Home

The fake turnovers in this game need to be addressed

This is a discussion on The fake turnovers in this game need to be addressed within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-15-2015, 09:32 PM   #17
MVP

UnbelievablyRAW's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: The fake turnovers in this game need to be addressed

Seems you have trouble understanding my posts, its okay, happens to the best of us.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guccilafluer
We aren't missing the point, you threw the ball to two players that were in motion and your passing player tried to "lead" them and because of this you turned the ball over.
Re-read my post. My issue was exactly what you're describing. Lowry shouldn't be doing something that I didn't explicitly pressed. Maybe reading this comment for a third time will finally let it click for you. I made it clear that icon lead passing is turned off for me, so the passer shouldn't be doing any lead passes in the first place. I'd rather Ross run off towards DD and have me throw the ball out of bounds in the place where I intended him to catch it then the CPU force me to do an uninitiated lead pass

Quote:
You can call it fake or whatever but, this happened to me about 2-3 times before I said to myself "hmmm I can't do that because then I'll turn the ball over".
Implying that this happens over and over for me in this situation lmao. It doesn't. If you wish, I could post that exact same situation again with the player I pass the ball to stopping and catching the ball where I intended him to catch the ball. Comment was cute though

Quote:
Btw you could improve your stick skills and combat this "fake turnover" you speak of by aiming the pass the other direction.

Sounds like fake outrage, not fake turnover.
Sounds like you're frustrated bud. You okay?

Last edited by UnbelievablyRAW; 10-15-2015 at 09:34 PM.
Old 10-15-2015, 09:38 PM   #18
MVP

UnbelievablyRAW's Arena

And if Ross caught the ball in the place where I passed it, the only defender close to him would be Kobe...who would have to leave Caroll open to rotate over
Old 10-15-2015, 09:40 PM   #19
ERA

The 24th Letter's Arena

OVR: 38

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scofield
I think that's the point. He's asking why his player is lead passing in the manner it is. In those types of situations a lead pass to the space where the ball ended up is a bad idea. The user isn't initiating that, he has icon lead passing turned off.

Well you still have to account for players momentum, Ross was already moving....just like if a player was cutting they wouldn't come to a complete stop just b/c lead passing is off..

OP I think there's a setting for complete passing control....you likely would've thrown the ball out of bounds there if that's what you prefer...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 10-15-2015, 09:49 PM   #20
MVP

UnbelievablyRAW's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by The 24th Letter
Well you still have to account for players momentum, Ross was already moving....just like if a player was cutting they wouldn't come to a complete stop just b/c lead passing is off..

OP I think there's a setting for complete passing control....you likely would've thrown the ball out of bounds there if that's what you prefer...

I actually would rather me throw the ball out of bounds (assuming Ross couldn't just stop and turn towards the ball, he wasn't sprinting) than have the ball thrown directly at Kobe

Last edited by UnbelievablyRAW; 10-15-2015 at 09:54 PM.
Old 10-15-2015, 09:57 PM   #21
ERA

The 24th Letter's Arena

OVR: 38

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnbelievablyRAW
I actually would rather me throw the ball out of bounds (assuming Ross couldn't just stop and turn towards the ball, he wasn't sprinting) than have the ball thrown directly at Kobe

He was in enough of a stride that he'd have to at the least adjust to the ball. Asking him to stop and catch that cleanly is asking for another unrealistic result to replace another you consider unrealistic.

Honestly I do get your point regarding the passing in some aspects, just not this one...

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-15-2015, 10:04 PM   #22
Stop the Nonsense

fsufan4423's Arena

OVR: 36

I wonder if half the posters who comment on these issues even play on hall of fame difficulty. I do and understand what the op is dealing with. When playing on higher difficulty, you have to play the game totally different.

Normal logic is out the window. The game is meant to be hard, we just have a hard time dealing with the constant nonsense. I've had passes stole from me when standing next to a teammate...you almost have to hand it off to prevent this. The bumping turnover in the 4th quarter is a giving alone with the AI pass down court for a easy layup because your team doesn't get back.

I could go on with these examples, but I choose to play hof difficulty so I learn from it and laugh when it happens.

3 national championships 3 Heisman Trophy winners 16 ACC Championships 14 straight AP top fives

2014 BCS National Champions
Old 10-15-2015, 10:49 PM   #23
Rookie

OVR: 0

Was the free Lance in motion cuts? I think sometimes the A.i. tries to run the freelance offense and are not expecting passes from the user at the moment you try to pass it. You see them open but they are thinking about getting to the next spot. So when you pass it they move. This would be my guess .

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk
Old 10-16-2015, 12:13 AM   #24
Pro

manu1433's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
I get that, but if a player is running towards a direction, what other option would he have. And even if that IS the case you can directionally pass the opposite direction to combat it.

if you watch that terrence ross video, ross clearly changes to a steeper angle after the pass animation starts and runs straight towards the defender

these passes are definitely "magnetic" when they happen. Watch Kobe's feet....they don't even have to move because Lowry acts like he is aiming at Kobe despite their being an enormous amount of space on the wing

passing needs work, but it's probably going to be the hardest thing for them to ever get completely right tbh

Last edited by manu1433; 10-16-2015 at 12:20 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »