Home

3 pointers arent broken, you are?

This is a discussion on 3 pointers arent broken, you are? within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-19-2015, 08:35 AM   #9
Banned

OVR: 0
Re: 3 pointers arent broken, you are?

Quote:
Originally Posted by LegendCenter41
if people cannot make 50% from 3 shooting wide op like i am than they do NOT know their shot. Its as simple as that. Yes i brick1 to 2 open 3's a game. Deal with it, i also hit lucky 3's in the same game so it equals out the same. People just want to hit every green light and **** and will bitch to the forums if they dont have patch 4 again. You arent supposed to see anything special, do you WANT me to be able to hesitation into a side fadeaway shot from 3 in the corner like last year?

Simmer down. A few of your releases were no where near the line so you may want to learn/know your own jumper a little more before you tell others to know theirs. 2k was being hella generous to you on some of those shots (especially the fadeaways you hit). Setting your feet was the easiest way to hit Greens in the JRC last year. It definitely needs to be applied this year as the shooting has changed and the difficulty is higher. Like LO6IX stated earlier a lot of people are missing those same exact shots you are making. It could vary due to position, height, shot rating etc. You didn't once mention your position, height or scoring style bruh. That may help some folks out.

Last edited by TaylorBoi; 10-19-2015 at 08:39 AM.
Old 10-19-2015, 08:38 AM   #10
All-Pro

ATLBrayden's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by LegendCenter41
So then every noob on here thinking 3's are so hard will just create exactly what i have lol?
I mean, I assume the point of this thread was to assist people in shooting three pointers, anyone could make a montage of them making open shots. I could post a highlight reel of me dropping 40 with Kobe in all star team up or me dropping 30 in Pro-Am and say anyone can do it, but I wouldn't be helping anyone improve their game.

Of course if you post your stats or whatever then some people will try to replicate it, but if they only do that and don't take good shots they aren't hurting anyone but themselves. Personally I don't care for the stats as I'm fine with my position and shot, but making a new thread and telling people shots are fine and to stop crying then posting a highlight reel is essentially pointless.

If you wanted to discuss shots falling or not falling you could've posted in one of the 100 threads we have about it, if you wanted to show off your shooting prowess you could've used the official highlight thread.

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...-shooting.html
http://www.operationsports.com/forum...hot-makes.html
http://www.operationsports.com/forum...-shoot-3s.html
http://www.operationsports.com/forum...en-threes.html
http://www.operationsports.com/forum...ers-again.html

Not trying to insult you or anything, just trying to find the point of this thread.

My NBA 2K19 Lakers Dynasty -https://forums.operationsports.com/f...-nba-2k19.html

PSN: GetYourSwooshOn
XBL: Gunslinger7O2
Old 10-19-2015, 09:17 AM   #11
MVP

GisherJohn24's Arena

OVR: 4

I think people forget that the 3 point shot is anything but a high % shot. Even the best of the best shooters in the league are going to miss. I remember when Kyle Korver went 0 for 11 one night. It just happens. I like the realism of this game. Every game feels different.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-19-2015, 09:24 AM   #12
MVP

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by GisherJohn24
I think people forget that the 3 point shot is anything but a high % shot. Even the best of the best shooters in the league are going to miss. I remember when Kyle Korver went 0 for 11 one night. It just happens. I like the realism of this game. Every game feels different.

I think it bears repeating that the majority of threes taken are open in the NBA, and the best shooter that's ever lived only hits half of his open threes.
Old 10-19-2015, 09:42 AM   #13
Rookie

Can anyone tell my why it is so difficult for me to shoot any kind of shot online in myteam. Major problem hitting 3s wide open and shots from midrange. I'm either early or late on the shot meter but they are good looks and they still don't fall. But whoever I'm playing can shoot lights out with defenders in his face. any advice?
Old 10-19-2015, 10:17 AM   #14
DC
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 39

I am more impressed by teammates making the extra pass to the open man.
Old 10-19-2015, 10:40 AM   #15
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by The 24th Letter
A lot of those courts you guys were playing on were dope.

Good job on spacing\sharing the ball as well...

I think what is meant by 'slowing the game down' is moving the ball, finding the open shooter, planting your feet...which is what was done in a lot of these clips (except for that fading 3 in the corner, lol)

I think planting your feet is the biggest difference between 2k15\16 regarding getting a quality shot off
Nail on the head my friend. If you aren't getting good looks, the root of the issue COULD be your teammates. I surround myself with like minded players that love to pass open a good shot for a GREAT shot. Yea I laughed at that fadeaway from 3.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-19-2015, 10:44 AM   #16
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by DC
I am more impressed by teammates making the extra pass to the open man.
yup, surround yourself with good teammates and watch the wins pile up. Out of 100 or so games ive played in PRO AM ive only lost 5. Thats with playing with a different team every night or so if my friends arent on.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »