Home

If you play on HOF, the game is NOT broken

This is a discussion on If you play on HOF, the game is NOT broken within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-17-2015, 12:22 PM   #9
Always Sonny Somewhere

SonnyFranchise's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: If you play on HOF, the game is NOT broken

My only problem, as stated before is defense, Offense is almost too easy on HOF.

But it is broken to a certain extent. Currently 10-22 with the Chicago Bulls averaging a triple double. With Rose,Gasol,Butler putting up NUMBERS. (All have dropped 35+ this season in a game)

My problem is that on defense, besides Butler they tend to not even be in the area. Literally leaving open any jackass that can shoot the ball. Rose will be standing in the paint while Jeff Teague is on the 3pt Line.

I'm not saying he needs to be a lockdown defender. But he's not even in position to contest it. It's bad enough MCW burned him for 40 while making 6/8 from 3! He has like a 62 3PT shot.

It is broken, it's never been that bad for A.I Defense. 2k15 I never had that problem, atleast not to this height.
Old 10-17-2015, 12:23 PM   #10
All Star

Gosens6's Arena

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf Ticket
Sauce?

Even if they did say that, the AI playing smarter depending on difficulty is something I've seen in previous nba2k games, nobody can tell me it's not possible because it's happened.

The fact that you're confusing smarter with artificial boosts concerns me.

HOF difficulty has never been about the AI being smarter. It's about them being better than you and doing whatever they have to do to score.

And if by sauce you meant source, I'm not digging up 2-3 year old threads to find the exact quote. There were others in the thread discussing it as well, hopefully one of them will come in here and vouch for this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 10-17-2015, 12:29 PM   #11
Pro

What about HOF being too easy?

In MC, I am winning by 30 points and my team is shooting 65-70% unless I am playing the Cavs or Warriors. Then we MIGHT lose because they shoot 75%.

Maybe we aren't there yet, but if I set the game to HOF Simulation, I would expect teams (including my own) should have a harder time making baskets.

Fine, give the AI an unfair advantage. But stop making games end so high scoring. It's ridiculously immersive breaking.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-17-2015, 12:33 PM   #12
Banned

Legit DaCzar has tweeted that HOF intentionally cheats with boosts for an unrealistic challenge.

He works on the game.

Sent from my XT1528 using Tapatalk
Old 10-17-2015, 12:45 PM   #13
All Star

Gosens6's Arena

If you play on HOF, the game is NOT broken

Quote:
Originally Posted by iam31yearsold
Legit DaCzar has tweeted that HOF intentionally cheats with boosts for an unrealistic challenge.

He works on the game.

Sent from my XT1528 using Tapatalk

Thank you. A gameplay producer has tweeted it and people still dispute the fact.

Old 10-17-2015, 12:46 PM   #14
Rookie

OVR: 10

This going back and forth is entertaining but it doesn't matter what level you play on. But for the record i play on Superstar. The reason it is "easy" is mainly because of bad cpu ai logic . Transition defense leading to fastbreak created by cpu ai and even if fastbreak is stopped then there is a mismatch because of the preprogrammed zoning by 2 defenders and which causes other players switching to check players that the zoning cpu players left unguarded, pnr glitch (players leaving defenders on wing wide open to help where none is needed) , cpu ai offball defender "man crush" with the ballhandler instead of their own man. Cpu ai confusions on who to guard. All leads to this being too "easy" no matter what level

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk
Old 10-17-2015, 12:47 PM   #15
Rookie

Wolf Ticket's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gosens6
The fact that you're confusing smarter with artificial boosts concerns me.

HOF difficulty has never been about the AI being smarter. It's about them being better than you and doing whatever they have to do to score.

And if by sauce you meant source, I'm not digging up 2-3 year old threads to find the exact quote. There were others in the thread discussing it as well, hopefully one of them will come in here and vouch for this.

The fact that you're quoting something from "2-3 years" ago concerns me, You mean the quote isn't even referring to this console generation let alone this game? How that relevant?

In my experience on HOF in previous game the AI will work for and take smarter shots the higher the difficulty goes and their defense will improve, massively handicapping the users shooting ability has never been part of it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-17-2015, 12:53 PM   #16
All Star

Gosens6's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf Ticket
The fact that you're quoting something from "2-3 years" ago concerns me, You mean the quote isn't even referring to this console generation let alone this game? How that relevant?

In my experience on HOF in previous game the AI will work for and take smarter shots the higher the difficulty goes and their defense will improve, massively handicapping the users shooting ability has never been part of it.

As stated above, a poster has recently seen a tweet from czar that echoes my exact sentiments.

Believe what you want, I'm going by what the creators of the game say.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »