Home

Nearly impossible to hit two straight 3's in a row

This is a discussion on Nearly impossible to hit two straight 3's in a row within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-14-2015, 08:49 AM   #73
MVP

OVR: 1
Re: Nearly impossible to hit two straight 3's in a row

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gosens6
My thing is, during the course of a game, if a guy can get really hot and into a good groove, he CAN sometimes hit 2 or even 3 three point shots consecutively.

Most of us know the stats, we know that's not the norm, we know about 44% wide open shots blah blah blah, but seriously, cool it with the stats.

If Klay Thompson went off on you for 37 in a quarter in NBA 2K, you guys would be crying foul saying real life stats say that shouldn't happen so 2K should tune the shooting.
If Klay Thompson did this with any regularity, then yes, we should call foul.

If Klay Thompson does this in ONE game out of 346 games played, and no one else does in some 50,000 48-minute games, then it's fine.

Otherwise, it doesn't make much sense to use a record breaking, historical quarter that's only ever happened once in NBA history as something that shouldn't cause suspicion if it happens in any remotely repeatable way.

Anyway, even with the average open shot make percentage, you should be seeing two in a row on open shots roughly half the time after a make with a good shooter. And three in a row 1/4 of the time. To never hit two in a row is actually statistically improbable, because random distribution even at 44% should cause clustering of makes, just as it would cause clusterings of consecutive misses.

Last edited by Sundown; 10-14-2015 at 08:54 AM.
Old 10-14-2015, 09:04 AM   #74
Rookie

Merize's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sleepy59
The comeback cheese has been around since 2k14. Ronnie himself admitted that the matches were 50/50 therefore it was not competitive. The game would force you to get turnovers/miss and the opposing team would be on fire until they catch up. 2k15 was a bit better but only at disguising it, they were a bit more discreet. Judging by the comments I don't think im going to play 2k16 online until this is fixed. I want a competitive game where the best man can win. Not where momentum shifts control the game.
Have anyone seen a match with a difference of 30+ pts?
The comeback programming have been there and it's real. You can actually "feel" when a shot it's gonna miss or get in.
Old 10-14-2015, 09:27 AM   #75
Pro

Quote:
My thing is, during the course of a game, if a guy can get really hot and into a good groove, he CAN sometimes hit 2 or even 3 three point shots consecutively.

Most of us know the stats, we know that's not the norm, we know about 44% wide open shots blah blah blah, but seriously, cool it with the stats.

If Klay Thompson went off on you for 37 in a quarter in NBA 2K, you guys would be crying foul saying real life stats say that shouldn't happen so 2K should tune the shooting.

Stats are cool and all, but don't act like guys don't get hot and hit consecutive threes in real life.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Do you play with the shot meter on or off? With shot meter off and shot feedback on (Not sure exact terminology right now but right under shot meter toggle). I shoot around 40% from 3 pt putting up roughly 20-23/game.

Also, believe it or not, I've hit 3 in a row (two on back to back possessions then end of quarter few possessions later) with Patty Mills.

I think most of OS goes by the shot meter as the bible for successful shooting, which, in my opinion, yields lower shooting percentage.

My friends come to my house to play 2K and what do I hear all evening....it was right on the line; that should be in! Go by the feel and rhythm of the shot while factoring in the top of the release and results will improve.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-14-2015, 09:28 AM   #76
All Star

Gosens6's Arena

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nevertheles109
Do you play with the shot meter on or off? With shot meter off and shot feedback on (Not sure exact terminology right now but right under shot meter toggle). I shoot around 40% from 3 pt putting up roughly 20-23/game.

Also, believe it or not, I've hit 3 in a row (two on back to back possessions then end of quarter few possessions later) with Patty Mills.

I think most of OS goes by the shot meter as the bible for successful shooting, which, in my opinion, yields lower shooting percentage.

My friends come to my house to play 2K and what do I hear all evening....it was right on the line; that should be in! Go by the feel and rhythm of the shot while factoring in the top of the release and results will improve.

I don't use the shot meter, it became entirely too distracting so I play with it off. This is the first time I the series you can really "feel" a players shot.

Old 10-14-2015, 09:43 AM   #77
Pro

Quote:
I don't use the shot meter, it became entirely too distracting so I play with it off. This is the first time I the series you can really "feel" a players shot.

I disagree this is the first time in the series as I did the same last year but I feel you man.

I also think (slightly cheesy) 2K16 rewards when you run a play set oppose to iso'ing for an open three or shot or dribbling until you find open space, even if you have more space after an iso or left right dribbling
Old 10-14-2015, 10:25 AM   #78
All Star

Gosens6's Arena

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundown
If Klay Thompson did this with any regularity, then yes, we should call foul.

If Klay Thompson does this in ONE game out of 346 games played, and no one else does in some 50,000 48-minute games, then it's fine.

Otherwise, it doesn't make much sense to use a record breaking, historical quarter that's only ever happened once in NBA history as something that shouldn't cause suspicion if it happens in any remotely repeatable way.

Anyway, even with the average open shot make percentage, you should be seeing two in a row on open shots roughly half the time after a make with a good shooter. And three in a row 1/4 of the time. To never hit two in a row is actually statistically improbable, because random distribution even at 44% should cause clustering of makes, just as it would cause clusterings of consecutive misses.

Even if AI Klay did it one game, have you forgotten what message board we're on??

The sky would be falling and 2K would be labeled the antichrist to more than half the users here

Old 10-14-2015, 12:07 PM   #79
MVP

Ownal0t's Arena

Yes I started playing my team again, it's sad that I can't punish players for slacking off on d like this. It seems like people in general just let u shoot
Old 10-15-2015, 12:18 AM   #80
MVP

UnbelievablyRAW's Arena

OVR: 5

https://vid.me/GAXJ

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »