Home

Can We Admit Shooting is Now Broken?

This is a discussion on Can We Admit Shooting is Now Broken? within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 10-10-2015, 11:35 PM   #57
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Can We Admit Shooting is Now Broken?

i think you should work on your timing, like you said you where wide open and you dont manage to get the green with the highest 3pts player of the game...

jokes beside this year is much harder to make 3pts after a few turbo steps !

if you want to make more 3pt you need to do them on a catch shoot situation !

for exemple instead of driving the ball with curry to be wide open move the ball then pass it back to curry when he is open for a catch & shoot.

or call a screen because in your footage you look like a cheeser in 2k15 park...
Old 10-11-2015, 01:05 AM   #58
MVP

ViolenceFight's Arena

OVR: 1

Here's what I saw from your F release from your video. You turbo down court(waste stamina), Satch Back at half court (Waste stamina, dribble add miniscule shot fatigue), Turbo leff (Stamina), RUN DIRECTLY INTO YOUR DEFENDER(Stamina, getting bodied up adds to shot fatigue per Beluba's post), Change direction and turbo back (Greatly waste stamina due to game Mechanics) And shoot off the dribble (Which is a poor shot to begin with) with a slightly late release.

Yeah, if not an F, I'd personally say D+ Or C-, and the shot should brick. I'd tear into a kid for that in real life. Move the ball, work off ball to create a shot off the screen. Don't dribble around for 15 to 17 seconds and put up a jumper off the dribble...thats bad basketball

PSN: ViolenceFight
Instagram: @ViolenceFight
Old 10-11-2015, 01:19 AM   #59
Rookie

OVR: 2

Complaining baby girls
Then they screw up everything with next patches because of you
Old 10-11-2015, 01:20 AM   #60
Gameplay Director, NBA2k

OVR: 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by ViolenceFight
Here's what I saw from your F release from your video. You turbo down court(waste stamina), Satch Back at half court (Waste stamina, dribble add miniscule shot fatigue), Turbo leff (Stamina), RUN DIRECTLY INTO YOUR DEFENDER(Stamina, getting bodied up adds to shot fatigue per Beluba's post), Change direction and turbo back (Greatly waste stamina due to game Mechanics) And shoot off the dribble (Which is a poor shot to begin with) with a slightly late release.

Yeah, if not an F, I'd personally say D+ Or C-, and the shot should brick. I'd tear into a kid for that in real life. Move the ball, work off ball to create a shot off the screen. Don't dribble around for 15 to 17 seconds and put up a jumper off the dribble...thats bad basketball

This is basically what I was going to say. In this example, it was the culmination of a few "smaller" penalties that added up. The moving penalty combined with the body bump are really what hit hardest though. The moving penalty is VERY strict this year... it's there to combat zigzag 3 cheese.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Old 10-11-2015, 01:35 AM   #61
MVP

coolcras7's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beluba
This is basically what I was going to say. In this example, it was the culmination of a few "smaller" penalties that added up. The moving penalty combined with the body bump are really what hit hardest though. The moving penalty is VERY strict this year... it's there to combat zigzag 3 cheese.

I love when people claim something is broken without knowing if it was intended to work as such, it may not be to your liking which is something completely different.
Old 10-11-2015, 01:39 AM   #62
MVP

BluFu's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:

Thanks for clarifying... just wondering, why wasn't the second shot hit as hard with the penalty? He still got an A after sprinting to the corner. Or are body-ups counting for the majority of a shot penalty?
Old 10-11-2015, 01:44 AM   #63
MVP

swac07's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:

BAM!!!!that explains alot ......
Old 10-11-2015, 01:46 AM   #64
Banned

OVR: 0

Quote:

Im sorry, but a player puts a hand on u, and ur automatically gonna get a F if u shoot the ball within a 5 second time frame? I can easily get grades while stopping and popping, this random occurrence and people trying to justify it is just really mind boggling.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »