Home

If you play on HOF, the game is NOT broken

This is a discussion on If you play on HOF, the game is NOT broken within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-17-2015, 07:55 PM   #57
MVP

I Djm's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: If you play on HOF, the game is NOT broken

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kese86
I say this in all these HOF/SIM posts but it gets dismissed. NBA2K is a basketball simulation which means it is based on real NBA basketball. Therefore the highest difficulty should be the closest thing to real basketball as far as strategy and what leads to success and failure. HOF should be removed from the game if it is arcade style cheesy and difficult. This isn't NBA Jam. If the devs tuned it to be the most realistic on Superstar/SIM then that should be the highest difficulty. There's a difference between challenging and just plain unrealistic.
Yes the players have to do that, but the cpu has free reign almost every open shot going down and they can hit contested/late contest more

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk
Old 10-17-2015, 08:18 PM   #58
Banned

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kese86
I say this in all these HOF/SIM posts but it gets dismissed. NBA2K is a basketball simulation which means it is based on real NBA basketball. Therefore the highest difficulty should be the closest thing to real basketball as far as strategy and what leads to success and failure. HOF should be removed from the game if it is arcade style cheesy and difficult. This isn't NBA Jam. If the devs tuned it to be the most realistic on Superstar/SIM then that should be the highest difficulty. There's a difference between challenging and just plain unrealistic.
I hear you. Everyone does. But its not that way. Its not. Won't be until next year, at the very least. Why continue to argue, post, make yourself frustrated over this?

Why do people NEED to play on the highest diff? Means nothing in relation to how good you are against other people. Because it's not other people, its AI. Who don't have to time, or think, deal with distraction, or accidentally push the wrong button. If the AI wants to do it, it will.

Why try and prove, to literally no one, that you are better than an AI that has the ability to be absolutely perfect? You don't get an achievement if you win a ring on HOF. Literally the same exact thing if someone beat in on Rookie/Casual. It's only for you.

If you can't win on HOF, you aren't good enough for it. I'll openly come out and say it...I can't beat the CPU on HOF enough times over the course of a season to make the Playoffs.

Oh well. It doesn't matter to me because I'm in the NBA Division of Play Now Online, getting there ONLY by using the Knicks. 3rd worst team in the game. (Now I play with 95 Knicks in that div) My horribleness on HOF has no bearing on how I play the game Online.

I play MyLeague on AS/Sim. Not ashamed to say it, I have nothing to prove against the AI. AS/Sim is the best realistic balance for me. Eventually, I will probably go back up to SS/Sim, but for now, I'm on AS.

Sent from my XT1528 using Tapatalk

Last edited by iam31yearsold; 10-17-2015 at 08:26 PM.
Old 10-17-2015, 10:08 PM   #59
Live Action, please?

jfsolo's Arena

OVR: 20

Some people are pathologically compelled to play on the highest level of a game, no matter what the genre. In non sports games people accept that the on the highest level CPU is super OP across the board and that your guys are nerfed big time, but in sports games, folks melt down.

Maybe sports games should use the same kind of difficulty level names like other games, stuff like "Insanity" or "Nightmare", then maybe that way people wouldn't expect fair play on those levels.

Do this today: Instead of $%*#!@& on a game you're not going to play or movie you're not going to watch, say something good about a piece of media you're excited about.

Do the same thing tomorrow. And the next. Now do it forever.
Old 10-17-2015, 10:48 PM   #60
NBA Ratings Wizard

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfsolo
Some people are pathologically compelled to play on the highest level of a game, no matter what the genre. In non sports games people accept that the on the highest level CPU is super OP across the board and that your guys are nerfed big time, but in sports games, folks melt down.

Maybe sports games should use the same kind of difficulty level names like other games, stuff like "Insanity" or "Nightmare", then maybe that way people wouldn't expect fair play on those levels.
Yes, like I said, the difficulty names do make things a bit confusing. The devs claim that superstar (or maybe all-star) give the most sim experience in their estimation. How is the average non-O/S'er supposed to even know that? But then by default the difficulty is set to 'Pro'. Why do that? Why not make the default difficulty be the one they feel best represents the NBA basketball experience, and let others adjust from there?

I think there are just too many difficulty levels in general. Just strip down to three. In the old days, these used to be called 'Easy', 'Normal', and 'Hard' which is very straightforward. The cutesy themed names just confuse people.
Old 10-17-2015, 11:30 PM   #61
Hall of Fame

Coach2K's Arena

OVR: 2

I thought I settled this debate a long time ago lol.

https://youtu.be/qy14h2RuKa8

https://youtu.be/42SC4dd8l_k

To watch a fictional MyLeague expansion series with more than 90 episodes click here.

Subscribe to Coach2K's YouTube channel by clicking here.

Visit Coach2K.com for my latest articles.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-27-2015, 09:03 PM   #62
Rookie

OVR: 4

I've read all of the post... But no one is talking about the real issues with the games difficulty level on super star and hof ...

2k has program the AI to take control of the users movements..
-Hence that stuck in the mud feeling like you can't move the direction you want to go be the CPU has already decided they are going that direction thus there's an feel of the user being held by an offensive lineman then he lets go of you once the running back passes by you lol.
-then there's the oh my guy is wide open let me directional pass the ball to him and the CPU knows it's caught with its pants down and quickly activates the cheatmode button and tho the user point in the direction of the open guy in the corner the pass goes to the next closest guy ... Giving you the feeling of damn didn't I point to the right guy.. So you think it's your error until it happens way to often lol.
- then there's that rare moment when you get a step on your defender of the pick and roll and bc the AI knows it's beat it will take control of you guy and send you into a low hunched quick dribble animation so the CPU can recover.
-then there's the moments when the CPU has decided it's going to score no matter what on the next possession so when you switch to the closes defender to contest the CPU shot. You hold the right stick toward the shooter but get no animation of your defender contesting the shot ... As if your not holding the contest stick. Thus the CPU makes the shot obviously lol.

These are the things we should be discussing .. Not things we can adjust with a slider. These are some of the issues that forces you to play on all star.
Old 10-28-2015, 08:02 PM   #63
MVP

OVR: 1
If you play on HOF, the game is NOT broken

Quote:
Originally Posted by phlipmode
I've read all of the post... But no one is talking about the real issues with the games difficulty level on super star and hof ...

2k has program the AI to take control of the users movements..

-Hence that stuck in the mud feeling like you can't move the direction you want to go be the CPU has already decided they are going that direction thus there's an feel of the user being held by an offensive lineman then he lets go of you once the running back passes by you lol.

-then there's the oh my guy is wide open let me directional pass the ball to him and the CPU knows it's caught with its pants down and quickly activates the cheatmode button and tho the user point in the direction of the open guy in the corner the pass goes to the next closest guy ... Giving you the feeling of damn didn't I point to the right guy.. So you think it's your error until it happens way to often lol.

- then there's that rare moment when you get a step on your defender of the pick and roll and bc the AI knows it's beat it will take control of you guy and send you into a low hunched quick dribble animation so the CPU can recover.

-then there's the moments when the CPU has decided it's going to score no matter what on the next possession so when you switch to the closes defender to contest the CPU shot. You hold the right stick toward the shooter but get no animation of your defender contesting the shot ... As if your not holding the contest stick. Thus the CPU makes the shot obviously lol.

These are the things we should be discussing .. Not things we can adjust with a slider. These are some of the issues that forces you to play on all star.

All-Star.

Hey, look! A mode with less of the things you have issues with!

Have you guys considered that maybe some difficulty level below HOF IS the most difficult 2K can make their game currently without significant cheese?

Have you guys considered, I don't know, maybe playing it?

We should be concentrating on fixing CPU sim issues on lower difficulties than HOF cheese. The more the CPU behaves in a way that offers realistic difficulty, the less cheese is needed for HOF to cover up those issues.
Old 10-28-2015, 11:57 PM   #64
Rookie

OVR: 4

All star mode is too easy but more realistic and I agree the game should be tuned from there ... A lot of you guys don't remember "College Hoops 2k5" some of the best gameplay made by 2k... The things that hard to swallow is that 2 k got its loyal fans by making their games ultra realistic without all the cheese. Lately it just seems every year they find a new way to cheese the user that we can't adjust with a slider lol. I'll be the first to say this is a video game and people shouldn't take it so serious at the end of the day.

2k has been so freaking successful with the my player **** that they don't dedicate the time they did years ago to make a game play well on harder levels without the cheese. I spend so much time pausing the game to look at instant replay because I'm so shocked at some of the cheats I see in the game. The amount of time the developers put into programming some of these cheats could have been put into make the air better ... Worse case if your going to put these cheats in the game were the user can't move or react because something is programmed to give the user a stuck in the mud feeling please give an option to at least turn this **** off 2k lol.. Just saying

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »