Home

Pro-Am positions?

This is a discussion on Pro-Am positions? within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-18-2015, 02:54 PM   #9
Lockdown Defender

Rockie_Fresh88's Arena

OVR: 17
Re: Pro-Am positions?

I always play with 5 guess that's why I never play out of position
#1 Laker fan
First Team Defense !!!
Old 10-18-2015, 03:42 PM   #10
Rookie

yonly1ME's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caelumfang
Stop going out there with 3, then. Simple. You're just asking to get killed by a full team of 5.
It was a one time thing, up until that I always ran with a full squad except that one game. I'm just saying for those who only have 3 people if they have the provision I put above it would be less painful.

I'm never playing Pro-Am unless I got my squad with me again or at least 2 bigs. I'll just settle for Walk-on otherwise.
Old 10-18-2015, 04:53 PM   #11
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caelumfang
Stop going out there with 3, then. Simple. You're just asking to get killed by a full team of 5.

We should be able to run 3s if we want to...If we play vs 5 ppl i dont care, but put us at our positions atleast..
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-18-2015, 05:15 PM   #12
MVP

HowDareI's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by yonly1ME
It was a one time thing, up until that I always ran with a full squad except that one game. I'm just saying for those who only have 3 people if they have the provision I put above it would be less painful.

I'm never playing Pro-Am unless I got my squad with me again or at least 2 bigs. I'll just settle for Walk-on otherwise.
Point blank if they said you can run with 3-5 people we don't need to be further "penalized" for having 2 less human-controlled players.

If I want to play Pro-Am with my 2 friends I usually run with and that's it? Let me have 2 AI who fill in our lineup, not make us play out of position because of crappy designing.

If people wanna say "Run with 5", cool, but that's a lazy response. Not everyone does that (I know I never ran 5's in 2K10 or 11).

If I want the "disadvantage", as 2K has said, of running with a 3 man lineup than at least keep it fair and give us AI that make sense. Not dudes who literally make it impossible to have a fair game.

.................................................. .................................................. ....

I hate being like this, because honestly I love this game as a whole. But certain things like this just annoy me to no end.

2K takes a step "forward" (we already had this mode) and 2 steps back.

No commentary even though it's a live arena, no play calling, now we got these ghetto lineups that'll ruin the whole game unless you got 5.

We had them things in a mode that's 5 years old lol

If it's a bug I'll admit I'm wrong, but if we're playing out of position by design, that's one of the dumbest decisions I've ever seen.

-Allen Iverson
Old 11-05-2015, 10:45 PM   #13
Rookie

Shooting guards are better at steals,blocks,rebounding,post hook one thing i dont get though is their not any stronger yet ya probally weigh 20 more pounds

Sent from my LG-H631 using Tapatalk
Old 11-06-2015, 10:41 AM   #14
Rookie

It appears that 2K only generates guards as CPU's. It would be nice if they generated a SF/PF instead if those positions aren't filled. I run with a center and a couple of shooting guards at times. I typically run with a 6'7" PG. I made him this tall so I could play the wing if need be, but it would be a LOT better if front court players were generated instead of pushing us to lopsided matchups.
Old 11-06-2015, 01:07 PM   #15
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trent Booty
I think it goes by height. If you're the fourth tallest on the team it puts you at PF. I played with my brother and our friends and I played PG (I'm a 6'0 PG), my brother played SG (he's a 6'1 PG) and our friend played SF (he's a 6'3 SG). We played with a 6'7 SF who played PF and a 7'2 C who played C
This is the problem, they should match position first, then height. A 6'8 SG shouldnt play SF over a 6'7 SF.

Sent from my P01M using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-06-2015, 05:21 PM   #16
Banned

bo.jangles344's Arena

What's even better is getting a walk on game to start and see they have 2 centers on one team and a whole bunch of guards on the other team. There should definitely be a by position requirement when match making.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »