Home

The fake turnovers in this game need to be addressed

This is a discussion on The fake turnovers in this game need to be addressed within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-16-2015, 08:16 PM   #73
Just some guy

mrprice33's Arena

OVR: 16
Re: The fake turnovers in this game need to be addressed

Quote:
Originally Posted by landman2069
What really should have happened was Ross should be cutting hard to the basket for either a lob pass or rebound opportunity with the shot clock almost out. What good is a spot up 3 in that position? Point guards screener is in passers way for the spot up. It was correct to either get out of the way for the pick by moving to Kobe or cut to the hoop forcing the defense to scramble.

Bad pass for user to make here. I've done it a ton of times before I realized that I have to slow down, read and react to teammate movement and run plays. Users are too used to turbo usage and rash decisions with ai bailing them out and leading to a dunk or 3. This year is so much improved and many will complain about parts being broken but it is not.

I want turbo use to tire players twice as fast as normal so it is used as a last resort. In real life if you're flying all over at max speed you're not in the game very long because you are dead tired and you can forget about shot accuracy because you've got no legs left. That's the real issue 2k should fix!
It's probably good for about 1.1-1.2 points per possession. If he settles just above the break he's wide open.

And no, the screener is not in the way, as he's moving backwards as the pass is being thrown.
Old 10-16-2015, 08:18 PM   #74
DC
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 39

Quote:
Originally Posted by The 24th Letter
Well you still have to account for players momentum, Ross was already moving....just like if a player was cutting they wouldn't come to a complete stop just b/c lead passing is off..

OP I think there's a setting for complete passing control....you likely would've thrown the ball out of bounds there if that's what you prefer...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
And not to mention it is technically a skip pass since you are passing it from one half of the court to the other. (It crosses the mid line). So anyway you slice it, it is NOT a good pass.

You lead him.
He was already in motion.
It was a skip pass (risky)

I also would have held Down/Back to cancel out his momentum so he wouldn't catch the ball where he attempted to catch it. Like someone said, the back shoulder pass should have been used here

Last edited by DC; 10-16-2015 at 08:22 PM.
Old 10-16-2015, 08:35 PM   #75
All Star

ksuttonjr76's Arena

OVR: 0

So if it was a bad pass, then what was the alternative decision?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-16-2015, 08:42 PM   #76
Rookie

I know exactly what the op is talking about. It feels as if 2k force lead passes to create turnovers. This happens a lot with the pick and rolls. Your screener is running directly toward the basket but for some reason when you pass ball, the screener would run outside the paint and run toward a defender for a automatic steal

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

Last edited by FR3SH1; 10-16-2015 at 08:48 PM.
Old 10-16-2015, 08:47 PM   #77
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksuttonjr76
Honestly, I have to agree with the poster. It's NOT user error. Ross looked like he was going to spot up, then he suddenly changed direction. At the TIME of the icon pass, it was a good pass, and it's a pass that I would make in real life. It was basically an open shot had he not darted for the corner.

If it was a true miscommunication in real life, the ball would have been thrown out of bounds.
Exactly. The user teammates would be in a position to catch and shoot wide open. But for some reason as soon as you pass to them they tend to run toward a defender and cause you to have a turnover. I been felt this since last year. But I figured I was the only person who really felt like this was a issue.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk
Old 10-16-2015, 09:59 PM   #78
DC
Hall Of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksuttonjr76
So if it was a bad pass, then what was the alternative decision?
Use your dribble to shorten the passing distance. THEN make the pass
Old 10-16-2015, 10:18 PM   #79
MVP

UnbelievablyRAW's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by DC
Use your dribble to shorten the passing distance. THEN make the pass
So to be clear, you are of the opinion that Lowry (from where he is standing) is too far away from Ross to pass it to him (where he is standing with the icon over his head) and have Ross stop and catch the ball. Correct?

Old 10-16-2015, 10:38 PM   #80
DC
Hall Of Fame

That is a long pass to make is all I am saying. So I chalk it up to user error.

Because of the distance
Because you clearly commanded him to the spot in which he was supposed to catch the ball (Lead Pass).

If anything, if you were in fact going to make the pass, you should have kept the Left stick at ZERO or threw it behind him so he had to turn around to catch the pass.

Give me a second to draw something up for you.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »