Home

i want and try to enjoy this game

This is a discussion on i want and try to enjoy this game within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-20-2015, 01:01 PM   #41
MVP

sirjam's Arena

OVR: 15
Re: i want and try to enjoy this game

Quote:
Originally Posted by prestwood90
Tweeted czar and og and czar told me og would have a better clue so we will see what he says.....og has always had a good response to my questions

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk
Czar is the man. I've known him for a while. OG was talking to me but I guess I got a little obsessive after he wanted proof. So I showed him box scores and a vid. Haven't heard from him since.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-20-2015, 01:03 PM   #42
Rookie

zizoux's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by DC
Just slow down.

Doing that will solve 90% of your issues.

Dead serious.

Everytime you touch the left stick it doesn't have to be full force
This. I'm sure most of the gamers in general don't know how to feather the sticks because they're simply impatient.
Old 10-20-2015, 01:36 PM   #43
MVP

Taer's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobbyColtrane
I have been a Spurs fan for about 30 years and I only ever play with them.

I think they have the default offense wrong for them because they won't run Swing unless I manually change it from "Default" to "Swing" at the beginning of every game.

I wish I could save that change so I didn't have to do it every game....
Quote:
Originally Posted by The 24th Letter
Spurs offense is definitely off by default.

I struggled with them out of the gate because whatever they run by default crowds the floor...
I agree with you both. Spurs swing offense should be initiated first. I have not played with them much this year so I did not know the default issue was constant.
Old 10-20-2015, 03:02 PM   #44
MVP

Jrocc23's Arena

OVR: 6
i want and try to enjoy this game

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirjam
Yeah man there's so many glaring issues with this game. Idk how people keep denying it. Ace is a joke and it was suppose to be such a big deal. Yes they change pressure on shooters and have Kawai and Klay guard every pg but what else does it do? Where's the nba rotations that was promised. I jus don't get how people aren't more upset about these things and the things you pointed out? It's suppose to be a sim game correct?

I am disappointed with the Ace stuff as well. I don't know if it just doesn't work properly in MyCareer, but I don't really see anything different from opposing teams. They all play the pick and roll the same way by doubling me and leaving the roller wide open. Combine that with the CPU making all types of contact layups, I can score 85-90% of the time doing pick and rolls. Makes me feel guilty even using the pick and roll.

I recall reading that a double would sometimes come if a smaller player was guarding a big. Haven't seen that once yet. Last time I've seen this was on last gen. It's very cool seeing Kawhi and Klay start the game off on you, but when I first seen it, I thought it was just smart AI but it seems they are the only players that do such a thing. When I was hearing about all of this, I was thinking it would be a possibility my coach would even put me on the best player sometimes and etc.

Overall, I am disappointed with the ace stuff. Just thought I would see big differences in teams. But I am still enjoying the game. Only thing that's killing the game for me is the defensive rotations, how Mike wont adjust the CPUs ability to make contact layups and midrange shooting and I mean my teammate and opposing CPU. I mean, I don't see how anyone can't see how frequent those are. And last but not least, the amount of unnecessary fouling. I know people say HOF - SIM is supposed to be fake. But for me it feels slightly better than SS. Seems like the CPU actually miss a little more from mid and you can sometimes contest shots without it being a foul. And it's more competitive for me. But fix all that and I'll be good. Because it seems like the midrange success didn't apply to the CPU.

NBA 2K11
XtremeXplicit Crew
Ranked

Check us out: http://www.youtube.com/jroccdagameboy

Last edited by Jrocc23; 10-20-2015 at 03:07 PM.
Old 10-20-2015, 06:19 PM   #45
MVP

sirjam's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jrocc23
I am disappointed with the Ace stuff as well. I don't know if it just doesn't work properly in MyCareer, but I don't really see anything different from opposing teams. They all play the pick and roll the same way by doubling me and leaving the roller wide open. Combine that with the CPU making all types of contact layups, I can score 85-90% of the time doing pick and rolls. Makes me feel guilty even using the pick and roll.

I recall reading that a double would sometimes come if a smaller player was guarding a big. Haven't seen that once yet. Last time I've seen this was on last gen. It's very cool seeing Kawhi and Klay start the game off on you, but when I first seen it, I thought it was just smart AI but it seems they are the only players that do such a thing. When I was hearing about all of this, I was thinking it would be a possibility my coach would even put me on the best player sometimes and etc.

Overall, I am disappointed with the ace stuff. Just thought I would see big differences in teams. But I am still enjoying the game. Only thing that's killing the game for me is the defensive rotations, how Mike wont adjust the CPUs ability to make contact layups and midrange shooting and I mean my teammate and opposing CPU. I mean, I don't see how anyone can't see how frequent those are. And last but not least, the amount of unnecessary fouling. I know people say HOF - SIM is supposed to be fake. But for me it feels slightly better than SS. Seems like the CPU actually miss a little more from mid and you can sometimes contest shots without it being a foul. And it's more competitive for me. But fix all that and I'll be good. Because it seems like the midrange success didn't apply to the CPU.
Yeah I feel like the Klay and Kawai thing is coded, the reason is they jus guard pg's. Play the Hawks vs Warriors and Klay guards Teague from the jump. Even worse play the Rockets and Kawai starts on Lawson. What tha?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-20-2015, 07:08 PM   #46
Rookie

OVR: 0

Game is great offline, but online is just embarrassing. If you try to play sim you will lose most of the time. I lost a my team game from a guy just sprinting down the court, and for some reason everyone is open off of an inbound pass. You also have players randomly falling down which i think might have something to do flopping. Game is great offline 10/10 best basketball sim ever, but online 2K has to do better. Spend more time on gameplay and less on forgettable storylines.
Old 10-20-2015, 07:20 PM   #47
MVP

sirjam's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guys_WhoGame
Game is great offline, but online is just embarrassing. If you try to play sim you will lose most of the time. I lost a my team game from a guy just sprinting down the court, and for some reason everyone is open off of an inbound pass. You also have players randomly falling down which i think might have something to do flopping. Game is great offline 10/10 best basketball sim ever, but online 2K has to do better. Spend more time on gameplay and less on forgettable storylines.
Great offline? 10/10? Are u kidding me? Do u watch nba basketball? Or did u jus get the game? I was thinking that to until I had it for a week and the shiny paint started to come off revealing the true paint. If ace did as advertised I might be closer to agreeing but as of now it might be a 6 on the sim scale as far as hardcore gameplay goes, No bells and whistles to divert your attention. Jus bare bones it's a 6
Old 10-20-2015, 07:26 PM   #48
Banned

apollooff320's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guys_WhoGame
game plays better online then offline IMO but that's when you fine players that play without using the turbo button 100% of the time. CPU cheats the user to much to say the game is better offline.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »