Home

This Sums up the Teammate AI Issues (Clip Inside)

This is a discussion on This Sums up the Teammate AI Issues (Clip Inside) within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-09-2015, 11:48 PM   #41
MVP

UnbelievablyRAW's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: This Sums up the Teammate AI Issues (Clip Inside)

Quote:
Originally Posted by The 24th Letter
Looked like Houston was trapping....if so, this play In particular wasn't bad....plus he was controlling the player supposed to be helping and came over late....

That no call is hilarious though...as far as competitively, still enjoying H2H a lot...nowhere near unplayable

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
As far as I know, he had the defensive settings at auto, so I don't know what the CPU was set to do with Cory off picks, but that scenario happens often.

On the receiving end of pnr's, I usually end up being the screen defender (the center or pf) and just sagging off the screen and let the AI defend the ball handler. If I don't do that (and stay as the ball defender), my big man will always over help (or just stand idly) while the screener rolls to the paint unguarded.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-09-2015, 11:49 PM   #42
MVP

UnbelievablyRAW's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldHead
I like the game, but it could be ALOT better. I rate gameplay, alone, about a 6.5/10 right now.
Past 2ks must have been 2's then...
Old 10-10-2015, 12:11 AM   #43
Banned

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnbelievablyRAW
Past 2ks must have been 2's then...
No. More like 5/10, and ALOT of the same issues are present this year along with New ones. These are my H2H (online and offline) negative experiences (Superstar Sim) with the game:

1) There are alot of bail out foul calls on forced drives to the rim, even when I'm manually controlling the big man (arms straight up).

2) CPU defender sliding (sometimes 4-5 feet) after getting burned and then getting some sort of recapture bump to prevent a blow by. No call from the ref. Lacks physics realism and foul call realism.

3) Chase down blocks by PGs that aren't known for any sort of shot blocking ability. Not only that, they are blocking high flyers at the apex of their flight. Frankly, it's IMPOSSIBLE for JJ Reddick (due to his limited athletic ability) to block Russel Westbrook from behind at the PEAK of his jump on a dunk attempt. This happens pretty regularly in this game (in terms of the analogy between the shot "blocker" and the dunker).

4) Offensive players lack awareness to dunk sensibly on fast breaks...They do these back scratcher dunks (IRL these aren't blocked very often at all anyway) and practically any defensive player from any position can block the attempt. How many times have you seen Blake Griffin get blocked by a 6'2" point guard as he goes up for a 2 handed power dunk? In 2k16, I can almost guarantee a block from behind if he goes up this way with a defender that jumps anywhere in his vicinity.

5) At least 2-3 times per quarter I can see a total breakdown of the defense, even in a half court setting...Players coming over with unnecessary help defense, leaving their man wide open for a long/mid range shot...Sometimes, they're so out of position that the open man can take it straight to the rack.

6) I dislike the automatic AND 1 shot animation on pump fakes. This should be left to the user to control whether or not a shot goes up. IRL, NBA players will often be angry at themselves for making a pass (instead of shooting to earn a trip to the line) when they get a man in the air and the ref blows the whistle.

7) Missed dunks with either very light defense or none at all (just a defender standing around the rim area). You shouldn't have to be Dwight Howard to be able to dunk as a big man, just because Pigioni is standing under the rim.

8) I dislike the in-game substitution menu...This didn't need to be touched from last year. I just don't get it. I think that the 2K devs waaay overthought this one.

9) As others have said...There is a contested shot animation that plays completely out of context. It happens pretty regularly too. Defender not even playing his man, and the shooter goes into this contorted bad look animation and misses. Makes no sense.

10) Big men (that are rated 75 or lower) can't hold onto the ball in traffic of any kind. They also trigger very soft offensive interior moves that are out of context. Wierd slow motion scoop shots and others that look like they've been shoved in the back, but they weren't. They miss these quite often too.

11) At least on the XBO version of the game, I cannot see which player the other user has on defense. I notice that alot of users have absolutely no skill and/or desire to play D, so they hideout in the paint.

I could go on and on in much more detail. But, I won't.

I think that a 6.5/10 or close rating for gameplay is spot on. Of course, just my opinion.

Last edited by OldHead; 10-10-2015 at 09:52 AM.
Old 10-10-2015, 08:22 AM   #44
Bamma

ProfessaPackMan's Arena

OVR: 36

Quote:
I would claim that it's unplayable from a competitive standpoint. You can't have fundamental AI problems, there's no way to deny that they exist at this point (countless videos showing it online), in a sports game and take winning/losing that seriously.
So you still have your copy then?
Old 10-10-2015, 08:30 AM   #45
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProfessaPackMan
So you still have your copy then?
Ummm... I own ALOT of games that I don't consider "competitive". To start, ever heard of a single player game? Were you trying to make a point? Lol. That was really weak.

*PSA: Digitally owned games cannot be "copies" that one can sell, give away or otherwise physically forfeit.

Last edited by OldHead; 10-10-2015 at 08:34 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-10-2015, 09:05 AM   #46
Banned

prestwood90's Arena

Quote:
Ummm... I own ALOT of games that I don't consider "competitive". To start, ever heard of a single player game? Were you trying to make a point? Lol. That was really weak.

*PSA: Digitally owned games cannot be "copies" that one can sell, give away or otherwise physically forfeit.
Well do everyone in os a favor and don't buy any more 2k basketball games after this year so the people that enjoy don't have to listen to u berate the game......we understand u think it sucks, have a good day

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk
Old 10-10-2015, 09:09 AM   #47
Bamma

ProfessaPackMan's Arena

OVR: 36

Didn't know you had a digital version.

I guess my point is if I bought a game that was "unplayable" or "broken" from a "competitive standpoint", that game would've been gone by now. Hell, I'd be more so blaming myself for buying it because it's not like I didn't know about 2K's history when it comes to issues like this popping up every year. It'd be no need for me to wait for a patch of that won't solve the issues with it.

Hell like you said earlier, past issues from previous games keep popping up every year and if I were in your shoes, I damn sure wouldn't be giving them my money every year knowing this would be the case. As much as I love Basketball, I can skip out on their games until the issues I have with their games are finally correctable to the point where the game is no longer "unplayable from a competitive standpoint" or "broken".

But like I said, that's just me. Not trying to throw shade at anyone, just saying how I would deal with the situation if I were in ya'll's shoes because that sucks that you guys keep spending money on their product and it's not up to your standards.
Old 10-10-2015, 09:23 AM   #48
Rookie

OVR: 2

Lmao dudes on this site defend this game to the death, even with proof staring them in the face, So sad lol

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »