Home

My overtime experience vs. the Bulls (video inside)

This is a discussion on My overtime experience vs. the Bulls (video inside) within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-13-2015, 07:40 AM   #25
Banned

OVR: 0
Re: My overtime experience vs. the Bulls (video inside)

I always try and remember, the AI has the ability to be perfect. It doesn't have to time jump shots, or deal with lag. Doesn't have possible distractions from real life going on, won't click on wrong icon for passing, and won't pass over an open cutter to a defended player in the corner with directional passing.

My point is, the AI is/can/has the ability to be perfect. And for the most part in SS/Sim, they are. And that is my problem with it.

Not enough instances where the AI plays organically. Only game where I see loose, organic, and consistent rating based play is MLB The Show. All the others, NHL, Madden, 2k, FIFA...all have those moments where you KNOW they are going to score.

Thousands have felt that helplessness with the AI year after year across all games, it isn't a coincidence, higher level AI just isn't smart enough, it has to do these things. And that is fine, because some players need that challenge.

But the majority need to realize that the difficulty level they play on is the cause if the problems they see...not the game is bad 100% of the time.

Sent from my XT1528 using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-13-2015, 08:00 AM   #26
ND

NDAlum's Arena

OVR: 29

I tried out All-Star default with a few tweaks to make the CPU a bit more prone to turnovers. It felt really really good.

I'm going to decrease the shot % by the CPU in the paint just a tad because they are a bit too good down there.

I fell to 0-8 on the season...yep 0-8. It was my first close game of the season as I had a buzzer beater attempt with Gallinari vs Orlando. I lost the game 102-101.

They shot 52% and had like 62 PiP. In the 4th they hit all their points in the paint. It's a combination of me not being a great on ball defender and the CPU really forcing it inside with a high % of success.

Mudiay had an amazing game: 24 pts, 14 ast, 5 reb, 2 stl, 0 TO's

I actually won the turnover battle like 16:9

It was a super fun game...thanks for the suggestion it has really helped me out and the game felt much better.

Atlanta Braves Fantasy Draft Franchise | Google Docs History
NL East Champs 5x | WS Champion 1x (2020)
Old 10-13-2015, 01:28 PM   #27
MVP

lakers24's Arena

OVR: 0

I'll just say that obviously everyone has different tastes so tinker around with things until you get the correct balance. Another thing to remind yourself of is that the POE and your actual defensive settings matter too. Sagging off of the wrong players, overhelping, crowding the paint, etc. Know your personnel and know your opponent to be as successful as possible. Lastly, control everyone on defense. For me, I play on ball a lot but I usually move other guys around a bit to get them exactly where I want them if I see something coming. Making a quick switch to a big BEFORE a pass is made makes a huge difference and can shut down an entire play before it starts. Sometimes fronting works as well, but you have to remember to have help on the backside or they'll just lob it or swing the ball to the weak side. TL;DR it's a lot of things that go into minimizing the cpu's overall "cheesiness" and providing a better experience.
Old 10-13-2015, 02:07 PM   #28
MVP

GisherJohn24's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by lakers24
I'll just say that obviously everyone has different tastes so tinker around with things until you get the correct balance. Another thing to remind yourself of is that the POE and your actual defensive settings matter too. Sagging off of the wrong players, overhelping, crowding the paint, etc. Know your personnel and know your opponent to be as successful as possible. Lastly, control everyone on defense. For me, I play on ball a lot but I usually move other guys around a bit to get them exactly where I want them if I see something coming. Making a quick switch to a big BEFORE a pass is made makes a huge difference and can shut down an entire play before it starts. Sometimes fronting works as well, but you have to remember to have help on the backside or they'll just lob it or swing the ball to the weak side. TL;DR it's a lot of things that go into minimizing the cpu's overall "cheesiness" and providing a better experience.
I definitely lowered the tendencies for the CPU for attack the basket, inside and close shots. Moved up the mid range to 55 or so. Attack the basket, I think I did 35 and inside shots 35. I was getting astronomical points in the paint on the cpu side, like 60 points a game. I was getting fed up.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »