, wait..........
Old 10-08-2015, 12:18 AM   #5
Rookie

Roger_Black's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bull_Market
NBA players never blow bunnies, ever, it NEVER happens. Oh, wait..........
Quote:
Originally Posted by EarvGotti
Things you need to do:

1) Use paragraphs

2) Try to get cleaner looks. Just because your close to the rim doesn't mean the shot should be automatic.
Wide open... Right under the basket.... with Al Jefferson (who has an A+ rating for 'close shots') SHOULD BE automatic. (or pretty darn close to automatic)

The 'Looks' don't get ANY 'cleaner' than just 1 or 2 steps away from the basket, or directly underneath it.
Especially if the player is taller than 6 foot 5 inches.

True, NBA ballers DO occasionally blow bunnies... but not nearly at the same rate as they do in 2k16.
Not even close.

Last edited by Roger_Black; 10-08-2015 at 12:37 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-08-2015, 12:24 AM   #6
Rookie

Do you shoot jumpshots under the rim
Old 10-08-2015, 12:30 AM   #7
Rookie

Roger_Black's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by strifed169
Do you shoot jumpshots under the rim
Depends on the 'animation' that 2k's coding will trigger once you decide to shoot the ball.

If your player ever took a shot in this game that you never INTENDED 100% to take... then there's your answer.

Some jumpshots are intentional. Some are not. Stuff happens. It's part of the game.

Last edited by Roger_Black; 10-08-2015 at 12:46 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »