Home

How do you play with (Inset team here)?

This is a discussion on How do you play with (Inset team here)? within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-10-2015, 12:22 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 6
How do you play with (Inset team here)?

Perhaps this can be a team-specific strategy thread for 2K16, I use the Bucks as my team and have the half court sets on Corner/Motion Cut Action. I use Monroe in the high post and see what the defense is doing before I go into the dribble. As for MCW, I really dont know how to use him effectively in this game, the only way I see an advantage is if he posts up the opposing PG but that doesn't do much because he has no midrange jumper. For Jabari he is also in the high post (Corner offense) and faces up and creates because he usually has speed advantage over the opposing 4. Greek Freak basically does what he does in real life which is run around and earns his own baskets, with the occasional open midrange/corner 3 shot. As for the bench I use Vasquez as my PG and run him alot of off ball because he can shoot. For those who use the Bucks, how do you use them? How about players who play with other teams?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-10-2015, 12:34 AM   #2
MVP

HowDareI's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: How do you play with (Inset team here)?

Haven't played much yet in 16 but from what I have with the Sixers I use a lineup of:

PG: Tony Wroten
SG: Hollis Thompson
SF: Robert Covington
PF: Nerlens Noel
C: Jahlil Okafor

I do a 4 out 1 in offense and space the floor. I make sure I have my POE as crash offensive boards. I like to set screens with my bigs for Wroten and have him drive and at that point I can kick to either of my two shooters or my two bigs as finishers.
Nerlens is quick so if he's up top setting screens he can usually crash from the 3 and grab boards or leave Jahlil down low one on one and get an easy post up.

And last year with MCW I noticed he's really good at basically the same thing as Wroten. Drive and kick. He's taller so he can pass over smaller guards or even draw a foul trying to finish. Set lots of screens especially with Monroe and pick and pop.

-Allen Iverson
Old 10-10-2015, 12:56 AM   #3
Pro

OVR: 9

Against the CPU, pick and rolls will always the best strategy, doesn't matter which team you're using.
Old 10-10-2015, 01:06 AM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by HowDareI
Set lots of screens especially with Monroe and pick and pop.
Interesting, but is there a way to specifically choose MCW as the screener?

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »