Home

NBA 2K16: Pro-Am is Here, And It Was Worth the Wait

This is a discussion on NBA 2K16: Pro-Am is Here, And It Was Worth the Wait within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-14-2015, 11:37 AM   #17
Rookie

JayBillups36's Arena

OVR: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by GradyMac
But rep is for MyPark rewards. Strolls, clothes, some play boosts; NONE of which have anything to do with ProAm.

if you want rep, play MyPark. Those rewards do nothing in ProAm; so I don't know why you want rep in ProAm.
Exactly, it has nothing to do with Pro Am. There isn't boost cards and all that BS with pro am. That's a good thing, if you want rep , play park
Old 10-14-2015, 11:40 AM   #18
Rookie

Re: NBA 2K16: Pro-Am is Here, And It Was Worth the Wait

Quote:
Originally Posted by FantasyGuy10
Because right now there is not an equivalent 5 vs. 5 court that you can play with your MyPlayer and friends for rep (i.e. Rec from last year).

That is why I, and many other people want rep for Pro-Am. If they can't add rep then at least add a 5 vs. 5 Rec in MyPark.

This game was so much about adding new features and new modes... but they took out one of the biggest (and most addictive) reasons that make people continue to play this game throughout it's life cycle.
I agree and disagree. Having rep for this mode would be convenient but it has nothing to do with the park and the accolades you get. Rep is just for bragging rights. I made Legend last year. Aside from one or two gameplay boost, you spend hours grinding just to brag, take your shirt off and activate goofy dances. The reward does not match the effort required to reach it.

However, for those of us who want a more sim experience, Pro-Am is the way to go. I don't care about "rep" because my version of it is the leaderboard.
Old 10-14-2015, 11:43 AM   #19
Pro

Jhawkfootball06's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayBillups36
Exactly, it has nothing to do with Pro Am. There isn't boost cards and all that BS with pro am. That's a good thing, if you want rep , play park
You are missing the point. Right now there's no way to play 5 vs. 5 with your friends for Rep.

They could easily have implemented it in Pro-Am. If your squad is all from the same affiliation, then you gain some sort of Rep for repping that affiliation in a Pro-Am game.

It's really that simple. A simple search shows that this is a wanted thing.

Last edited by Jhawkfootball06; 10-14-2015 at 12:53 PM.
Old 10-14-2015, 11:44 AM   #20
Rookie

I was able to play Pro-Am last night after being locked out for 2 weeks like everyone else.

For the most part, I'm extremely happy. I'm playing as a walk-on right now since my crew is more concerned with My Park right now. I was able to get into games super smooth and quick.

My walk on crew went on a quick 3 game win streak to my amazement. When the game was over, some of our teammates logged out and were promptly replaced with new users quite swiftly as we waiting on the court for them.

As soon as I create a crew, I can't wait to try out the custom stadiums. Pro-Am is here!

P.S. Does anybody know what the game speed and difficulty for Pro-Am is set at? I play on 50 speed in My Career but Pro-Am seems significantly slower. Is this lag or nah?
Old 10-14-2015, 11:58 AM   #21
Rookie

I need a squad on ps4. Sg 92 - dariouise

Sent from my LGMS659 using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-14-2015, 12:00 PM   #22
Pro

I'm glad it doesn't give you rep leave the arcade players at the park
Old 10-14-2015, 12:01 PM   #23
MVP

tru11's Arena

do badges work in pro-am?
Old 10-14-2015, 12:02 PM   #24
Rookie

sschevyridah's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by FantasyGuy10
You are missing the point. Right now there's no way to play 5 vs. 5 with your friends for Rep.

They could easily have implemented it in Pro-Am. If your squad is all from the same affiliation, then you gain some sort of Rep for repping that affiliation in a Pro-Am game.

It's really that simple. A simple search shows that this is a wanted thing.

But Pro-Am is a different mode and has nothing to do with MyPark. Not sure why rep is even being mentioned in the same sentence with Pro-Am. I get that people want to play 5v5 for rep but that isn't a Pro-Am issue that's a MyPark issue. I actually like 4v4 or 3v3 within MyPark.

Last edited by sschevyridah; 10-14-2015 at 12:07 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »