Home

PLAYERS WITH WIDE OPEN SHOTS DIVING TO THE PAINT WHEN YOU PASS TO THEM?!?!?!

This is a discussion on PLAYERS WITH WIDE OPEN SHOTS DIVING TO THE PAINT WHEN YOU PASS TO THEM?!?!?! within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-14-2015, 05:39 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 6
PLAYERS WITH WIDE OPEN SHOTS DIVING TO THE PAINT WHEN YOU PASS TO THEM?!?!?!

Seriously, why does this happen with EVERY 2K? I have icon lead passing on and on top of that I lead the player into the spot furthest away from traffic just to be safe and the open man is still diving into the paint. This even happens for players who are ONLY good at shooting, it's ridiculous. Does anyone else have this problem or can someone tell me how to fix it?

Below is an example of players paint diving, if I actually saved every time it happens I'd run of of space in my 1TB hard drive:

Start at 14 seconds, I'm using the control to lead Middleton up to the corner yet he runs towards the basket

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-14-2015, 05:48 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: PLAYERS WITH WIDE OPEN SHOTS DIVING TO THE PAINT WHEN YOU PASS TO THEM?!?!?!

Letters that turn into CAPS every time I start a thread!

C
A
P
S
!!!
Old 10-14-2015, 06:01 PM   #3
Pro

MrBallaBoy21's Arena

OVR: 8
Re: PLAYERS WITH WIDE OPEN SHOTS DIVING TO THE PAINT WHEN YOU PASS TO THEM?!?!?!

Well....that WAS the right basketball play
Old 10-14-2015, 06:34 PM   #4
Rookie

100% agree with you I play with the bucks and nothing frustrates me more when I'm trying to pass it to the corner for three only for my guys to drive and it gets tipped and ends up being a turnover. Why would copeland drive to paint where there are defenders.
Old 10-14-2015, 06:41 PM   #5
MVP

UnbelievablyRAW's Arena

OVR: 5

Your video is a bad example (because that is actually what he's supposed to do) but it happens a lot. The paint could literally be packed with people and my guys will all converge into it anyway when the corners are unguarded.

If you're talking about the game making you do a lead pass into the paint to people that are standing open away from the paint (leading to a turnover), that has been happening in 2k for years.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-14-2015, 07:21 PM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBallaBoy21
Well....that WAS the right basketball play
Well if that's the case the right basketball play then we'd never have people open for jumpers in this game. Because if that's the logic that means whenever a player is open you're suggesting that him diving to the paint is the right thing to do simply because it's the "right basketball play". This is just 1 example of many.

Last edited by morningstar777; 10-14-2015 at 07:25 PM.
Old 10-14-2015, 07:30 PM   #7
All Star

ksuttonjr76's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by morningstar777
Well if that's the case the right basketball play then we'd never have people open for jumpers in this game. Because if that's the logic that means whenever a player is open you're suggesting that him diving to the paint is the right thing to do simply because it's the "right basketball play". This is just 1 example of many.
Good thing you edited your original comment...

Diving for the rim when there's no defender between you and the rim should be a no brainer decision no matter what. I would choke the h*ll out of a player if he took an open jumper instead of going in for the uncontested dunk/layup.

However, your video was a bad example.
Old 10-14-2015, 07:32 PM   #8
Pro

MrBallaBoy21's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by morningstar777
Bruh don't let your rage take away your better judgement. That turned into a 2v2 fastbreak and the paint defender was edging toward the ball handler. If I would've gone to the corner to shoot a 3 in that situation when I was playing ball, whether I made the shot or not my butt was going to the bench.

I'm not saying it doesn't happen, it's been happening in 2k for a while now. But I cannot look at that play and understand you being mad at anything other than Middleton blowing the layup.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »