Home

The fake turnovers in this game need to be addressed

This is a discussion on The fake turnovers in this game need to be addressed within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-16-2015, 05:31 PM   #57
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: The fake turnovers in this game need to be addressed

Quote:
Originally Posted by LorenzoDC
The OP wrongly attributes his second example to a phantom lead pass input, but that's not what happened. In his first example passing to the post, he just didn't understand his own offensive setup well enough to understand how quickly the post player would go into motion, and he expected a clean post up without calling a quick post up. That happens to everyone sometimes, but it's still a matter of the user reading and understanding what's happening on the floor.
I think the problem here is in that particular situation, Valanciunas with a clear mismatch would not do what he did. Even if the user didn't post up, you'd hope the AI would identify that its best to stick with the mismatch and wait for the ball.
Old 10-16-2015, 05:32 PM   #58
Pro

OVR: 26

Miscommunication happens in real life. If everything went perfectly as you wanted there would be little to no challenge. We have to point out even the littlest mistakes so that 2K can fix everything and get closer to making the perfect basketball sim, but at the same time we have to be thankful for what we have and remember how far the game has come. Look at issues that were a problem in past games and consider that 2K16's biggest issues seem to be socks that are the wrong color and momentum turnovers that may or may not be realistic.
Old 10-16-2015, 05:47 PM   #59
MVP

LorenzoDC's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwnz
I think the problem here is in that particular situation, Valanciunas with a clear mismatch would not do what he did. Even if the user didn't post up, you'd hope the AI would identify that its best to stick with the mismatch and wait for the ball.
That may be something to get to Da_Czar as a possible addition to the dynamic decision points logic already built into the freelance offenses.

Right now, in the freelance systems, there are some defined points where players can make a read that are defined as decision points. For example, Kawhi Leonard may set a down screen baseline from the corner or set a high screen for the ball handler high at the top of the key based on a read, and that's built into the setup on the floor for Spurs motion. Other players adjust their movements based on what Leonard does with his read.

But I don't think this system currently allows for post players to break the freelance motion system with a "who am I, who are you?" post up decision for the user controlled team. It will happen for the CPU controlled team for a ball handler, but the logic for the user team (I believe) is to stay with what the user has set for the freelance system and not break the pattern the user may expect.

If this is a wrinkle people would like to see for user controlled teams, then that's probably something to put into a freelance feedback or wish list thread for Czar to see. Or maybe just tweet him a link to this comment.
Old 10-16-2015, 06:00 PM   #60
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnbelievablyRAW
Another one.

https://vid.me/4ljR

Look at where Ross is when you see his "O" icon appear over his head (indicating that I'm passing to him at that position) and look at where the game made me pass the ball.

Hilarious

Edit:
Terrible example. If anything u pointed out players got eyes in the back of their head. No way T Ross should saw that pass.
Old 10-16-2015, 06:29 PM   #61
Pro

manu1433's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quentin32
Terrible example. If anything u pointed out players got eyes in the back of their head. No way T Ross should saw that pass.
TRoss' is actually looking straight at him as the passing animation is occurring. Look closely.

There really isn't an excuse for him to randomly cut behind a defender to catch that pass.

He should have stayed higher up on the wing instead of darting into a crowded corner. Ross has an insane amount of space on the top of the key/wing, but the CPU fires it directly at the one defender on that side on that side of the court. These types of passes have been in 2k for a long time now.

Last edited by manu1433; 10-16-2015 at 06:34 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-16-2015, 06:43 PM   #62
Banned

As mentioned earlier the pass should have gone out of bounds. In that case, Ross would not need to turn his head and Kobe would not need to intercept. The pass going out of bounds would be the most logical outcome when passing to a player who is running away from the ball.

This issue cannot be fixed because there is no issue here.
Old 10-16-2015, 06:48 PM   #63
Just some guy

mrprice33's Arena

OVR: 16

You can see quite clearly that Ross changes his trajectory as Lowry is winding up for the pass. There's one defender in that corner and Ross running towards him makes very little sense. He starts by flattening to the wing, which is what he should do, but suddenly changes and cuts towards the only defender in that vicinity. It makes no sense.
Old 10-16-2015, 07:17 PM   #64
Live Action, please?

jfsolo's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaseIH
I know what you mean, it does seem turnovers happen because it says its time too happen in a code. While its frustrating as it does seem to happen at the most inopportune times, Im OK with it, because it is a video game, and I want realistic stats, even if they are forced. I know some don't like that, and while how it happens may not be realistic, it does give me realistic turnovers for teams, which is what I want, and finally this year Ims eeing realistic turnover #'s. I actually put passing donw to 45 even to get the right amount of turnovers, but I can understand the frustration of unrealistic way they happen.
I don't know how you can handle 45, with 45 I saw way too many crazy passes thrown out of bounds, especially for the User team. I'm going to up "play the passing lanes" and "steals" and lower ball-handling some, and keep User passing at 49 and CPU at 47 since they somehow automatically pass more accurately than I do.

As far as fake turnovers go. You definitely have to get use to the 2K basketball passing matrix. You have to wait for players to establish clear position and ball awareness and use "back shoulder" passes away from the defender all the time.

Do this today: Instead of $%*#!@& on a game you're not going to play or movie you're not going to watch, say something good about a piece of media you're excited about.

Do the same thing tomorrow. And the next. Now do it forever.

Last edited by jfsolo; 10-16-2015 at 07:22 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »