Home

Is 2K customer care the worst ever?

This is a discussion on Is 2K customer care the worst ever? within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-17-2015, 02:19 AM   #33
Pro

OVR: 0
Angry Re: Is 2K customer care the worst ever?

And the show continues! I decided to purchase 35000 VCs last Thursday, when the 100% extra VC offer appeared again, since i had created a new player in my career and wanted to boost him up. Purchase goes ok via PSN Store, i wait again 10 hours and guess what: NO VCs appear! What a surprise.
So i go and open a ticket, the automated reply comes again and i submit all the screenshots they require. And i wait. Wait. Wait. Wait. Wait. I tweet them on Saturday afternoon and no reply again.

Yesterday morning (Monday) some genious "Turell F." replies and sais that he wants proof of the transaction. Since i was at work i mail him the SONY confirmation email however this was not enough for the amazing CS of 2k. They insisted on having a screenshot from inside the PS4 in my account activities. I even mailed him my transaction history from PSN.COM however they still thought i was lying to them or trying to steal their VCs. Anyhow, when i got home i took a pic of what they wanted and all of a sudden i receive a reply from 2K support. I said, it cant be real, no way they replied so fast. And here is their response:

2K Alicia Yesterday at 18:44
Greetings ,

Thank you for your continued contact with customer support as we investigate your missing VC issue. I have reviewed your account, both this ticket and your other open tickets in an attempt to resolve why you are not able to make valid purchases through PSN and have the VC applied to your account accordingly.

In this case, it looks like the reason your account is having the error "There is no content. It might not be for sale yet, or might no longer be for sale." is due to a region issue. All regions must match in order to make a purchase and then have it come through the game. Both your NBA account and your PSN account along with your game purchase.

Greece is a country which is supported for VC purchases, however, the error message you're receiving indicates that your PSN account is not in the same region which means that even though you purchase the VC through PSN, it will never make it into your alternate region game account. Unfortunately, we can no longer provide VC for region error's and you must contact Sony to request a refund. They should also be able to help you locate where the region error is if you're unsure.

I hope this clarifies the matter a little more. I suggest you contact Sony and they can help you with your purchase as there is nothing further we can provide until the region error is fixed.

Hope this helps,

Alicia N.
Sr. Customer Service Representative
2K Support

I reply to them that this is just a poor excuse, and that i was never informed that i cannot purchase VCs in my country, and never had the information that you actually did me a favor last time and gave me the VCs i paid for (woow! shall i say thank you?) and once more i receive a such a pathetic reply from this useless customer care:

Greetings ,

Thank you for the reply. The information provided was not an excuse, it was an explanation. We granted you a one-time courtesy the last time, but we can not provide VC for any further out-of-region purchases. You will have to contact Sony in order to move forward or request a refund.

If you have no further technical questions we will go ahead and close the ticket, or it will auto-close after seven days.

Take care,

Alicia N.
2K Support

How pathetic can they be?
How useless can this company get? Are there any limits or will they go on behave like amateurs?
Old 11-17-2015, 10:35 AM   #34
Rookie

Re: Is 2K customer care the worst ever?

I had an issue with 2K16 earlier when I purchased a few custom shoes at 7,500K a piece just to discover that you have to repurchase them once you've unequipped them.

After a few weeks of back-and-forths with providing proof, 2K rewarded me with all of the shoes I purchased along with all of the VC I previously lost on them (around 35K).

2K was a little slow considering the demand I'm sure they're under but they got the job done plus some.
Old 11-17-2015, 10:46 AM   #35
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by OG_Almighty
I had an issue with 2K16 earlier when I purchased a few custom shoes at 7,500K a piece just to discover that you have to repurchase them once you've unequipped them.

After a few weeks of back-and-forths with providing proof, 2K rewarded me with all of the shoes I purchased along with all of the VC I previously lost on them (around 35K).

2K was a little slow considering the demand I'm sure they're under but they got the job done plus some.
I wish they at least provided what they have to provide but from my recent experience i think they just CANNOT. Last year in 2k15 i had the same problems again, with 2k providing the VCs weeks after i purchased it, this year again the same so i see no improvement. No improvement in the game, no improvement in the customer support or after sales so i guess own money are spent on their holidays only
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-17-2015, 11:01 AM   #36
Banned

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by georgepal
I wish they at least provided what they have to provide but from my recent experience i think they just CANNOT. Last year in 2k15 i had the same problems again, with 2k providing the VCs weeks after i purchased it, this year again the same so i see no improvement. No improvement in the game, no improvement in the customer support or after sales so i guess own money are spent on their holidays only
Broken game and broken customer support, shame. Thugs are talking our money because they have almost figuratively eliminated the competition.
Old 11-18-2015, 01:53 AM   #37
Pro

At least they make me laugh hahahaha. Below you can see the reply of my message saying that i cannot accept their poor excuses:

"2K Alicia Yesterday at 19:09
Greetings ,

I hope this email finds you well. I apologize for any inconvenience this has caused as I can see you're still upset. I feel there may be a miscommunication so I want to make sure I am explaining everything thoroughly and the reason why we can not refund any further VC on this account.

I have attached some screenshots below. These are screenshots that you provided us in both of your tickets. By your own admission these screenshots show an error when you try to purchase VC in game. The reason you're not able to purchase VC in game is because your game account and your PlayStation account do not match. Per the link below, Greece is a country in which you can purchase VC, as seen here: http://support.2k.com/hc/en-us/artic...n-I-Buy-VC-In-

However, your PlayStation account must also match in order to make a purchase, if it does not, you will receive this error message. This is why I have expressly advised you to contact Sony so that they may help you as I am unfamiliar with their procedures for conflicting regions on an account and would not be able to help in this regard anyways.

As it currently stands, there is nothing further we can do on our end. You must contact Sony and explain this to them so they can help you. I hope this explains things a little better for you.

If you have any further technical questions you may contact us again.

Take care,

Alicia N.
2K Support"

I reply to that saying and this is the first time i hear that, 3 years i purchase VCs and never someone informed me about something like that, that they build up excuses etc and here is their reply where they insist on all the crap they have been telling me but also threaten me to close my account

2K Alicia Today at 03:55
Greetings ,

Thank you for the prompt reply.

As I mentioned previously, the issue is not that your game account is in Greece. Greece is a supported region for NBA 2K16. The issue is that your PlayStation account is not in the same region. The regions must match. Only Sony can help you with that.

This is the reason why every time you've purchased VC from the PlayStation store(and not in game), it has not gone to your game account. It is why you do not have the option to purchase in-game. This is not an issue we can help with as it is a Sony issue. You must contact them. You will continue to have this error until you do and we can not provide further VC until this issue is resolved.

If you continue to make the same request, which I have stated we can not help with, we will have no other option but to restrict your access. I do not wish for it to come to that, so again, I request you contact Sony.

Take care,

Alicia N.
2K Support

And suddenly, on a second ticket i had opened concerning the same case i receive the following reply:

John M., Nov 17, 9:02 PM:
Hello there George,

Thank you for your patience, we do appreciate it. When contacting 2K Support, try your best to only use one email. Using multiple email addresses to send in tickets only slows and complicates the process.

I understand you purchased 35,000 VC when offered the promo for Buy 35K, Get 100% Free, but you didn't receive any of it! That's the worst, I am sorry to hear that. Rest assured, I will do all I can to help you out. Thanks to the information you've provided, I was able to check on your account and verify that you've never received the VC. The amount purchased comes out to 70,000 VC! You will find that amount added to your current VC balance, which is 4582 VC. After the addition, it should display 74,582 VC the next time you log into the game. I apologize for any inconvenience this issue has caused you.

If you have any other questions, I will be happy to answer them for you! Have a great night.

Sincerely,

John M.
2K Support

Are they the most PATHETIC AND USELESS EVER OR NOT?????????

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »