Home

PLAYERS WITH WIDE OPEN SHOTS DIVING TO THE PAINT WHEN YOU PASS TO THEM?!?!?!

This is a discussion on PLAYERS WITH WIDE OPEN SHOTS DIVING TO THE PAINT WHEN YOU PASS TO THEM?!?!?! within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-15-2015, 01:13 AM   #17
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: PLAYERS WITH WIDE OPEN SHOTS DIVING TO THE PAINT WHEN YOU PASS TO THEM?!?!?!

The thing that really stood out in the video was the fact that his guy missed a wide open fast break layup because a defender was kinda near him. This is probably why the op wanted him to not dive to the hoop. Layups are simply to inconsistent in this game for users.
Old 10-15-2015, 01:48 AM   #18
Rookie

OVR: 6
Re: PLAYERS WITH WIDE OPEN SHOTS DIVING TO THE PAINT WHEN YOU PASS TO THEM?!?!?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackzagal
That play looks fine to me, BUT I agree that sometimes the players will inexplicably go to a crowded paint with no real reason. I play MyCareer only and it's frustrating how my team mates seem obsessed with going to the paint despite having wide-open mid-range or 3pt shots; you pass it, they get it WIDE OPEN in a corner and they try to swarn the paint and make as contact as possible with the defenders. In fact, I thought you were going to show some play like that...
Yes so you know exactly what type of play I'm talking about, I can't find any clips of players doing that but yes it's very frustrating.
Old 10-15-2015, 01:51 AM   #19
Rookie

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by btrapp
The thing that really stood out in the video was the fact that his guy missed a wide open fast break layup because a defender was kinda near him. This is probably why the op wanted him to not dive to the hoop. Layups are simply to inconsistent in this game for users.
I opted to shoot a corner 3 for a few reasons 1) I was playing a friend and we have an inside joke where there is an "exploit" in the game where you push the ball & hit a man in the corner on a fast break for a three and it'll always go in. 2) It was my only shooter on the team, I wanted him to do what a shooter would typically do & 3) It's more fun to me, anyone can get a steal and run in for a dunk, I wanted to challenge myself by taking a jumper on a fast break.
Old 10-15-2015, 03:24 AM   #20
Rookie

Jordanmike6's Arena

OVR: 0

I discovered yesterday night on 2k11 when you dribble on the opposite side direction on a fastbreak, the opposite player go in the same direction, so on your fastbreak you dribble in the bottom of the TV, your player teamate make the same thing.
Īm not sure of that.
Old 10-15-2015, 07:25 AM   #21
Rookie

OVR: 0

The only way you can stop or avoid that is to pass the ball before the receiver runs passed the 3pt line. So you have to give the ball up early. I learned from MyPark in 2k14, that your teammate who was user controlled would lose control of his player on a fastbreak once he ran pass the 3pt line & dive to the paint instead of going where he commanded. Once I learned that I realized it was the same for your AI teammates in all other modes.

So on a fastbreak you have to make decisions on the fly, so if you know the receiver is passed the 3pt line he will always dive to the rim before he will go where the lead passing is directing.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »