Home

Pro-Am Issues & Concerns: Fans, Boost, Quitters!

This is a discussion on Pro-Am Issues & Concerns: Fans, Boost, Quitters! within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-19-2015, 01:04 PM   #33
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Pro-Am Issues & Concerns: Fans, Boost, Quitters!

Ranking System is all messed up as well.... Don't think playing in custom arenas gets ur team on the record. Only playing at the Pro AM ghost center seems to register
Old 10-19-2015, 02:48 PM   #34
MVP

EarvGotti's Arena

OVR: 5

That is great news about getting the W after the other team quits.

However, they have to fix the weekly, monthly, league leaders. Guys are being ranked high when only playing like 2 games. This needs to be fixed.

Also, we should be able to view and sort the stats league leaders by each individual stat. As it stands, there is no way to see who the best Rebounders, Shotblockers, Dimers etc are
SF) Sapphire Scottie Pippen
PF) '95-'96 Dennis Rodman
C) Hakeem Olajuwon
Old 10-19-2015, 04:07 PM   #35
MVP

Jrocc23's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by OG_Almighty
To your first point, you are right. If all of the opposing players quit, if you then have your teammates quit, the game will automatically end while rewarding you with the W. Basically, the winning team owner has to be the last to quit to get the dub.

I think your comment about randoms are more oriented to the walk-on mode as opposed to the Pro-Am arena mode. The quitting issue is far more prevalent in the arena mode for some reason. We're currently 9-1 and of those 9 wins, 6 of them were quitters.

In arena mode, even the owner doesn't get VC. All team members need something to keep people in this mode because it's amazing when you have a competitive game with fans going nuts after every play. Subtracting VC is great but I think the backlash would far exceed the benefits. You may have a case of turning pro-am into 2k15's stage!

You're talking about Pro-Am or the old 2K11 Crew? If you're talking about 2K11, it was simply if the opposing users all quit your team would automatically get the W. Then you didn't even need the owner to start a game up. But I will assume you're talking about this years proam.

That's surprising. If I am correct, isn't players that's playing in arenas the people that's most likely teaming up w/ their friends and not walking on? Or does walk ons also get put into the arenas?

Before you didn't get anything at all. There was no rep, VC or anything. People just loved the mode. Top teams played for the leaderboards but most people just played because it was simply fun and competitive. Now, I believe this mode should get rep and definitely VC. And I don't think the complaints would be too big. I am saying like -100 VC for quitting. I can see if it was -1000. Or simply just losing some rep.

NBA 2K11
XtremeXplicit Crew
Ranked

Check us out: http://www.youtube.com/jroccdagameboy
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-19-2015, 04:33 PM   #36
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jrocc23
You're talking about Pro-Am or the old 2K11 Crew? If you're talking about 2K11, it was simply if the opposing users all quit your team would automatically get the W. Then you didn't even need the owner to start a game up. But I will assume you're talking about this years proam.

That's surprising. If I am correct, isn't players that's playing in arenas the people that's most likely teaming up w/ their friends and not walking on? Or does walk ons also get put into the arenas?

Before you didn't get anything at all. There was no rep, VC or anything. People just loved the mode. Top teams played for the leaderboards but most people just played because it was simply fun and competitive. Now, I believe this mode should get rep and definitely VC. And I don't think the complaints would be too big. I am saying like -100 VC for quitting. I can see if it was -1000. Or simply just losing some rep.
Apologies for not clarifying! Yes, I was speaking in reference to 2K16's Pro-Am. You're correct, you need the owner to be in game if you expect to play in an arena and/or as your custom team.

If you team up with friends and enter Pro-Am, you will be sent to your arena (if you've created one) or hit the road against another team in their arena. However, if you don't have an arena (but do have uniforms) you'll be sent to the walk-on courts but will be dressed in your custom unis. If you play in the arena, your walk-ons will be computer controlled. If playing on the walk on courts, your extras will be random human players.

It’s good to hear that the old crew mode didn’t rely on VC or rep. Perosnally, I don’t care for either but I would like to get VC just to keep my other friends interesting in playing. I would hate for this mode to die because of something easily fixed. As it stands, a lot of people complain about playing Pro-Am because you aren’t given anything as opposed to the park. You’d be surprised how fanatical 2K gamers will be in the park just to go shirtless and receive “legend” status which does absolutely nothing for your my player. Pro-Am should follow suite somehow. -100 VC of quitting is feasible too.
Old 10-19-2015, 04:47 PM   #37
MVP

tru11's Arena

my only issue so far is my 6`6 PF forced to play PG and SG .....
Old 10-19-2015, 10:45 PM   #38
Elite Allstar

Ray Vibes's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by tru11
my only issue so far is my 6`6 PF forced to play PG and SG .....
Your second issue is that you're 6'6.
Old 10-19-2015, 11:33 PM   #39
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by OG_Almighty
I believe that it's calculated from the fans of the team owner. The last time I played in my arena, I had about 11K fans in my 18k capacity arena. In my career, I had maybe 380K fans at the time. (1st pic attached)

My other two buddies on the squad had 1 and 3 million fans respectively. So if it was calculating the whole squad, we should have had a max capacity crowd.

Therefore, it must be based on the owner's fans. So with that being said, check out this struggle arena we played a road game in. (2nd pic attached) I guess this guy came straight into Pro-Am without touching mycareer:
Lol

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »