Home

Please help! 2k has charged me $50 dollars irl!

This is a discussion on Please help! 2k has charged me $50 dollars irl! within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-08-2015, 05:59 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Please help! 2k has charged me $50 dollars irl!

I turn on the game and noticed I have 322,242 vc in my account

Before I had a little of 30k

I checked my banks statements and noticed I was charged multiple times from Xbox on October 3rd.

I remembered I did try to buy $10 worth of vc but it kept telling me "transaction cancelled" and obviously I didn't get the vc so I thought nothing of it.

I did it multiple times even one $20 just to see if it worked, and I still got the "transaction cancelled".

Can somebody lead me where I would need to go to see if I could get this resolved?

Actually it was $80

Last edited by barond57; 10-08-2015 at 06:05 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-08-2015, 06:13 PM   #2
Rookie

Re: Please help! 2k has charged me $50 dollars irl!

The phone number is no longer valid. WTF.
Old 10-08-2015, 06:16 PM   #3
All Star

OVR: 49

call your bank or credit card company and dispute it the charge and enjoy the free vc.
Old 10-08-2015, 06:52 PM   #4
Rookie

I'll try to do that, but gonna have to wait til tomorrow since the bank is closed. In the mean time I tweeted at 2ksupport and signed up to submit a request, but after I select the game nothing happens.
Old 10-09-2015, 02:24 PM   #5
Rookie

Talked to my bank and they told me to keep trying to contact them over the weekend to resolve the problem and if they don't get any response then they can try to dispute it. So far 2k support hasn't responded back to me via Twitter. Man this is getting infuriating
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-09-2015, 02:43 PM   #6
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by barond57
Talked to my bank and they told me to keep trying to contact them over the weekend to resolve the problem and if they don't get any response then they can try to dispute it. So far 2k support hasn't responded back to me via Twitter. Man this is getting infuriating
I was where you were at the weekend the game first came out. It wasn't resolved till the Thursday after. Keep Tweeting 2K support, I had to do that a few times before I got a response. If you have a ticket number from the website, just keep Tweeting that at them and eventually they'll see yours.

I've never actually tried to resolve an issue where I was charged like that without meaning to do it (mostly me being charged but not getting the VC) but typically I needed a screenshot of the transation history with my e mail included in there, so keep that in mind to help speed up the process. That's a note to not just you but everyone who decides to buy VC, never continually try and buy it even if it says failed (or at least check your account history afterwards to see if they took it out). I had transaction canceled as well but noticed that the money was taken out so it was handy to check for the confirmation e mail of purchase.
Old 10-09-2015, 02:59 PM   #7
MVP

HozAndMoose's Arena

OVR: 7

Also be careful if you do have to dispute it. Not sure how it works with Xbox but Sony will ban accounts sometimes when something like that happens. So you lose all your digital stuff.
Old 10-09-2015, 03:24 PM   #8
Pro

Dj_MyTime's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by barond57
I turn on the game and noticed I have 322,242 vc in my account

Before I had a little of 30k

I checked my banks statements and noticed I was charged multiple times from Xbox on October 3rd.

I remembered I did try to buy $10 worth of vc but it kept telling me "transaction cancelled" and obviously I didn't get the vc so I thought nothing of it.

I did it multiple times even one $20 just to see if it worked, and I still got the "transaction cancelled".

Can somebody lead me where I would need to go to see if I could get this resolved?

Actually it was $80
I had this issue last year when 2K would freeze inside your MyPlayer career, I had spent $50 on VC and it was all lost when my MP Career glitched and froze leaving trapped in a one game repeat playoff loop.

I never got it resolved with 2K Support, but I did contact 1.800.4myxbox and through their customer support team I eventually received a six month XBL subscription code (it off set the cost of what I lost) as I paid for XBL by account draft ($9.99).

So I used the money I saved in subscription fees to re-purchase the lost VC to create my new MP. It worked out well aside from the MyCareer/Badges having to go through all that again.

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...post2047473988

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »