Home

Request: To those who win on Super Star or Hall of Fame:

This is a discussion on Request: To those who win on Super Star or Hall of Fame: within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-15-2015, 10:39 AM   #17
Pro

OVR: 0
Re: Request: To those who win on Super Star or Hall of Fame:

@NDAlum

http://youtu.be/QLtNaFLtFZs

Stat recap above. Superstar/SIM, 11 minute quarters (12 minute quarters seem to only provide inflated numbers on my end, 11 always been my sweet spot). I was the Spurs.

Adjustments and gameplan: Kawhi guarded Steph all game(6 turnovers on 10-21 shooting). Don't let Draymond Green kill us with those early 3's as the floor spreads easier once he does. Feed the post to facilitate tempo of game and give Kawhi the ball (as you can see, that plan didn't work haha BUT he did hit a BIG three with 58 seconds left in transition to give us the lead and low key almost had a triple dub) I had an off night with three point shooting as well so my front court had to do their thing.

I'll do more today if you like.

PS: http://youtu.be/5XR-qktPCHA ....shooting breakdown

For ****s and giggles,
18 pts from 3 pointers
15 from free throws
34 points in the paint
34 from midrange
Old 10-15-2015, 01:00 PM   #18
Pro

JoFri's Arena

OVR: 0

tks for yor post as i just realised the box stats and minutes were "normalised", so i couldnt retrieve my past games scoreboards bcos they were not real. i've turned that off now.

i managed to take this snapshot some days ago as i felt great having two players in a game to get triple-double. the last i heard was MJ and Pippen. this was played on simulation sliders superstars level 10 minutes per quarter. the stats were taken right after game.

i just done playing memphis and Lakers, and managed to beat them in HOF, simulation sliders 10 minutes per quarter. here are the stats taken right after the Lakers game (comeback game with ot thriller).

KD perimeter shooting was inconsistent though ... btw, OKC is awesome. i wonder how many rings they can get if they play the triangle. they are very effective in 2k16 triangle!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 10-15-2015, 01:03 PM   #19
New Ork Giants

Goffs's Arena

OVR: 30

I was planning on recording a full 4th quarter game and posting it. Problem is I'm still losing to the cpu lol but I'm close.....
Old 10-15-2015, 03:30 PM   #20
ERA

The 24th Letter's Arena

OVR: 38

any thoughts yet ND?

Old 10-15-2015, 03:58 PM   #21
ND

NDAlum's Arena

OVR: 29

Gotta watch your half. I watched the Spurs user. Heading home now will check it out

Atlanta Braves Fantasy Draft Franchise | Google Docs History
NL East Champs 5x | WS Champion 1x (2020)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-15-2015, 04:57 PM   #22
ND

NDAlum's Arena

OVR: 29

@JoFri: I'm not sure if you read the entirety of my original post, but that's the type of box score I do not want to replicate. I think you made 4 out of 42 shots in the "mid range" category. That's under 10% of your buckets from mid range. I don't want a layup/dunk/3-pt dominated game. I want to utilize all areas.

@24th: Appreciate the vid. Quite honestly watch you guys play made me feel better about myself lol. You guys are better on the D side than me. It might be roster related or me not doing matchups/assignments as well as you guys. The flow of the offense for you guys is pretty good but not super crisp. I see some of the same errors I make with poor passes. Didn't see a huge amount of play run % and it seems like a common concept is: draw D to my ball handler then pass to open man.

I want my experience to be organic and look/feel like real basketball. Guys who score 80%+ near the bucket/3's just don't play the game the way I want. I'm not knocking you guys, I just have no desire to play the game in that fashion.

Appreciate the dialogue! Makes me feel like I'm not that far off with my play style. My Nuggets team is pretty bad defensively and could be a substantial contributing factor to my struggles.

Atlanta Braves Fantasy Draft Franchise | Google Docs History
NL East Champs 5x | WS Champion 1x (2020)
Old 10-15-2015, 05:14 PM   #23
Speak it into existence

jeremym480's Arena

OVR: 39

ND, a good way to get your mid-range scoring up is to incorporate some "Floppy" plays into your playbook. Those plays usually have a big setting a screen for a wing and if the screen is a good one then usually it results in a open look.

Another good ways is your traditional pick and roll plays, but have your big fade instead of roll. What I like to do is combine the two - Floppy with a P&R if the original screen isn't a good one. Basically if the shot isn't open off the pick the big is in the low post so just quickly call for a pick & pop and can get an open look from either the guard coming off the screen or passing back to the big after setting it.

Then again if you're using Denver, then I don't think you have a big who can hit a mid-range shot consistently, so you better hope they can set a good pick.

Alabama Crimson Tide
Green Bay Packers
Boston Celtics

New Orleans Pelicans
Old 10-15-2015, 05:27 PM   #24
Game Dev

TheBleedingRed21's Arena

OVR: 21

ND, I suck at this game so I play on pro so far. Might move to all star one day.

I think me and you have similar play styles, I don't score everything inside and don't take all 3s. I shoot mid range a lot more often coming off screens or step backs.

I can't offer much to your question but something I found more enjoyable and something that leaves the mid range more doable:

Running plays is a must.. Tons of chances to come off a pick and shoot a quick jumper after a pass.

I see a lot of people on higher difficulties not run plays very often and I found for me, it's a lot more fun and feels more authentic.

Also, something that has helped me, learn to the step back jumper and master it. It's so fun to drive in, step back and drain a mid range jumper.

I feel those two things have atleast made it more fun then trying to dunk everything or drain all 3s.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »