Home

Winning in MyCareer?

This is a discussion on Winning in MyCareer? within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-16-2015, 06:34 PM   #33
MVP

Taer's Arena

OVR: 7
Re: Winning in MyCareer?

Quote:
Originally Posted by kbb33
... I can't do anything to stop said problem. I can't help that for some reason Carter-Williams, who's 3PT and Mid-Range are both 60 and below can go 4/4 while contested. That has never been a problem on ANY 2k.

Theres no reason why centers like Lucas Noguera can post Noah up and hit post fades from Mid-Range and make it. HOF or NOT. There is no fair chance against other teams when your teammates simply leave their assignment for no apparent reason and can't close out quick enough!

It is a A.I problem, its not that it's too hard. I play great with the team on OFFENSE. Rose,Butler, and Gasol all put up 15+ points a game. But when teams like Detroit and the 76ers (Who are horrid from 3) can make 14 threes a game because my teammate A.I is standing in the paint for some reason instead of guarding their man, what more can I do about that?
3-point contesting has always been an issue at least since 2K14. This year it is worse because the wingspan issue does effect it and make the ai positioning screwed up more. This is something 2K will hopefully improve on.

With that said, there is a lot you can do. I just got done playing the Bucks myself. So I can talk with concrete examples here: I play on the Lakers.

With regards to MCW: to shut him down, I had to play him hard from full-court. I tried to bump him at least twice before he crossed the line and I continually pushed him on the perimeter. He made 2 before fatigue started hitting him and after that, as long as I contested him, he missed.

As far as my teammates not closing properly: only advance shading and initiating rotation early helps deal with this. This has been the case since 2K14, but up until last year, you could push your guy nearer to the opponent. This year you can't do this so you gotta flip the logic into "changing" sooner than later.

As far as inside: I'm not having issues with Hibbert, Mahinmi, Randle or Chandler moving ... are you playing with play-calling off or on and are you changing your PoE at all?

Edit: I've seen others complain about Rose: Maybe something is off with his fatigue or defensive ratings. I don't have much experience with him, sorry.

Last edited by Taer; 10-16-2015 at 06:36 PM.
Old 10-16-2015, 07:01 PM   #34
Always Sonny Somewhere

SonnyFranchise's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taer
3-point contesting has always been an issue at least since 2K14. This year it is worse because the wingspan issue does effect it and make the ai positioning screwed up more. This is something 2K will hopefully improve on.

With that said, there is a lot you can do. I just got done playing the Bucks myself. So I can talk with concrete examples here: I play on the Lakers.

With regards to MCW: to shut him down, I had to play him hard from full-court. I tried to bump him at least twice before he crossed the line and I continually pushed him on the perimeter. He made 2 before fatigue started hitting him and after that, as long as I contested him, he missed.

As far as my teammates not closing properly: only advance shading and initiating rotation early helps deal with this. This has been the case since 2K14, but up until last year, you could push your guy nearer to the opponent. This year you can't do this so you gotta flip the logic into "changing" sooner than later.

As far as inside: I'm not having issues with Hibbert, Mahinmi, Randle or Chandler moving ... are you playing with play-calling off or on and are you changing your PoE at all?

Edit: I've seen others complain about Rose: Maybe something is off with his fatigue or defensive ratings. I don't have much experience with him, sorry.
I'm not the one guarding the players, for the most part in MyCareer my man never scores over 15 Points. (Lebron being the exception)

As far as inside, its not moving per-se but its Noah and Gasol constantly being out of position and not actually guarding their man, vs the Spurs Gasol hangs out in the paint and lets Aldridge destroy him from three.

Vs the Hornets, Jefferson had around 7 dunks if I'm remembering correctly because Noah was not actually playing on him, He was in the area but not close enough to actually make a difference. Leading to Jefferson dropping 40 and 13 on us.

In post up situations we pick up a LOT of fouls, Noah averages around 3-4 a game due to post-up foul animations. Has gone down since switching back to default.

But also in the post Noah blocks a good bit of shots, but its not posting that is the problem, the problem is the A.I doesn't seem to know their matchups strengths. (Aldridge being a great shooter) and allows for the other teams bigs to kill us.

On the perimeter as you said, Rose is a problem. He struggles to guard Pierre Jackson (76ers). Butler usually locks his man up, but their has been times where he gets ran off of screens the whole game and never adjusts (going over the screen/switching) and he keeps getting killed, an example is vs the Warriors or the Mavericks where he guarded Parsons and allowed him to score 26. Its just simple things that if they get fixed enough to give them some type of a chance vs lesser rated CPU opponents, then the game itself would be great. I kill the CPU as a player (6'8 SF, 88 OVR), recently got posterizer. But alone I can't do the "Play like a HOF'er to win" theory. I do it every game, but it just doesnt work.
Old 10-16-2015, 10:07 PM   #35
MVP

Taer's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by kbb33
I'm not the one guarding the players, for the most part in MyCareer my man never scores over 15 Points. (Lebron being the exception) ...

But alone I can't do the "Play like a HOF'er to win" theory. I do it every game, but it just doesnt work.
The only thing I would suggest here is to force a switch of who you are guarding by manually taking over with MCW while he is getting the offense set up. I do this sort of thing, sometimes just to disrupt. Yes, you lose some teammate grade but you make up for it and your experienced enough that it should not matter.

It is good that hero ball is being addressed in MC. This mode is the introduction for competitive online modes and it should set expectations at the beginning.

So, while I feel your frustration - and support improving ai logic and issues like spacing - I can't agree with tuning the game to HoF difficulty.

Anyways, this discussion turned to be better than I thought it would. I hope your enjoyment of 2K16 gets better as the season progresses.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-16-2015, 10:59 PM   #36
Always Sonny Somewhere

SonnyFranchise's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taer
The only thing I would suggest here is to force a switch of who you are guarding by manually taking over with MCW while he is getting the offense set up. I do this sort of thing, sometimes just to disrupt. Yes, you lose some teammate grade but you make up for it and your experienced enough that it should not matter.

It is good that hero ball is being addressed in MC. This mode is the introduction for competitive online modes and it should set expectations at the beginning.

So, while I feel your frustration - and support improving ai logic and issues like spacing - I can't agree with tuning the game to HoF difficulty.

Anyways, this discussion turned to be better than I thought it would. I hope your enjoyment of 2K16 gets better as the season progresses.
We can only hope for just a improvement to Defensive A.I, they can leave offense alone
Old 10-17-2015, 05:44 AM   #37
Rookie

If anything, offense in MC is actually too easy. Even on HoF it's not that hard to average HoF numbers.

However, the problem is that all games are scoring contests on HoF. Defense doesn't matter because one of your teammates will screw up anyway, in any given possession.

I play on OKC and Kevin Durant consistently loses to Chandler Parsons 1v1. With Chandler ISOing. That's just sad.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »