Home

Point of Making an SG

This is a discussion on Point of Making an SG within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-14-2015, 01:57 PM   #9
Rookie

ReRo's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Point of Making an SG

Caps really are brutal this year and not well balanced at all.

I made a 6'5 SG (inside) and my cap for speed is 80. Since cap for 3pt is 73, that is not well balanced, especially since ball handling is capped at 75. To be a slashing SG with such a low outside shot (btw midrange is also at a ridiculously low cap at 75), I should be much more explosive and a better ball handler, since I must have the ball in my possession to be effective. Speed cap for an inside SG at 6'5 should be at around 88-90, with ball handling at 80-85. I am trying to emulate a player like Wade, but he was MUCH more explosive than 80 in his prime, not to mention his ball handling. These caps for ball handling and speed are understandable if your outside shot is 85+, not for an inside scorer.
Old 10-14-2015, 01:57 PM   #10
Lockdown Defender

Rockie_Fresh88's Arena

OVR: 17

Ppl asked me the same question because I made a PF and a SG.

PF instead of center because I rather play further out from the basket and I like having another defender behind me. I can play center too

SG because I want good shooting and playmaking but I prefer to play off ball . I don't like having the ball in my hands all the time or bringing the ball up every play
#1 Laker fan
First Team Defense !!!
Old 10-14-2015, 02:09 PM   #11
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockie_Fresh88
Ppl asked me the same question because I made a PF and a SG.

PF instead of center because I rather play further out from the basket and I like having another defender behind me. I can play center too

SG because I want good shooting and playmaking but I prefer to play off ball . I don't like having the ball in my hands all the time or bringing the ball up every play
But you can choose to play off ball, especially if you play like a 2.

The shooting is better on a PG as well, look up the stats, a outside Pg at you height would be a better player plus have the ability to call plays and run the defense.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-14-2015, 02:13 PM   #12
Lockdown Defender

Rockie_Fresh88's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReRo
Caps really are brutal this year and not well balanced at all.

I made a 6'5 SG (inside) and my cap for speed is 80. Since cap for 3pt is 73, that is not well balanced, especially since ball handling is capped at 75. To be a slashing SG with such a low outside shot (btw midrange is also at a ridiculously low cap at 75), I should be much more explosive and a better ball handler, since I must have the ball in my possession to be effective. Speed cap for an inside SG at 6'5 should be at around 88-90, with ball handling at 80-85. I am trying to emulate a player like Wade, but he was MUCH more explosive than 80 in his prime, not to mention his ball handling. These caps for ball handling and speed are understandable if your outside shot is 85+, not for an inside scorer.
Seems like you should've went balanced . You didn't mention was that inside gives you higher dunking and finishing . This is exactly why we had so many alike players last year even big men were fast and could dribble. Pick your strength and your weakness. BTW with the the "legends" scale toward ratings 75 mid and 80 speed is not bad especially for a primarily inside scorer. It's not like anybody will catch you. Most SFs will only go any where in the 70s. Most PFs 60s speed . Centers 50s. So what's the problem ?
#1 Laker fan
First Team Defense !!!
Old 10-14-2015, 02:15 PM   #13
Lockdown Defender

Rockie_Fresh88's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by I_am_legend417
But you can choose to play off ball, especially if you play like a 2.

The shooting is better on a PG as well, look up the stats, a outside Pg at you height would be a better player plus have the ability to call plays and run the defense.
I don't even need that for my squad at the pro am . I need a little more height but some playmaking ability . I need to defend . How tall are y'all making the PGs?
#1 Laker fan
First Team Defense !!!
Old 10-14-2015, 02:17 PM   #14
Rookie

OVR: 2
Point of Making an SG

Quote:
Seems like you should've went balanced . You didn't mention was that inside gives you higher dunking and finishing . This is exactly why we had so many alike players last year even big men were fast and could dribble. Pick your strength and your weakness. BTW with the the "legends" scale toward ratings 75 mid and 80 speed is not bad especially for a primarily inside scorer. It's not like anybody will catch you. Most SFs will only go any where in the 70s. Most PFs 60s speed . Centers 50s. So what's the problem ?

The problem is there shouldn't be a drop off between PG & SG where the only advantage an SG has at a comparable height is finishing/dunking.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 10-14-2015, 02:20 PM   #15
Lockdown Defender

Rockie_Fresh88's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by KDurant35
The problem is there shouldn't be a drop off between PG & SG where the only advantage an SG has at a comparable height is finishing/dunking.

That's a huge advantage . Remember when D wade started off as a point guard ?
#1 Laker fan
First Team Defense !!!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-14-2015, 02:32 PM   #16
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
That's a huge advantage . Remember when D wade started off as a point guard ?

Yes, but I'm talking about in-game, the caps are too low for an SG. I like to do a little playmaking, but what's the use if my ball control is capped really low? I might as well make a PG because I'll have a higher ball control cap.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »