Home

So I can't make a Michael Jordan, Kobe Bryant, Lebron James, Kevin Durant in MyCareer

This is a discussion on So I can't make a Michael Jordan, Kobe Bryant, Lebron James, Kevin Durant in MyCareer within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-17-2015, 03:39 PM   #145
Pro

dnyce87's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: So I can't make a Michael Jordan, Kobe Bryant, Lebron James, Kevin Durant in MyCa

Quote:
Originally Posted by tru11
so you are just posting off topic stuff here?
None is off topic read the last 10 pages my friend. It all revolves around the type of player one wants and how as a community we can come together and help each other out making suugestions, giving advice, etc. If you're here to be a moderator then talk to whoever runs the website and direct this thread to them and they can decide what is off topic. Thanks.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-17-2015, 03:51 PM   #146
MVP

tru11's Arena

Re: So I can't make a Michael Jordan, Kobe Bryant, Lebron James, Kevin Durant in MyCa

Quote:
Originally Posted by dnyce87
None is off topic read the last 10 pages my friend. It all revolves around the type of player one wants and how as a community we can come together and help each other out making suugestions, giving advice, etc. If you're here to be a moderator then talk to whoever runs the website and direct this thread to them and they can decide what is off topic. Thanks.

thread is about caps ...

i was asking if your post had any relation to it and judging by your reaction it did not.

no need to get salty lol
Old 10-17-2015, 05:57 PM   #147
MVP

hanzsomehanz's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockie_Fresh88
I understood u the first time when I used the shooter example . Not every good mid shooter is a good 3 or shooter .

What I'm saying is that sounds good in theory but look at the 2k community last year . Everyone was a 7ft.im actually seeing differences in height and even scoring ability . Some players can't even dunk .

That's a good idea for offline play though. But for online another video will drop and say these are the only attributes you should waist attribute points on and everyone will be the same again . Just like the last last 2 years
The caps are refreshing.

I certainly advocate that the caps can coexist with an attribute upgrade system that upgrades attributes individually and not in fixed groups.

I also want to point out that your same fear and apprehension expressed in the last paragraph exists now as much as it did then. Give it some time after Christmas and again at Easter and we will be seeing the same videos regarding the best type of player to build in 2K16.

To the above, these new tutorials wouldn't even educate on maxing your player out either because there is still so little threshold for maximum supremacy at the max cap for many attributes per play style and position / height. The YouTubing pundits will basically help you build your best 88 over caliber player based on the gist of 75 attribute bars you begin with.

I understand that the max players now under the current system are more park friendly than the demigods of *2K15 that existed under the old system albeit those demigods for the most part were not able to reach 99 let alone 90+ for the most part - they usually neglected defense and rebounding.

There is more to the *2K16 experience than ratings and caps alone - the game mechanics themselves were overhauled and have revolutionized how we hoop in the Park - I have a sweet sentiment for many of these game play tweaks and new mechanics.

Sent from my SM-T330NU using Tapatalk

Last edited by hanzsomehanz; 10-17-2015 at 06:03 PM.
Old 10-17-2015, 07:50 PM   #148
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by I_am_legend417
This, but

Why the hell do you want to make a 7'3 center that can shoot like Ray Allen?

Yao Ming is on of the most awkward playing players ever, so was Manute Bol. They could never shoot like Ray Allen, it seem physically implausible. Name a 7'3 player that could ever shoot amazingly?

I do not understand this.

Aren't the MyPark Cards counter productive to this whole arguement.

Also the stats that we want are Real players stats not some fantastical players.

Kobe Bryant. Dominique Wilkins, Michal Jordan, Tracy McGrady, Lebron James. Dr J, Magic Johnson. All players that were relatively fast that excelled in categories.

I want to make an MJ/Kobe Clone, great Mid Rage Game, can hit the three when open, quick off the dribble, quick up the court, some of the toughest defenders in the game.

I want this but I also would like their prime game, less dunking, more playmaking and being able to take people off the dribble.

So I chose balanced. But guess what...
Balanced doesn't even compare to the cards above.

Kobe may not have Kyrie Handle but defenders are still scared of him.

I think connecting speed and athleticism is ridiculous. The fastest guys in the NBA aren't necessarily the best Dunkers.
this is why i made an outside 6"6 point guard
Old 10-18-2015, 05:45 PM   #149
Rookie

I guess after reading this thread , my question is , do you want to MAKE MJ , KD, KB , LBJ , D-Rose etc or do you want to play like them?

Coming from someone who plays offline and online... My PG ratings aren't equal to D-Rose or Westbrook ( Only 6'3 185 right now a 71 Ovr because I don't by VC , I like playing Mycareer for the development) but even with a driving dunk of only 55 I dunked on Deandre Jordan and got the accolade "dunk on someone with a high dunk raiting" using pick and roll and getting good position... hell when I was a 60 ovr I recorded a Triple Double , 26 pts 10 ast and 10 reb (on HOF) ... so the rating caps arent a problem to me , even offline... If I want my PG to play like D-Rose , i'm gonna play like him... if I want him like Stockton , I'm gonna play like him...

It really sounds like tears from the cheesers so to speak... I mean ... Lebron is fast yes , but most complain about the cap on SF ball handling, but how many SF's in the league are crossing people up like Curry? or Kyrie? ...

I can agree with the stat caps maybe one day being placed different.. i.e maxing out offensive stats caps defensive and rebounding stats ..

But the tears of not being able to MAKE the next MJ or LBJ or KOBE is a little ridiculous... your stats don't have to reflect the superstars... your play style can

Don't think so?

My MyGM i'm using the Kings and i play every game on HOF ... and Rudy Gay is front runner for MVP avg 28ppg 12 Reb and 6 ast... his stats aren't near Lebron or KD , but i set him up perfectly ...

So think about that...and ask yourself OP.. Do you just wanna make A legend or Play like a Legend. because making a replica is impossible with the caps ... but playing like one isn't ...
Old 10-18-2015, 06:08 PM   #150
Rookie

syk_skillz's Arena

OVR: 6

They should have it where when you reach a certain attribute it stops going up for park but you can increase it for My Career. Basically 2 different attribute boost grids that go up at the same time you upgrade one but MP caps are lower for MC
Old 10-18-2015, 06:38 PM   #151
Rookie

Ironically you can make the greatest center ever
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-19-2015, 01:08 AM   #152
MVP

ViolenceFight's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yesh2k
OK, I left career alone and just played park, but I'm not much of a fan of rivals weekend unless a couple of guys I play with regularly are around as playing with randoms against the cheesiest players the other parks have to offer is a guaranteed fast track to high blood pressure and losses!

I have a 6'3 outside PG and I decided to go back into MC on HoF sim. I've played 3 games (12 min quarters) today - blew the pistons out by 15, Boston by 18, and Houston by 2.

I think playing in park helped me familiarise myself with all the new controls. Even though my shooting column is maxed level 20, and I also have the boost, I'm still really struggling with shooting at times - especially 3's, but after reading about extra penalties for bumps and stuff, I'm really mindful of when I can and can't take shots these days. I know my jumper and pepper the line with it, but I just miss so many easy shots that I just don't really understand.

I've had 2 triple dubs and one quad dub, and was only 2 blocks away from a quintuple dub with my pg! I feel as though I've got past my issues with shooting and feel as though I can get back to enjoying career mode. The break away has definitely given me time to work the game out in my own head.
Yeah. The game has a definite learning curve this year. Some people will adapt immediately, some people need time to adjust. Once you adjust, take a step back and familiarize yourself with what's going on under the hood mechanically...

...the game lives and breathes in a more organic way.

There's a LOT going on this year, and there seems to be a gazillion subsystems going at once. It can be daunting, but man, once it clicks.....you just start murdering dudes.

PSN: ViolenceFight
Instagram: @ViolenceFight

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »