Home

Contested/off balance shot animations

This is a discussion on Contested/off balance shot animations within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-10-2015, 09:54 PM   #17
MVP

hanzsomehanz's Arena

OVR: 4
Re: Contested/off balance shot animations

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rkhabeer
What sliders did you change exactly? And to what?
I'm not sure what other variables are included but here it is.

I raised user sliders to 60 for *offense and defense awareness and consistency. I now have it as high as 70. The higher it goes the more realistic their shot process and shot outcomes are.

*Just try the offensive awareness and consistency sliders for now.

Not sure it matters but I been using HOF difficulty, mainly I work off the simulation settings and edit from there. I noticed the change immediately after raising awareness and consistency so this is why I feel it's related to some type of shooting composure.

At the default settings the shooters seem to be programmed to be psyched out by a bigger, more unrealistic, radius. Even on difficulties like Pro and Rookie you will see it but not as intense and not as prevalent but on HOF it was like every rip. It's like my player was being contested by ghosts lol

Sent from my SM-T330NU using Tapatalk
Old 10-10-2015, 09:58 PM   #18
MVP

hanzsomehanz's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beluba
Deadeye was way too OP last year, essentially it made the game think that closing defenders were not there at all. It's still one of the strongest shooting badges, but we did have to neutralize it a bit.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
The badge should be able to work effectively in those stare down situations where you have space / ground to work with but the defense is still keying on you.

The contested shots that go right into your gut or face should be the more difficult shots that warrant an adjustment in shooting form and that solid on ball defense should also negate the power of deadeye.

Deadeye should not trigger to save you when the defense is bearing down on you tightly in practically a bear hug lol

Old 10-10-2015, 10:27 PM   #19
Pro

OVR: 0

Nah they def shouldn't change this. It'll just cause more online cheese like last year. They put this in for a reason. So ppl can't just pull up from mid or 3 with somebody in the area without changing your shot. I think it's perfect. Guys gotta stop asking for nerfs man it's gonna ruin the game. Contested shots are fine. You can even make some this year because the animation isn't too crazy.

Please don't change this 2k. There's nothing wrong with it.

Oh well. Just saw Mike said it'll be patched. Smh. I don't get it. They want to stop/prevent cheese but then they take things away that prevents it. Now guys are just gonna pull up with guys in the area and get greens. Then you guys are gonna say shooting needs tuning and it's gonna be patch 4 all over again. It's not even that bad man. I rarely get these animations and if you do it's because you're taking bad shots or shots with guys in your space. But whatever. Guys wanna say they play SIM but complain about contested shot animations. Like really??

Last edited by 24ct; 10-10-2015 at 10:32 PM.
Old 10-10-2015, 10:35 PM   #20
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by 24ct
Nah they def shouldn't change this. It'll just cause more online cheese like last year. They put this in for a reason. So ppl can't just pull up from mid or 3 with somebody in the area without changing your shot. I think it's perfect. Guys gotta stop asking for nerfs man it's gonna ruin the game. Contested shots are fine. You can even make some this year because the animation isn't too crazy.

Oh well. Just saw Mike said it'll be patched. Smh. I don't get it. They want to stop/prevent cheese but then they take things away that prevents it. Now guys are just gonna pull up with guys in the area and get greens. Then you guys are gonna say shooting needs tuning and it's gonna be patch 4 all over again. It's not even that bad man. I rarely get these animations and if you do it's because you're taking bad shots or shots with guys in your space. But whatever. Guys wanna say they play SIM but complain about contested shot animations. Like really??
You're definitely on the Arcade end of the spectrum when it comes to basketball games.
Old 10-10-2015, 10:39 PM   #21
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldHead
You're definitely on the Arcade end of the spectrum when it comes to basketball games.
Lol man what are you even saying homie?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-10-2015, 11:05 PM   #22
Banned

Quote:
Lol man what are you even saying homie?
That you should dedicate some/all of your time spent here starting/joining a petition for EA to create NBA Street Volume XYZ.
Old 10-10-2015, 11:13 PM   #23
Pro

Because I think contested shot animations shouldn't be nerfed?
Because I think once they do nerf them it's gonna cause even more makes?
What about my post would make you think I play an arcade style?
You're not making any sense but ok bra.
The world is yours.
Old 10-10-2015, 11:18 PM   #24
MVP

hanzsomehanz's Arena

Quote:

It's the contextual awareness of contested shot interactions that needs patching - nobody advocated to be done with contested shots altogether.

As it is now, you have guys with clean separation pulling up like they caught a case or they saw a ghost: they hiccup into an inappropriate contest shot posture when nobody is in their shooting radius to "effectively" disturb the shot.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »