Home

My gripe with the MyCAREER YouTubers

This is a discussion on My gripe with the MyCAREER YouTubers within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-17-2015, 11:26 AM   #17
Banned

OVR: 0
Re: My gripe with the MyCAREER YouTubers

I agree. It's boring and childish. Same thing over and over. Playing on HOF and using the exploits to win shows and means nothing.

The YouTube 2k community has zero realism, all for Arcady 50 point games. And since so many people watch this adult play like he's 16, that's what 2k thinks people want.

Sent from my XT1528 using Tapatalk
Old 10-17-2015, 11:40 AM   #18

m1ke_nyc's Arena

OVR: 7

Heres the thing, his gameplay is edited, you miss out on alot of whats going on. His followers are interested in him and his character. They dont wanna see Harden they wanna see Smooves PG so the gameplay that you see from him 95% will involve his PG in some way.

The other big issue is your AI teammates in mycareer are terrible, the mode forces you to play hero ball. Play for the Cavs and watch as LBJ turns into Luol Deng. Im not saying Deng is a bad player im saying LBJ will take a hit because hes on your team.

Last but not least its probably more exciting for his fans to watch him have big games. They dont wanna watch as he goes for 10 and 5 and kinda does very little all game, they wanna see him put up big numbers and hit the game winner. 2K designed this mode to make you be a superstar. Not that I agree with it but you try to play as a role player and it becomes very frustrating. Even to the point of teammates passing up wide open looks to throw you the ball with 2 seconds on the shotclock. I used to be heavy into watching him on youtube, started watching some other guys but its all the same and got boring. I check it out every now and then.
Old 10-17-2015, 12:16 PM   #19
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by XxCavaliers360
I know most of you probably will not agree with me or call me crazy, but I've been playing 2K for almost 10 years now and this has really been bugging me about the MyCAREER Youtubers: EVERYONE is a ball-hog, including Smoove. Smoove, for example, plays with Harden and Howard, and you never see them do anything. He is responsible for all of his team's points through either scoring or assists, which is completely unrealistic. Everyone who plays MyCAREER is a stat-whore. No other player can touch the ball for more than 5 seconds or make a play themselves. Most people would probably argue the point of MyCAREER is to ball-hog, but it just annoys me. I'm a long-time Smoove fan back to his days of 2K7 when he used to criticize the game in his monotone voice too.

Smoove has a good IQ for the game, but damn, he makes Kobe look like Iggy or something.
Sounds like you haven't checked out my vids then .

A lot of my viewers like watching because I orchestrate by running plays and getting my team involved. A lot of games last year I had teammates that outscored me while still winning almost every game.

I also don't dunk so often, force my way in the paint or just shoot threes. I love the mid-range game.
Old 10-17-2015, 12:19 PM   #20
MVP

Yeah I used to watch some of these youtubers consistently while at my old third shift job. It does get old seeing the same guy recreate the same character who becomes the hero of almost every game, every year.

I like how QJB did a spinoff with Patrick Horsley the generated rookie he played alongside in 2K15. That was innovative. He allowed a generated player to become a major character in the career of Neal Bridges. Pretty dope.

Another dislike is that every year the youtuber's have to start their mycareer as a rookie. Every freaking year.

It would be dope if you could go up against Youtuber's MyCareer teams from any iteration of the game. Neal Bridges Lakers from 2K15 vs Cam Baker's Pelicans from 2K16. Or Smoove's old rockets team w/ J-smoove from 2k12 vs. shakedown2012's Nets team from 2k16.
Old 10-17-2015, 12:33 PM   #21
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by TGsoGood
Yeah I used to watch some of these youtubers consistently while at my old third shift job. It does get old seeing the same guy recreate the same character who becomes the hero of almost every game, every year.

I like how QJB did a spinoff with Patrick Horsley the generated rookie he played alongside in 2K15. That was innovative. He allowed a generated player to become a major character in the career of Neal Bridges. Pretty dope.

Another dislike is that every year the youtuber's have to start their mycareer as a rookie. Every freaking year.

It would be dope if you could go up against Youtuber's MyCareer teams from any iteration of the game. Neal Bridges Lakers from 2K15 vs Cam Baker's Pelicans from 2K16. Or Smoove's old rockets team w/ J-smoove from 2k12 vs. shakedown2012's Nets team from 2k16.
I said something similar last year. I think they should do associated careers where it picks up MC players in your region and puts them in your league starting with your friend's list. Teams would be better and their ratings can go up while they build their characters.

This way, you can add some of your favorite YTers or friends gamertags and their players will be in your season. This would limit generated rookies and would be fun to start a game against a team and see someone's MC player you're about to go up against. The CPU controls them of course, but it would still be cool.

Would make for some cool recordings as well.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-17-2015, 02:07 PM   #22
Pro

kdurantmvp's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crookid
I said something similar last year. I think they should do associated careers where it picks up MC players in your region and puts them in your league starting with your friend's list. Teams would be better and their ratings can go up while they build their characters.

This way, you can add some of your favorite YTers or friends gamertags and their players will be in your season. This would limit generated rookies and would be fun to start a game against a team and see someone's MC player you're about to go up against. The CPU controls them of course, but it would still be cool.

Would make for some cool recordings as well.

I imagine in the future, we will get connected myplayer. Where you can have your friends myplayer inside your career mode. Similar to how WWE 2k had like 4 of your friends pop up in your career mode
Old 10-18-2015, 06:38 PM   #23
Rookie

XxCavaliers360's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by TGsoGood
Yes. It's absurd. 2K should let us transfer our players over.
Old 10-18-2015, 11:37 PM   #24
Rookie

Smoove plays on HOF. Which I tried one and found my teammates to be horribad.

Since then I only played on All-Star for a while, now Superstar as I want my teammates to be effective. As a point I look to pass first.

If only 2k would realize not everyone wants to be a superstar for thier team...I would be happy avg 10 and 10 but thats just not possible if you want to win in MyCareer.

In this regard, 2k10 did it best. (I think, whichever one had the d-league)

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »