Home

My overtime experience vs. the Bulls (video inside)

This is a discussion on My overtime experience vs. the Bulls (video inside) within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-12-2015, 02:46 PM   #9
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34
Re: My overtime experience vs. the Bulls (video inside)

Quote:
Originally Posted by lakers24
Yeah, I actually noticed the game plays better on default back in 2k14. I don't know why but It just doesn't feel like the CPU is cheating to make up for the higher difficulty level all the while still giving you a challenging game.
Good read 24th.

I'm getting this on Pro Customization. Each time I've had a lead in the 4th quarter, I get the great collapse of my team. Yeah, I know the drill, call timeouts, change it up on offense and D, etc....

I just didn't think of trying it on default this year.

Heck, I might even climb to All-Star if this pans out.
Old 10-12-2015, 02:52 PM   #10
Banned

OVR: 0

There's a thread in the slider forum mentioning user/cpu slider effects. When playing CPU vs CPU the avg. score was 80 with user sliders at default. (User sliders aren't actually used to simulate the game.) But with user sliders at 0 the avg score dropped considerably.

What that means is: Lower sliders mean lower scoring probability. The overall success rate of doing anything drops across the board.

Since you are playing on SS diff you probably know how to score (no matter what). Since the AI needs to keep the score even, the AI will have to score as well (no matter what). Since the sliders are lower, the overall success rate is lower as well. So shooting "normal" shots has a success rate that is too low. And so the emergency program kicks in. If there is no "normal shot" available we have to take cheese shots. On default there are more "normal" shots available. Hence less cheese.
Old 10-12-2015, 03:03 PM   #11
ERA

The 24th Letter's Arena

OVR: 38

Quote:
Originally Posted by pazmacats
There's a thread in the slider forum mentioning user/cpu slider effects. When playing CPU vs CPU the avg. score was 80 with user sliders at default. (User sliders aren't actually used to simulate the game.) But with user sliders at 0 the avg score dropped considerably.

What that means is: Lower sliders mean lower scoring probability. The overall success rate of doing anything drops across the board.

Since you are playing on SS diff you probably know how to score (no matter what). Since the AI needs to keep the score even, the AI will have to score as well (no matter what). Since the sliders are lower, the overall success rate is lower as well. So shooting "normal" shots has a success rate that is too low. And so the emergency program kicks in. If there is no "normal shot" available we have to take cheese shots. On default there are more "normal" shots available. Hence less cheese.

That's a good *** breakdown, thanks

Never thought of it that way

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-12-2015, 03:23 PM   #12
All Star

Gosens6's Arena

OVR: 26

After I watch Gotham with the wife, gonna play some games on all star and superstar default and see how it turns out. This theory intrigues me

Old 10-12-2015, 03:28 PM   #13
MVP

lakers24's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gosens6
After I watch Gotham with the wife, gonna play some games on all star and superstar default and see how it turns out. This theory intrigues me

I wish i'd recorded my last few games of 2k15 because I used SS default and I had he best games I'd played the entire year on it. When I got down big, got a lead, or let a team back in it felt like it was my fault and I wasn't at the CPU's mercy. It's definitely gonna make a big difference for those that know what they're doing(if you don't you'll get blown out lol).
Old 10-12-2015, 03:28 PM   #14
ERA

The 24th Letter's Arena

Post you're default games results here fellas

Old 10-12-2015, 03:33 PM   #15
ERA

The 24th Letter's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by lakers24
I wish i'd recorded my last few games of 2k15 because I used SS default and I had he best games I'd played the entire year on it. When I got down big, got a lead, or let a team back in it felt like it was my fault and I wasn't at the CPU's mercy. It's definitely gonna make a big difference for those that know what they're doing(if you don't you'll get blown out lol).

I recorded the second half of my Bulls/ Bucks game on default, I'll see if I can upload it...much of the same though.... the CPU made multiple mistakes and I broke the game open....

Only downside is there are less fouls...on 8 min quarters I only shot 15

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-12-2015, 03:38 PM   #16
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by The 24th Letter
Post you're default games results here fellas

I will try default as well tonight.

Haven't had a chance to watch the video but I assume it's when they zip the pass in and get free lay ups before your big can react and/or foul.

There's a way to combat this on SS/SIM (my preference now) but it's hard to describe. You have to be constantly tapping/holding LT on defense when and before the pass goes in while moving your defender (guarding the ball) and he has to be in front of your the ball handler as well or your bigs will be ball watching.

Also, only use tight as off ball because deny will make the zip passes more prevalent. My only beef is this can be beat but the CPU will continue to do so while I pick lff majority of their passes. I've blown out the CPU because they haven't adjusted and their turnovers will pile up and in return I'll get easy transition buckets.

It was too prevalent last year As well and it was the same technique to stop it. LT is your resolution but positioning and the way and when you tap LT will trigger your big men to act normal.

Get in the lab 24th and you'll see what I mean. Even so, the CPU still shouldn't do it as much and it shouldn't be a staple to their game AT ALL. I've had games where I wish the CPU would run more play sets because it would make the win/loss more satisfying.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »