Home

Give Curry new contract, trade him or let him go? Need help.

This is a discussion on Give Curry new contract, trade him or let him go? Need help. within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-13-2015, 11:21 AM   #1
That's top class!

extremeskins04's Arena

OVR: 1
Give Curry new contract, trade him or let him go? Need help.

So I'm stumped in my situation. I'm currently in my 2nd year just before trade deadline with a FANTASY DRAFTED Boston Celtics team.

I have Stephen Curry and he's in his contract year. He's already come to me about extending him. He's very loyal and he wants to stay with me. The problem is he wants a 3 year $80 mil contract which works out to be about $25-27 mil per year.

I have $7 mil cap room and about $24-25 mil luxury tax room.

So basically if I sign him, there goes all my money for this year.

I have him on the trading block and teams are interested. Should I go ahead and try to see what I can get for him? Should I go through with this deal?

What would you do? Curry is a beast, but he's expensive now.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-13-2015, 12:09 PM   #2
Rookie

MasonOS95's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Give Curry new contract, trade him or let him go? Need help.

depends on your roster
Old 10-13-2015, 12:26 PM   #3
That's top class!

extremeskins04's Arena

I can't remember my entire roster but here ya go with their Overalls.

PG: Steph Curry (93) / Patrick Beverly (78)
SG: Eric Gordon (83) / Marco Belinelli (78)
SF: Ben Simmons (81) / Omri Casspi (74)
PF: Markieff Morris (82) / Jonas Jerebko (75)
C: Hassan Whiteside (79) / can't remember his backup

This team won the championship their first year and that was simming the entire season, and playing 1 playoff game per series and simming the rest.

So I'm trying to get depth and more young talent. I just don't know what to do with Curry. I have a top 10 pick this coming year so I could either get more depth at Center with the draft and then trade Curry for a young PG and build him.

Last edited by extremeskins04; 10-13-2015 at 12:29 PM.
Old 10-13-2015, 12:29 PM   #4
MVP

BluFu's Arena

OVR: 4

Well.. do you want to win another championship? lol
Old 10-13-2015, 12:30 PM   #5
That's top class!

extremeskins04's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by BluFu
Well.. do you want to win another championship? lol
I'm actually ok with NOT winning this 2nd year and just managing my cap and building up the roster some. I already won the 1st year. But on the same hand, I could potentially just keep Curry and NOT sign him. Let him play this year out and go to the finals again probably cause thats where I'm headed so far mid-season.

Then at the end of the year just let him go, but I figured I could potentially get GOOD value for him.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-13-2015, 12:49 PM   #6
Rookie

ReRo's Arena

OVR: 0

Why do you worry about the money? If you're only 7M under cap, it's not like you can create something with it let alone replace Curry.

Unless you're playing myGM and you bought the franchise with VC, then I understand the money issues.
Old 10-13-2015, 12:58 PM   #7
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by extremeskins04
I can't remember my entire roster but here ya go with their Overalls.

PG: Steph Curry (93) / Patrick Beverly (78)
SG: Eric Gordon (83) / Marco Belinelli (78)
SF: Ben Simmons (81) / Omri Casspi (74)
PF: Markieff Morris (82) / Jonas Jerebko (75)
C: Hassan Whiteside (79) / can't remember his backup

This team won the championship their first year and that was simming the entire season, and playing 1 playoff game per series and simming the rest.

So I'm trying to get depth and more young talent. I just don't know what to do with Curry. I have a top 10 pick this coming year so I could either get more depth at Center with the draft and then trade Curry for a young PG and build him.
You absolutely sign him. You have nice bench depth at 1-2. Once Ben Simmons develops you will have two stars and 3 good starters.

Also, Simmons can give some run at the 4 and you could always go small with a Curry/Belinelli/Gordon/Simmons/Whiteside lineup.

You pretty much just need a shot blocking back up center and you should be fine.

Isn't Eric Gordon an expiring as well? You could move him. A good player on a big expiring contract is pretty valuable.
Old 10-13-2015, 01:14 PM   #8
That's top class!

extremeskins04's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mauer4MVP
You absolutely sign him. You have nice bench depth at 1-2. Once Ben Simmons develops you will have two stars and 3 good starters.

Also, Simmons can give some run at the 4 and you could always go small with a Curry/Belinelli/Gordon/Simmons/Whiteside lineup.

You pretty much just need a shot blocking back up center and you should be fine.

Isn't Eric Gordon an expiring as well? You could move him. A good player on a big expiring contract is pretty valuable.
Great post. I agree. I just have a hard time spending $25-27 mil a year on a 3 year deal for Curry when he's already 28 years old. For some reason I always feel like it's better to spend big money like that on someone younger.

Like for instance, if this was Kyrie Irving being what..24-25 years old? I'd do it in a second because he's a beast also. Something else I've noticed from Curry after seeing his stats and watching him play. He's a great inside and outside shooter, he practically NEVER misses from the FT line, but his defense is bad and he gives up turnovers quite a bit.

I need to think. lol. So maybe if I sign Curry but try to move Gordon I could build up the SG position with young talent, and then work on developing a PG over the next 3 years to replace Curry.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »