Home

i want and try to enjoy this game

This is a discussion on i want and try to enjoy this game within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-20-2015, 12:04 PM   #33
MVP

sirjam's Arena

OVR: 15
Re: i want and try to enjoy this game

Quote:
Originally Posted by DIESEL
I hear you and you have made the issues clear. But at this point the devs either can or cannot fix the problems. And you as the user can choose to abuse the issue or not.

People praise 2k because for the most part when they know there's an issue they try to fix it. I believe most of us are willing to give them the benefit of the doubt.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
The double issue should be easy since it's been In every 2k game except maybe one yr they didn't double if my memory's right. It's a huge part of nba so it should be in a nba game lol
Old 10-20-2015, 12:21 PM   #34
Banned

prestwood90's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirjam
Allstar sim 9 min qtrs with def awar, def help maxed. 106 with Kobe, no extra attention no doubles no digs no nothing.
Looks like u took every shot in the game with kobe......if kobe or Durant etc did that in real life they would score 100......Kobe did score 82 once and didn't even take every shot.......I agree the defense should have made adjustments when they realized u were cheesing tho

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk
Old 10-20-2015, 12:25 PM   #35
MVP

OVR: 3

One of the things that gets under my skin is that i dont feel like im rewarded enough for my defense.

For all its faults, one thing i can say about Madden is if I KNOW what a person is going to do, and KNOW how to stop it, you can shut it down. The ways to stop it might not be sim in all scenarios, but they work. And i feel a great since of reward when im successful.

example;

im playing my brother in law in madden and he's moving the sticks all game with come-back routes. Im telling my DB's to shade outside, but this is prior to the latest patch and they're not responding correctly. I know i can stop it with bracket-coverage, but i dont want to use it early enough for him to find a counter. So towards the end of the game, he's marching down the field and needs a crucial 4th down conversion. I call a 2-man under to disguise my coverage, shade inside and hot-route my safeties to buzz zones. He falls for it hook, line and sinker. My strong safety under cuts the route and picks it off. I got such a rush from a successful strategic adjustment that it left a lasting satisfaction thats a fond memory weeks later.

Cut to NBA2k. Many times I make correct adjustments or read a play and when i get a stop its more like "FINALLY!!!". If i read a pass the the tipped ball is recovered by hyper-reactive offensive player. 50-50 balls are more like 60-40 balls. Blocks find their way back in the hand of the offense instead of starting a break and stone wall perimeter defense is pointless when a pass can be darted in the paint pass you supposedly 'denying' defender.

These are the things that grind my gears when im playing someone inferior and these lapses keep them in the game.

Last edited by 2_headedmonster; 10-20-2015 at 12:27 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-20-2015, 12:27 PM   #36
MVP

sirjam's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by prestwood90
Looks like u took every shot in the game with kobe......if kobe or Durant etc did that in real life they would score 100......Kobe did score 82 once and didn't even take every shot.......I agree the defense should have made adjustments when they realized u were cheesing tho

Yeah I was trying to see if they would really take away what I was doing. They didn't. I jus dribbled down, backed into the post and scored. I did the same thing with Shaq before that. Not a 100 but he went for 50 in 6 min qtrs
Old 10-20-2015, 12:27 PM   #37
DC
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 39

Just slow down.

Doing that will solve 90% of your issues.

Dead serious.

Everytime you touch the left stick it doesn't have to be full force
Old 10-20-2015, 12:28 PM   #38
Banned

prestwood90's Arena

Quote:
Yeah I was trying to see if they would really take away what I was doing. They didn't. I jus dribbled down, backed into the post and scored. I did the same thing with Shaq before that. Not a 100 but he went for 50 in 6 min qtrs
Hopefully ace updates make a difference once the season starts.....

Old 10-20-2015, 12:55 PM   #39
MVP

sirjam's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by prestwood90
Hopefully ace updates make a difference once the season starts.....

I know it almost feels like ace is turned off right now bc maybe there was a bug or issue. And if that's the case I'm cool with it but jus tell us something. They're being very quiet
Old 10-20-2015, 12:58 PM   #40
Banned

prestwood90's Arena

Quote:
I know it almost feels like ace is turned off right now bc maybe there was a bug or issue. And if that's the case I'm cool with it but jus tell us something. They're being very quiet
Tweeted czar and og and czar told me og would have a better clue so we will see what he says.....og has always had a good response to my questions

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »