Home

The fake turnovers in this game need to be addressed

This is a discussion on The fake turnovers in this game need to be addressed within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-15-2015, 08:03 PM   #9
ERA

The 24th Letter's Arena

OVR: 38
Re: The fake turnovers in this game need to be addressed

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnbelievablyRAW
Another one.

https://vid.me/4ljR

Look at where Ross is when you see his "O" icon appear over his head (indicating that I'm passing to him at that position) and look at where the game made me pass the ball.

Hilarious

Understand what you mean by some of he passes....but your passing to a guy with momentum in this situation-looks likes on his way to screen for DD...instantly stopping to get that pass if anything would've been "fake"

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 10-15-2015, 08:44 PM   #10
MVP

UnbelievablyRAW's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by The 24th Letter
Understand what you mean by some of he passes....but your passing to a guy with momentum in this situation-looks likes on his way to screen for DD...instantly stopping to get that pass if anything would've been "fake"

I think you're missing the point. Look at where Ross is, and look at where the game made Lowry pass the ball. Why is Lowry doing a lead pass towards the exact position Kobe is standing in (wonderful coincidence), when (like I stated in OP) icon lead passing is off?
Old 10-15-2015, 09:09 PM   #11
Rookie

Guccilafluer's Arena

OVR: 2
The fake turnovers in this game need to be addressed

Quote:
I think you're missing the point. Look at where Ross is, and look at where the game made Lowry pass the ball. Why is Lowry doing a lead pass towards the exact position Kobe is standing in (wonderful coincidence), when (like I stated in OP) icon lead passing is off?

We aren't missing the point, you threw the ball to two players that were in motion and your passing player tried to "lead" them and because of this you turned the ball over.

You can call it fake or whatever but, this happened to me about 2-3 times before I said to myself "hmmm I can't do that because then I'll turn the ball over" the pass to Ross is absolutely an awful pass even if it was on point, as soon as he would have caught it, boom defender in his face.

Btw you could improve your stick skills and combat this "fake turnover" you speak of by aiming the pass the other direction.

Sounds like fake outrage, not fake turnover.

Last edited by Guccilafluer; 10-15-2015 at 09:16 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-15-2015, 09:18 PM   #12
Pro

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guccilafluer
your passing player tried to "lead" them and because of this you turned the ball over.
I think that's the point. He's asking why his player is lead passing in the manner it is. In those types of situations a lead pass to the space where the ball ended up is a bad idea. The user isn't initiating that, he has icon lead passing turned off.
Old 10-15-2015, 09:19 PM   #13
Rookie

Guccilafluer's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scofield
I think that's the point. He's asking why his player is lead passing in the manner it is. In those types of situations a lead pass to the space where the ball ended up is a bad idea. The user isn't initiating that, he has icon lead passing turned off.

I get that, but if a player is running towards a direction, what other option would he have. And even if that IS the case you can directionally pass the opposite direction to combat it.

Old 10-15-2015, 09:20 PM   #14
Pro

Quote:
Another one.

https://vid.me/4ljR

Look at where Ross is when you see his "O" icon appear over his head (indicating that I'm passing to him at that position) and look at where the game made me pass the ball.

Hilarious
I think you're right in general but passing to Ross in that situation was not the best choice.
Old 10-15-2015, 09:24 PM   #15
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guccilafluer
I get that, but if a player is running towards a direction, what other option would he have. And even if that IS the case you can directionally pass the opposite direction to combat it.

In football the back shoulder fade is a good example. In some cases the receiver is forced to slow down and adjust to the ball, thereby losing his defender and catching the pass when he might otherwise not be open.

I've seen pgs like Cp3 talk about doing much the same thing in some situations. That particular video isn't the best example of the problem though...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-15-2015, 09:26 PM   #16
Rookie

Guccilafluer's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scofield
In football the back shoulder fade is a good example. In some cases the receiver is forced to slow down and adjust to the ball, thereby losing his defender and catching the pass when he might otherwise not be open.

I've seen pgs like Cp3 talk about doing much the same thing in some situations. That particular video isn't the best example of the problem though...

I know exactly what you're saying and I know professional athletes can do it, hell I can do it lol, but video games are dumb compared to us.

It's a flaw but it happens maybe once a game, if it's happening more than that, you are making the mistake.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »