Home

Small Forwards are imbalanced. SG,SF, and PFs need Boosts.

This is a discussion on Small Forwards are imbalanced. SG,SF, and PFs need Boosts. within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-14-2015, 04:42 PM   #9
Lockdown Defender

Rockie_Fresh88's Arena

OVR: 17
Re: Small Forwards are imbalanced. SG,SF, and PFs need Boosts.

I've seen really good players at every position .

SFs can get both post lockdown and perimeter lockdown. PFs have the ability to be big and a little more agile than centers and have higher shooting. SGs also have higher shooting and finishing than point guards. They are in between positions whereas the PG and centers are more extreme
#1 Laker fan
First Team Defense !!!

Last edited by Rockie_Fresh88; 10-14-2015 at 04:46 PM.
Old 10-14-2015, 04:48 PM   #10
MVP

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockie_Fresh88
I've seen really good players at every position .

SFs can get both post lockdown and perimeter lockdown. PFs have the ability to be big and a little more agile than centers and have higher shooting. SGs also have higher shooting and finishing than point guards. They are in between positions whereas the PG and centers are more extreme
Not saying there aren't, but there's a couple caps that simply seem way out of place.
Old 10-14-2015, 04:58 PM   #11
MVP

hanzsomehanz's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caelumfang
The ball control cap at SG irritates the hell out of me, it's as if no one but PGs can dribble and hold on to the ball for more than 3 seconds. And when you tie in how high steals can go as opposed to ball control, it seems rather one-sided.
Ball control in traffic is tough for everyone to handle due to the new collision system.

I also try not to hold the ball for more than 3s in ISO dribbles but I can attest that badges do help to close some of these gaps.

The one dribble move that is atrocious for me is the spin and I do not have the spin kingpin badge. I need it and hopefully I will see a big improvement there.

I moreso want at least a max of 80 on ball control for outside and inside gaurds because 80 gives you access to certain dribble effectiveness just as you n33d something like at least 90 on driving layup to perform adjusted layups.

The Outside SG does not and should not get access to these dribbles but he should get access to shooting prowess that the inside and balanced SG do not have access to.

I'm not asking for 90+ in handles or speed but a solid 80 to 85 yes on ball control for balanced and inside SG - anything below 80 is not fulfilling at these two skillsets.

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-14-2015, 05:01 PM   #12
Rookie

myathebee's Arena

SF's are complete garbage...Your better making a 6'8 SG.

The caps are ridiculous..The best positions in the game are PG and Center. Everything else is unbalanced or weak.

Last edited by myathebee; 10-14-2015 at 05:04 PM.
Old 10-14-2015, 05:21 PM   #13
Pro

dnyce87's Arena

Keep in mind the driving layups are also worse than a PG for wing positions. So I would imagine dunking being worse for PG's than wing positions, but that is not the case. PG IMO is the best all around position. You can still rebound occasionally with high vertical, and size pending. Your speed and acceleration are much higher than all positions putting you at elite level in athleticism. Ball handling, and passing ability are also higher. Blocking you almost get 70 with boost pending on your size. Your shooting is the same or higher as a SG. Defensive abilities like stealing and your lateral quickness are better than all positions. Can't forget STRENGTH! As a PG with boost you can obtain 90+ strength boost pending on size as well. If you're a really good 2k player then u know how to abuse taller defenders who can block your shot due to size.

Centers are extremely dominant and nothing need be more said about being massive at 7'3 max weight and wing span. They play the position how it is supposed to be played, minus setting a screen in the paint and cheesing for good rebounding position and can't be boxed out (2k gotta clean this up so when shot goes in the air u cannot do "setting the screen cheese").
Old 10-14-2015, 05:28 PM   #14
MVP

infam0us's Arena

OVR: 10

I've been a SF every year since MyCareer became a thing and this year I definitely had to change my style up. A lot of spot up shooting and working off ball because my guy cant do anything if he has to dribble.
Old 10-14-2015, 05:34 PM   #15
Lockdown Defender

Rockie_Fresh88's Arena

OVR: 17

Big centers are really slow and don't defend well outside of the paint. PFs defend better there. Again as a SF you have the ability to get post and perimeter lockdown defender . You can negate just about every badge. PGS shooting is not higher than a SG.of the same height or dunking .
#1 Laker fan
First Team Defense !!!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-14-2015, 05:39 PM   #16
Banned

Kobrakai's Arena

This all comes back down to 2K's stupid "bucket" skill system instead of just letting us upgrade individual stats like in previous years. The caps are just a bandaid on an open wound.

Sent from my HTC_0PJA10 using Tapatalk

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »