Home

Draft Day Trades

This is a discussion on Draft Day Trades within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-16-2015, 12:54 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 1
Draft Day Trades

How do you guys combat this from happening? In a test Magic franchise I decided to sim the first year, which took fooooreveeeeeer. At the draft I held the 6th pick. And every team that drafted before me was offering their first round pick and a future first round pick for my 6th pick when it came up. Does using custom rosters circumvent this??? I suppose this means the pick itself was worth more than the players taken prior. One guy being offered by Indiana had A- potential. If anything, I should have been giving up my #1 from next year.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-16-2015, 01:26 PM   #2
All Star

Gosens6's Arena

OVR: 26
Re: Draft Day Trades

Are you playing MyLeague or my gm?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 10-16-2015, 08:23 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 0

Hmm, I have gone through two drafts and I can't recall having experienced this. I have gotten some poor offers for some of my picks, but I have also received some logical and good offers. I do remember seeing the OP's issue in previous editions of the game.

I will say that the trade logic between CPU teams at the draft has improved greatly. I'm not seeing a team trade their top 3 pick for Roy Hibbert anymore. That was frustrating to see.

I will say that I see tens of second round draft picks being waived before the season begins. I like that and I think it's realistic. Teams aren't wasting roster spots on second round picks.

I have also picked up a first round (24th overall) pick that was waived by the nuggets before the season began. I loved seeing that. I think he was the only first rounder not to make a roster spot.

I also have noticed that some teams are better at drafting than others and that some teams are better with trades too.

The Sixers have made transactions, trades, and draft selections that look very Hinkie-like. I loved how in my first draft they moved they packaged their Heat/Laker picks to move up in front of me in the lottery to steal a stud that had dropped.

I love the draft this year, but I do kind miss the old presentation. Substance over style tho. Great job 2k.

I
Old 10-16-2015, 08:27 PM   #4
Rookie

Aha, I do recall one time that this happened. The Magic drafted 4th in the second round and I drafted 7th. They drafted the guy I wanted. Then they offered him for my 7th pick straight up. It was weird.

This was second round though so I did not give it much thought, but i couldn't understand the logic behind it.
Old 10-16-2015, 10:41 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by braves_94
How do you guys combat this from happening? In a test Magic franchise I decided to sim the first year, which took fooooreveeeeeer. At the draft I held the 6th pick. And every team that drafted before me was offering their first round pick and a future first round pick for my 6th pick when it came up. Does using custom rosters circumvent this??? I suppose this means the pick itself was worth more than the players taken prior. One guy being offered by Indiana had A- potential. If anything, I should have been giving up my #1 from next year.
Sadly thats just the CPU logic theres no way to stop them in MyGM and can only stop it in myleague by controlling all 30 teams
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-17-2015, 11:29 AM   #6
Always Sonny Somewhere

SonnyFranchise's Arena

Saw the Pistons trade Drummond for a 10th pick....
Old 10-17-2015, 01:05 PM   #7
Farewell and 'ado

DocHolliday's Arena

OVR: 19

Drummond gets no love this year. Saw him resign for 3 for 28

Old 10-17-2015, 01:22 PM   #8
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by DocHolliday
Drummond gets no love this year. Saw him resign for 3 for 28

I think Hibbert wanting to sign for 12/4 right after he had his best season yet with me with 11/9 and 2.9 blocks in 28 minutes while shooting 52% from the field and 83% from the FT line is probably worse. I just gave him 80/5 contract with -7.5% raise so that his 33 year old will have lower salary than now since he's gonna be 20 minutes rim protector that can't rebound with only 1 good offensive skill - free throws.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »