Home

Absolutely HORRIBLE bigman defensive AI makes this game unplayable.

This is a discussion on Absolutely HORRIBLE bigman defensive AI makes this game unplayable. within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-13-2015, 11:03 AM   #9
Banned

Kobrakai's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Absolutely HORRIBLE bigman defensive AI makes this game unplayable.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The 24th Letter
Yeah, it's an issue as I pointed out yesterday....

Only thing you can do until it's addressed officially is:

Examine your difficulty level

Change sliders (This works well)

Make some of the adjustments pointed out by fellow OS'ers

If it's 'unplayable' for you then unplayable for you....I know it's nowhere close to that for me...but every one has their breaking point....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Unfortunately can't change sliders in either My Career or MyTeam which are both of the modes I play...
Old 10-13-2015, 11:11 AM   #10
Pro

There's a way to stop it and your post is very extreme and over the top.

I've given advice but I'm hesitant to even do so because instead of improving or employing new tactics, people rather complain and have 2K hold their hand.

This game isn't half as bad as these threads indicate.
Old 10-13-2015, 11:28 AM   #11
Rookie

OVR: 3

What do you do when you want to play against the cpu and they are defending the Pick-and-Roll brain dead as well? Some say: Don't exploit it. So what? Am i supposed to play a basketball game without Pick-and-Roll?

I understand that some are defending 2KSports because the game at first glance looks great.

But wasn't there so much talk pre-release how smart the AI would be? Sorry, but i don't see it.

I think, that the players may have too many information what to do in the code. They sometimes change direction without any need or purpose to do so. i think the whole concept is on the way but it is implemented badly into the game.

Fact is: The rotations doesn't work properly (worse than in 2k15) and the ACE doesn't work either, when no double comes in the low post when i go off for 50 points on 70 % shooting. You can say of course that these issues when playing against the cpu aren't gamebreaking. But to say these problems doesn't exist is a bail out for the devs. Which is not warranted at all, because what i'm seeing on the court is the exact difference of a smarter AI - as was advertised.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-13-2015, 11:28 AM   #12
ERA

The 24th Letter's Arena

OVR: 38

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kobrakai
Unfortunately can't change sliders in either My Career or MyTeam which are both of the modes I play...

Gotcha

Can you change coaching defensive settings in MyCAREER? They help as well...

There have actually been some good suggestions by members on this...maybe you can check those out

Old 10-13-2015, 11:44 AM   #13
MVP

sirjam's Arena

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by frank70
What do you do when you want to play against the cpu and they are defending the Pick-and-Roll brain dead as well? Some say: Don't exploit it. So what? Am i supposed to play a basketball game without Pick-and-Roll?

I understand that some are defending 2KSports because the game at first glance looks great.

But wasn't there so much talk pre-release how smart the AI would be? Sorry, but i don't see it.

I think, that the players may have too many information what to do in the code. They sometimes change direction without any need or purpose to do so. i think the whole concept is on the way but it is implemented badly into the game.

Fact is: The rotations doesn't work properly (worse than in 2k15) and the ACE doesn't work either, when no double comes in the low post when i go off for 50 points on 70 % shooting. You can say of course that these issues when playing against the cpu aren't gamebreaking. But to say these problems doesn't exist is a bail out for the devs. Which is not warranted at all, because what i'm seeing on the court is the exact difference of a smarter AI - as was advertised.
The only thing I can say is hit OG up on twitter and Mike to. They prolly won't answer u but at least the voice will be out there. I've done it several times but I think they think I'm being to critical so if they hear it from others to maybe we can get this fixed. Doubles and especially rotations are big in the nba. I don't know if ace jus isn't working or has a bug or what but it's definitely been hush hush on their end. I also don't see a lot of czars great freelances being used much by the CPU. Something is definitely going on imo
Old 10-13-2015, 01:08 PM   #14
MVP

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kobrakai
This is by far the worst I have ever seen help defense in any NBA2K game in years, last year was bad enough but the way your AI center and PF "defend" the key is beyond ********.

Let's take a look why:

A) they jog back at a snail's pace after every made basket letting the other team score instant points in transition
B) a single pick and roll leaves them dazed and confused with absolutely no idea to rotate back and protect the rim
C) they never go "straight up", always try to cover from way behind and foul the opposing team at the end of the shot clock EVERY TIME
D) they STILL don't box out to the point where players much, much smaller than them can just teleport through and get the rebound

add this to the fact how easily they are stripped and AI big men are such a liability that it makes the game unplayable; especially given the overpowered cheese of the pick and roll game this year meaning that if you try and manually control the big man in order to rotate back, your AI point guard will just get abused and scored on with a midrange jumpshot that goes in even if it's a contested fadeaway.

Fixing issues like this should be priority #1 for any gameplay patches as the pick and roll coupled with terrible transition defense ruins the game and makes it completely un-fun.
I generally agree that there is an issue with how the paint is defended on even the most basic of plays. Sliders do help, but ultimately a patch is needed to fix the AI behavior overall. This gameplay has incredible potential once paint protection is fixed.
Old 10-13-2015, 10:30 PM   #15
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by The 24th Letter
Yeah, it's an issue as I pointed out yesterday....

Only thing you can do until it's addressed officially is:

Examine your difficulty level

Change sliders (This works well)

Make some of the adjustments pointed out by fellow OS'ers

If it's 'unplayable' for you then unplayable for you....I know it's nowhere close to that for me...but every one has their breaking point....

None of those works in MyCareer without cheats, unfortunately.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-14-2015, 08:02 AM   #16
MVP

sirjam's Arena

OVR: 15

I listened to the pre launch pressrow interview. One of the things they said was no longer will u be able to do one thing during games. They specifically said to rich. I saw u cheese your way to a championship last yr by jus dumping it down low. Well this yr the AI will recognize that and force u to adjust bc they will take that away. I guess I have the wrong game bc I can do that same thing this yr. is ace jus a gimmick?

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »